If you wonder why the arenas are empty....

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Cabron, Jul 20, 2009.

1. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Sad ain't it?
    I though FH would never die, but with the game totally abandoned by devs and admins there just is no other way this can go, but down the drain

2. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Ah well, it's been in decline for a long long time. It's had it's time, on to bigger and better, though it's hard to tell where exactly that is to be found.

The mindless bickering etc is something that puzzles me though. Only on flight simulation forums can you find the weirdest arguments between people, or so it seems.

-Z

3. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Here's hoping that it will be Il-2 FH. *fingers crossed*

Oh, you'll find all that AND anally retentive moderators on various strategy game forums, too. Trust me. :rolleyes:

4. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

I used to play air warrior.
    It was a sad time when WB went gold. There were players by the dozen bitching and complaining about the shitty flight mode and physics in WB. Those people quietly joined when they ran out of stuff to do, when they were unable to play aw anymore, they switched.
    I was broke, very broke. I kept seeing stuff on the net about this freehost thing. I couldn't wait!!!!!

Now, fh is slowing down and going toward it's grave.
    The best things grow over graves.

IL-2 isn't too back It will get better and better as long as Mr Maddox makes a decent living.
    I don't know if he does make good money, but if he does NOT, then he will start suing people - or the marketing company selling the program will.........
    I hope he has it all worked out so his flgiht sim improves, instead of languishing, atrophying....

Yeah, I know, fh is not wb.

I would pay the money to play that warbirds version except the interface is horrible, it is so bad that it is arcane. I think the current wb interface made by the same children who made world of warcraft.
    They do different stupid things, but still, plenty of stupid things.

Animal corpses

Animal
    corpses???????

5. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  6. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

The sim, whether here or at IEN.....or Aces High....or hyperlobby, would attract and retain more pilots if noobs could actually find all the information on what tools are available to them in a single place rather than having to do research or find out things by word of mouth.

I've flown freehost for a long time and never knew that you could override otto settings or still use the attach command since most literature says these features are disabled though I've never had any use for .attach.

If a noob could come in and find ballpark stick settings, maps, and other customizable command line settings, then they might be able to put up with the arena behavior which is a lot harder to control.

As of now, the information a noob needs is spread about the internet and would takes tons of search time and research to find it.

On top of that, a noob won't know what to look for....which adds more work for him.

I really think it could be done here with a single sticky thread that actually shows examples with screen shots of setup screens and command line usage.

Including a page on dweebish tactics that a noob might run into combined with a hall of shame thread filled with tracks of dweebish flying might keep noobs from logging in disgust.

I will make a pathetic attempt at a good sticky thread soon that could help noobs get up to speed and avoid being clubbed like baby harp seals............well.......everything but the flying part.....which really is only about 60% of what is needed to do well here.

I'll try to let them in on the other 40%.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  7. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

There is an FH Wiki. Also there already is a sticky thread. Can't help people that don't want to be helped though.

-Z

8. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Freehost lives :)

Dweebs or not, this evening ~ 20 dudes flying there.

Furballs

Buffing

Arguments

Seemed pretty cool to me :)

Nine (9) years of free gaming.

I say, good job to the Russians :)

9. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

True....arena population has increased in the last month compared to the 4 months preceeding.

I've seen both the wiki and the thread but neither point out some of the things that give an edge to the old hands.

10. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

Roster imbalance has a lot to do with the lack of pilot retension here.

[​IMG]

So what's more fun?

Getting run down by 4 guys every time you up or shooting up a plane only to have 3 other teammates swoop in and steal the kill?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  11. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Gold planes are way underpowered. It takes four gold planes to fight one red plane. Standard stuff. :shuffle:

It is kinda bad having the roster like that. I popped in this evening under an assumed name when the roster had 2 red vs 98761927361234 gold and I shot down a couple of bombers that promptly self-bombed. Brasileros muerto como cachorro. :ass:

If they can't read that, give it time. I'm trying to learn. :D

12. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

13. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

balance is good problem. because last year we could not suffer disbalance with few players. balance is a constant flame of 2002-2005.

14. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

I must be missing something.

Isn't a roster like this almost the same as playing offline or is there some sort of special thrill that people get from having nobody to shoot at and just capturing fields unopposed?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  15. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

Even with zero opposing planes, I watched these guys dive into the ground or ack so they didn't have to RTB and taunt the reds (who weren't there) on channel 100.

I jumped from field to field to watch the dweebery and logged out of disgust.

Here's a 10 second track.

suiciders

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  16. ganjab

ganjab Well-Known Member

hi all

i think on reason is also ,that the turks are back in arena

17. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

turks?

18. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Ya, you know ... that weird country on the south coast of the Black Sea? The people that live there, we call 'em Turks. :p

19. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

anyone minds introducing some penalty for selfbombing?
    or it will be another draco law?

20. demian

demian Well-Known Member

I dont mind, but u MUST define selfbombing first .
    If it is dropping bomb to deny kill OK, but not if that is running to ack with bomb and hitting yourself by accident.

BTW why not simply add message "Boa killed himself by his own bomb"
    instead of "killed by ack weenies".