Flight records thread

Discussion in 'IL-2 Sturmovik (En)' started by =SDPG=SPAD, Jun 25, 2009.

1. =SDPG=SPAD

=SDPG=SPAD Well-Known Member

So, while we are waiting for some progress on Il-2 FH - anyone who has some interesting records to share (from the test arena or from other servers) are welcome to put them here :)

I'l start it myself:

http://www.mediafire.com/?rjdb7spdscvakjx

FW190A-9, three sorties, 8 kills. Server - Il-2 Corbina telecom; size - 19.11 Mbytes.

Includes some nice (I believe so) 190 piloting in the beginning, some really poor shooting in the middle, and some fine teamwork in the end (although we were not on TS) :cool: It's over an hour long, so use time compression to skip the climbing, searching for enemy, landings/takeoffs and other boring stuff :)

P.S. Disregard the nickname - it's a long story to tell why I'm using a different one on this server ;) Once it was an alternative nick, you can guess it by the userpic.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  2. TGR_Teo

TGR_Teo Well-Known Member

3. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

You are an incredible marksman. I can't hit shit from such angles.

4. TGR_Teo

I am just spraying directly in to the opponents flight path. After that 4x 20 mm works for me. :)

5. =SDPG=SPAD

Than here's another video to impress you :) It's dedicated to =AFJ=GoodKinght - possibly one the best Fw-190 pilots in Il-2 .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpBMsB0qAqo

6. TGR_Teo

I am not the best but good enough i think. This is my another FW-190 video about defensive maneuvers (online records). I tried harder one then finally calculated some defensive maneuvers. Here is the result:

http://www.dailymotion.com/rakinroll/video/11083992

Enjoy it...

7. TGR_Teo

8. =SDPG=SPAD

Very nice! Really, 190 isn't just an "armoured steam-engine" as some pilots think :)

P.S. By the way, having a K/D of about ~4 in AFW is quite impressive. Keep it up!

9. Red Ant

10. TGR_Teo

Using fraps but with huge disc space. With my same system i could not make good record because of little disc space. I was be able to save my records but fps was going to down as you said. Then i bought second hard disc and it is good now. Do not why but fraps need huge free disc space.

11. Red Ant

I had some totally breath taking fights tonight, both defeats and victories but I'd be damned if I ever have recording switched on at the right moment. :(

It seems I'm finally getting the hang of this game, or rather flying my P-38 with some success in this game. I've been getting pwned pretty badly ... very disheartening. Seems my experience from Warbirds doesn't count a damn ... I have to relearn the game from ground up. As I said, I can see a light at the end of the tunnel but at the moment I'm still losing more fights than I win.
    I'll try to remember to leave recording switched on so I can post an interesting track or two as well. :)

12. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

ah I see a glimmer of hope for this one ;)

13. gil---

gil--- FH Beta Tester

What server is that?

14. =SDPG=SPAD

15. Red Ant

I've been messing around with various screen capture programs. Tried about 6 free ones, most of which sucked (some couldn't even get through the setup stage without crashing). I ended up just shelling out €15 to purchase a full version of Growler Guncam and experimented around a bit with it. Here's my first video. :9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyC2oMqOfoY

Note that this is just me against an AI pilot, so nothing special here. Real life footage of me getting my ass spanked hard against human players is to follow in the days to come. :)

16. jfm

jfm Well-Known Member

hi antred
    maybe you want try change this setting in conf.ini

[HookView Config]
    Speed=?

high number like
    Speed=100
    causes instant views change (with "wide" FOV its almost very similiar to WB)
    just default setting could be too slow for WB player :)

17. =SDPG=SPAD

Another good .ntrk i've got to share:

Bf109G-14, Balaton 1945, Earth in Flames SOV server.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ccujyfja8djwwhj

One sortie (about 20 min. long), 4 kills (1xYak-3, 3xLa-7). Size - 8.6MB

Description: after participating in a low-level fight alongside a group of =RFF= FW's, I decided to move a bit further to the south alone. What I found there turned out to be a rally point for some ShtrafAP fighters. Well, I just grabbed the opportunity :)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  18. TGR_Teo

Very good energy saving and good aiming. S!

19. Red Ant

Is the 109's engine indestructable? :dura: It seems your engine is constantly overheating but not really taking any damage from it.

20. Red Ant

I'm actually shocked that this is even possible. IMO it would be better if all players had to make do with the same delay between switching from one view to another.

IMO Il-2's way of modeling snap views is more realistic than Warbirds' ... a real pilot doesn't turn his head that fast, so neither should you.