@ant

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -al---, Nov 17, 2009.

1. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

I recall we've once had that german-language-has-the-silliest-words-possible conversation.

Well I went on the internet today and found THIS:

doppelkupplungsgetriebe

%)

2. Asmumy

Asmumy Well-Known Member

Der Cottbusser Postkutscher putzt den Cottbusser Postkutschkasten.

3. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Not entirely coincidentically the name of the roof of a Porsche Boxster, a name Jeremy Clarkson made fun off last Sunday on the latest episode of Top Gear...?

-Z

4. seung_sahn

seung_sahn Banned

5. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

but he was close ;)

yes, I got it from top gear, and I got the top gear from the internet, so I'm with accordance to what I wrote up there ;)

6. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I think "Landwirtschaftsproduktionsgenossenschaft" is a bit more intimidating. :p

7. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

A lot of these big words in German are actually several words that have been concatenated or joined together to form a single new word.

For example, in German you would say "I have a big fat engorged penis" which becomes "Ich Hazzen ein GrossenFattenpumpinKocken"

In English, we would say "I have a big cock". Our way takes less letters to write, less space to write, less time to say and is more easily understood.
    So much for german engineering...

:kruto:

8. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

yeah well, mccock just explained my point exactly :p

9. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

German is easy

Those who know Latin and are used to the derivations, can easily learn it.

This thing is actually mentioned by almost all of the German teachers at every start of their courses. Then, they continue with studying some odd words like "der", "die", "das", "den", etc. In the end, it must be reminded that it is such a logical and simple language.

To explain all that we have affirmed, let's take a practical example. Firstly, buy the "German Language Book". It's an awesome volume, with covers made of carton, published in Dortmund, which tells us about the customs of the Hottenttots (auf Deutsch: Hottentotten). In the book it is told how the kangaroos (Beutelratten) and caught and imprisoned in cages (Kotter), covered with a cloth (Lattengitter), which protected them from the rain. These cages are called in German "cages covered with cloths" (Lattengitterkotter), and, when they contain a kangaroo: Lattengitterkotterbeutelratten. One day, the Hottentots arrested an assassin (Attentäter), accused to have killed a a Hottentot mother (Hottentottenmutter), having a silly boy with talking problems (Stottertrottel).
    Such a female is called in German Hottentottenstottertrottelmutter, and its assassin is a Hottentottenstottertrottelmutterattentater. The assassin is captured and it is locked for a while in a kangaroo cage (Beutelrattenlattengitterkotter), but the captive escapes. Immediately, everybody goes searching the fugitive and, suddenly, a Hottentot warrior returns yelling:
    -I've got the assassin (Attentater)!
    -Really? Which?
    -The Lattengitterkotterbeutelrattenattentater.
    -What? The assasin in the kangaroo cage that is covered with a cloth?
    -Well, the Hottentottenstottertrottelmutterattentater (The assassin of the Hottentot mother of the silly child with talking disorders).
    -Oh! You should have said from the start that you caught Hottentottenstottertrottelmutterlattengitterkotter beutelrattenattentater.

As you can see, German is a simple language. All it needs is a little patience...

10. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm not liking it any more than you guys are, but it'll be hard to convince the 80 million others to stop using it. :p

11. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

haha :D

+1 for TP :D

12. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

loooooool airfax :D

13. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Yes TP that was quite a good post +1:@popcorn: