What exactly is death?......

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by tazman88, Jul 11, 2009.

1. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

you should watch it from a more distant angle.
    that video is real, but probably taken from selscted shots. for sure, it has been used for raising money.

however, rather get away from a horror view. it is nothing more than an early heart-lung-machine. besides the dog-head (which has been used only for the demonstration that the machine is partly able to replace heart and lung), the other experiment (dog sucked empty and refilled after death) is for very real, and many times approved by following operations. many others failed, as they have been executed in the late 20s.
    anyway, the same process happens today and everyday, and those people invilved are probably very happy that heart-lung-machines have been invented once.

as i said in my post before, dr gibbon has experimented the same, just with cats. he was only lucky, that the patents of brychonenko haven't made it's way to overseas.

about the discussion of dead, which the video is not about, the aspects are difficult. for sure, it can't be simplified to an amount of body left. and absolutely not can it be related to the ability of procreation.

procreation as an argument for bein alive is for a strange one. i might say, it is a very strange one - and has been abused in the dark ages of last century a lot!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  2. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

pathetic fucks

3. thug

thug Well-Known Member

Procreation as an argument for being alive is not strange. People abuse everything, so of course it's been abused, who's arguing that it hasn't?
    Life is full of ugly--frying up a piece of pig's ass in a pan isn't exactly rolling in a flowered meadow, but it's life sustaining, what does rolling in flowers get you?

4. tazman88

tazman88 Well-Known Member

you guys are killing me :@popcorn:

5. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Death is your one real shot at an all expenses paid vacation. You don't have to deal with people lying to you, stealing your stuff, or your sister being the number one prostitute in all of Kazakhstan. You don't even have to be mad that her pimp lives right next door!

In death, there is no such thing as being the Snacko.

You don't have to see day after day after day crap about Michael Jackson's death on the news, nor do you have to worry about that jackass weatherman screwing up the forecast.

Your girlfriend cheating on you is the last thing on your mind, or what's left of it anyway.

You don't have to worry about people breaking shit out of sheer stupidity in a house that you spent all summer repairing. You don't even need to worry anymore about some dumbass lumberyard worker screwing up delivery times, thus making you wait an extra THREE DAYS facilitating these repairs.

You don't even need to be mad that the scorepages aren't up when you're dead. :shuffle:

:@drunk:

6. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

"there is no such a thing "wings". you just die and that's all"/caterplillar/

7. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

But we must also ask ourselves: Did not Trofim Lysenko also find great fame in the Soviet Union at this time?

Lysenkoism.

8. tazman88

tazman88 Well-Known Member

did he? ok so how does that change implications of this experiment?

9. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

Age old dialectic.
    And too, a hundred or so years of not so ancient dialectic.

Commies were atheist.
    Everyone else not.

Was not that scientest a commie?

Never trust a lacky to give you The Straight Goods.....
    running dog scientests, journalists, etc. Same old same old.

The world is a LOT more than that german economest's philosophy and his/it's ilk.

10. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Well, it just reminded me of a sometimes over-enthusiastic spirit of scientific inquiry, let's say. Things that seem interesting in the moment turn out to be, looking back, a wrong track -- either scientifically or ethically.

I dunno, I'm sort of with Thug and some others: if the dog can be reanimated and get emotional like Frankenstein, or do a Rubik's Cube...

Wait...I probably couldn't do a Rubik's Cube.

Frankly, it is my sincere hope that when one dies, one gets erased and absolutely ceases "spiritually," and continues to exist only as physical remains and in the memories of others. If I tasered a corpse it could probably dance a quadrille, but if it won Eurovision it wouldn't be right somehow.

I'm an indecisive person, so I'm agnostic ;)

I'm hoping that death is the big fdisk or redirection into /dev/null :)

11. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

science

lysenko was for sure not very overenthusiastic, or was he? i mean, he negated most of the progress in genetics that time.

and how did it compare with brychonenko?
    it seems to me, that it still doesn't look to be wrong track... and that anyone would be quite happy to have a machine making operations on the heart possible.
    the rest i already said before.

i have the impression, you haven't even seen the video, uncles. did you?

12. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Re: science

Actually I watched it Friday night, but some wine had been consumed ;) I will try to rewatch it later...

13. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

To me it seems logical that at personal level one can not experience death, thus in this definition...

Death is nothing(ness).

All our experiences are confined within life. Because I - as an observer - cease to be at the very moment a die.

And yet so many of us fear nothiness that can not be experienced.
    Or do we fear the pain...fear the life itself?

I once read someone say something along lines -Life is easy and death is easy...it's the transition between two that is hard.

Death as physical phenomenon, that's more on topic. I'm too stupid and/or tired to think about that. Is an isolated heart that pumps flood alive? Well many things without neural system that forms the conciousness are considered to be living. Or is it (just) a machine? Are we machines?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  14. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

I just view death as a worthy adversary anymore. Death doesn't lie, it equalizes everything, and makes room for new beginnings. Mortality is mortality, and there's nothing more to it than that. So death is little more than the absence of life, which means this post is really about defining life. For that, to each their own. For me, life is little more than a state of misery that is nasty, brutish, and long. The good life is placing yourself in a state of mind where the misery in life doesn't matter anymore. This is why some of the poorest people can be some of the happiest people. It is also why the dying are happy. So, basically, the way to be happy in life is through cerebral dontgiveashititis (it may lead to coronary dontgiveashititis, which can be fatal to most relationships, especially between those of the opposite sex). It's becoming a more common disease in which the afflicted doesn't care either way what happens due to it's effect on the limbic system. Fortunately for most, there is no cure.

15. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

When the news came out that Elvis died, 100s of people shouted and proclaimed it wasn't so....

When Jimi Hendricks died, again the voices cried-out in disbelief and again with Jim Morrison and also John Lennon...

However when it was announced that Jerry Garcia had died....

EVERYONE said he was dead, there was no question......