Russia-Georgia-Ottesia News Explanations PLEASE?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by looseleaf, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

Exactly. It's not about retaliation strike, it's about a feeling that someone can launch a "preemptive" strike and survive.

Unlike Russian/Soviet leadership, American political tradition makes US leaders act unpredictably and, quite often, absolutely insane. We can't rely on common sense dealing with them. And if they'll get a feeling that they'll survive after pressing the Button - no one can be sure that they will not press it. Look at all the russophobic crap in Western media. Maybe US leaders really believe all that shit? Who knows?... We don't want to take such chances, so - they'll better not try to install ABM system in Europe. It's just like we don't feel we think it's good for us. ABM positions are already targeted by Russian tactical missiles, just to make sure that they are gone before minutemen will start falling here.

2. bot

bot Well-Known Member

It's funny that you make mention of people being "insane"

and what exactly is a "Freehost Community Officer" anyway?

I know all this nuke talk is "what if" but saying things like "they'll better not try and install ABM system in Europe," makes your rhetoric the same as all these old non-common sense having American politicians and Russian Generals, it's kind of sad to see that talk coming from a younger(>40) person. It's time to get away from all this repetative historical hate and start using our brains. Americans are not so different than Russians, no matter what you guys keep trying to tell each other.

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

in this case (with the same religion) politicians build the border...

4. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

again, a dellusion.
    american government is an institution, it operates within an institutional tradition, presidents might change every X years but the behind-the-scenes forces that influence their business do not.
    all the rest is just rhetoric. somehow, americans and atlantic-feeling europeans (i mean ones that intuitively see US as friends, not that they are pro-war) try to find psychological comfort about the continuing interventionist politics despite surrender of their former Cold War target.
    So they put all the blame on G Bush. its just how you can feel not part of it. once Bush is gone it all will get better, ha-ha.

The next president might try a bit softer appearance. However he will preach the same 'freedom and democracy values' to the rest of us, helping it with wads of dollars in left hand and bombs in the right
    just as americans did ever since Eisenhower.
    for me is mystifying how can Bill Clinton be seen as a good guy. Anybody count how many countries he bombed in his term in office?
    He and old Bush set the post-Cold War precedent that would allow the current Bush to do what he does.
    and the next one will be able to keep going because anything will look innocent in comparison with the combined Afghanistan + Iraq + Iranian threat of war.

East block politics indeed changed radically in 1990. But West block politics didnt change. THAT is the reason why Cold War shows signs of resurfacing.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  5. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

here is one example for you from a British newspaper* about how much things will change:
    (and please try to see the bigger picture this time, rather than objecting onto small details)

*i try to cite western newspapers in arguments because their attitudes would feel more credible to you. it is easier to dismiss a non-western account as hysterical or one-sided.

however, if you'd actually want to know anything about middle eastern feelings, id advise you to read native arab blogs instead (there are plenty in english), download iranian films, etc.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  6. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

What about these guys?

7. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

to me they looks like they defending sovereignty
    us pushed to korea quite much, but after they banged their abomb usa left them alone.

8. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

9. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

wow, I cant recognise the BBC!

I was browsing now through their last few days of coverage on the Georgia conflict: somewhere after the 20th their tone has completely changed into neutral-to-pro-russian!

whats going on?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  10. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

The journalists finally received that crate full of vodka.

11. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

fuckie youre an ass and you know that but... I can't but laugh on yours rep "vodka" rules the world :)

ps. I can't beleive nobody takes seriously this bilderberg group...

12. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

BTW, you can watch live how America's "political" process is progressing.

http://www.c-span.org/Watch/C-SPAN_wm.aspx

I am vomiting now...

Another view: http://marklevinshow.com/wp-content/themes/levin/player/getshow.php?url=levin08252008.mp3

I remember 1972!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  13. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

FUCK!

14. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Yes, and a cake with bananas on top is still the same cake underneath as the one with strawberries on it. Doesn't mean the topping doesn't change, and that can attribute to a whole lot of differences.

I find it funny how you say "try to find psychological comfort about the continuing interventionist politics". Is this thread not about military actions in Georgia? Were you not laying blame to the US for bombing targets in Serbia after their actions against Kosovo?

But, to set one thing straight, NATO itself, will almost exclusively act when given a UN green light. Now you're probably going to say the UN is another western institute symptomatic of a decaying world where freedom is enforced, castles in the sky are maintained, backwater politics roam free and that it's purely a facade for NATO or the likes?

Did you count how many countries he bombed? Now, in that list, scratch away the retaliation strikes (and don't be naieve enough to think retaliation isn't a valid motive), then scratch away the actions performed under a UN mandate. Then scratch the actions where they bombed hostile forces violating the sovereignty of an allied country (sounds familiar?). Your list is a lot shorter now isn't it?

So it's all our fault, and it couldn't have anything to do with how the old dog and pony show is being run nowadays?

Consider what I do compiling a Riemann sum.

Maybe it's you who doesn't see the bigger picture? Ever considered that?

In what you said, you've been constantly assuming that what you know as true, is true in fact. Its logical, every equation needs it's zero and it's one. But, can you honestly tell me why your sources are any better than mine? Both are biased, but if the bias is equal, then aren't we both fooled?

You're just assuming that I'm the only one who'se being fooled here.

-Z

15. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

I am trying desperately not to vomit, especially with the DNC rally going on.
    Of course I do not expect the GOP to be any better. I believe the future will be interesting, whomever gets elected.

On the international front, I find it equally interesting that Medvedev is busy racing around the east trying to drum up support, and Beijing immediately said NO. I don't expect much else out of Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan, but only time will tell.
    The Ukraine is very concerned about recent events, and is drawing closer to the West, as is Poland, as is China, as is just about everyone else.

My big question is why is Medvedev trying to find support? Why not send Putin, he has more experience and is a known person to most of their leaders, or is Putin allowing Medvedev to internationally immolate himself for some purpose?

16. hardy

hardy Well-Known Member

Georgian armored forces strikes Tskhinvali
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oqiSOPijiU

video from Georgian side

background voice: Burn their houses, save ammo, select target and then make only 2-3 shots on it, .................... fire at roofs, burn houses!!!...

17. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  18. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

It's no secret that US armed and trained Georgian armed forces.

Take a look at this: http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=9909

The author worked in Reagan's first term administration, I think he pretty much sums it all up.

19. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

20. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned