a new game?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Mcloud, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

great post -stec! This fking game is ruined cause of 'developments' of the games inner behaviour, due to changes these devs have choose to make.At 1st this game was made out of love, and when somebody without it touches it, it indevidevitably start to ruin, step by step ...

I salute u man stec truely , you was the dude who introduced this sht to me in the 1st place.Not the to mention these friends I've got over the seas these years.

This boat is sinking, buuuut !

Who's the captain? :D

2. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

The captain never showed on a passenger deck, he only sends down his annoying goons ;)

3. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Not to be a pain in the ass or something, but I really disagree with you on that one.

There have always been changes, and back in the old days people nagged as well. There were just more developers back then, more vocal at that as well maybe, and you had the idea something was being done with your issue/complaint.

Either way, I doubt it's that that killed the game. If it was, we would've seen a much more steady decline. No, it's general attitude, a cascade effect, and the social aspect of the game. It's something much less tangible, and much harder to do something about. It's the sort of golden carrot you need to dangle in front of players' eyes to motivate them to continue forward.

I think things started going downhill somewhere near 2003/2004 when various non-subscription alternative WWII sims surfaced. One person left, then the other guy who used to wing with that guy felt like it wasn't the same, and stopped flying, and the same happened eventually with the third guy. Add to that some of the people flying FH in the old days (like blue) were 20'ish back then, and now probably have graduated, got a job and a lot less time, have outgrown this place.

Saturation of the WWII flightsim market was the start, cascade effect, shit throwing, and more unfriendlyness, less "rave consensus" probably killed the rest. Back in the old days you knew everyone because new people only joined ever so rarely. There was this general feeling of "we're in this together".

Ah well, it's all hard to say really, but at least, that's what I believe and, I guess, what did it for me. I might've gotten back to FH, weren't it for all the people I used to fly with having left the game. And I know why/where they left to.

-Z

4. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

Shut down the dweebery and exploits and the real pilots will return.

5. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Thnx -stec

and kinda also mr.Z too ,it's just how people live without love within no-can-do bro.

@cabron , get reallife not this sht pls

6. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

PPS. -stec ,the captain is the last one who leaves the vessle ;)

7. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Private mentor?? I think it was either gawong or mazilo that persuaded me to come here from the old H2H site I frequented for warbirds, and believe me, if someone was mentored by gawong... he/she would have given up right there on the spot!!

@redant, it might very well be that way. I hate to say this but I think some would come back if say the first or second updates FH made to original warbirds were reinstated/brought back. I hate to say this with all the waork that has been done but I think it would be for the best.

<S> bullet

8. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

cool runnings biz, I admire your attitude

9. Gaze

Gaze Active Member

How about updating the website so people can actually get the right launcher and IP?? Not many are gonna figure out to go to forum to find it. I doubt many new people even get to forum for months.

10. -kopi-

-kopi- Well-Known Member

Taba is looking very promising. Only problem nobody is flying there. I like that flight model is close to erlier wb with no sudden spins. You can snap roll a plane just like you should be able to do. Theres some tanks anti aircraft guns and you can see tracers from them. No uber hispano or shvak. No 1 20mm hit and wing gover. No 50 kg bombs that you have to hit with laser precision do destroy anything. There is a He 111 or Do 17 for german buff lovers. One thing that i hate in wb 2008 are cocpits. Those in wb 2.xx are many times more beautyfull then in newer wb. Still taba has rps and rts. So when map changes then also pllane set changes so no zekes over africa or 190 over pacific.
    If anyone would like to try it pls pm me and we can set hours to fly there.

Regards Kopi.

11. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

<S> kopi

12. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Anybody know what percentage of new computer sales are coming with Windows XP, 2000, NT, 98 or with Linux?

Maybe what's needed is an X-box version?

:rolleyes:

13. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Yep, the cockpits are an offense to the eye. :-\

14. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

I dunno what you guys have against those cockpits
    srsly I don't see anything that horribly wrong with them

Ant did you get it installed OK? Mby we can set a date and get there with kopi so he can kick our asses all over the frickin' place ;)

15. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Well its been awhile since I gave Taba a try, I'll do a reinstall and give it a go soon. the only complaint I had about wb2008 is the snap view. I would prefer it like it is on 2.77, the panning is very annoying. I do know you can have the quick snap view but I remember it would go back to the panning view when you started a dogfight. Annoying as hell, but still playable. Is the connection stable to Tabahost?? and anyone have the dot commands for it?

<S>

bullet

16. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Yep, I got it all set up now. As for the cockpits, are you kidding, mate? :p When I look at those cockpit graphics I feel like it's 1990 again. Very blurry lines, very little attention to detail ... the compass gauge is barely even readable at all. I'm playing at the highest resolution supported by WB3.

The other thing that pisses me off is that they went and reassigned all the keys. I know you can customize key functions to your liking, but IMO they should have kept the keyboard mapping closer to that of WB2.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  17. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

Horrible graphics of the new WB, old 2.77 in 2D mode is damn prettier. :(
    Good thing is the great mouse support for flying, imo the best in sims what i've seen, but for me is 2.77 better (with fucked RPS too).

18. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

@bullet: shift+O switches the views back to old WB style and unless you press it again they stay that way, or mby you pressed sth else to deactivate them ;)

@ant: well they are a bit worse in detail, I totally agree on the compass thingie, but I can live with this, it doesn't bother me
    The keys are mostly the same as in old WB, which ones do you say they reassigned?

@fat dark beer: the plane models are prettier, the textures are prettier, buildings, explosions, fires are prettier, overall the eyecandy is better and there's no question about it, although the jaggedness of the terrain remains and I agree it does constitute a strange visual picture, but not enough to call it worse then old 2D WB :>

That said the water texture pisses me off greatly, "advanced water" is unplayable - it's just a one big plate of one colour, can't tell the height above it if my life depends on it, and it usually does
    The normal water is a bit better, but I liked the old WB water better

19. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

ugly/unreadable Compass fix:
    Old Troy's page
    plus a bunch of eye candies

If URL dont available, here is all stuff with manual - .rar file; inside, 2 zips and a .mht file: MS Internet Explorer only

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  20. Franz-

Franz- FH Beta Tester