Smolensk

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Funtom, Apr 10, 2010.

1. casink

casink Well-Known Member

R.I.P:rose:

2. thug

thug Well-Known Member

Bummer
    :rose:

3. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

4. frost

frost Well-Known Member

5. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

6. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Have a drink on me... :@drunk:

:rose: :rose: :rose:

7. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

:rose: :rose:

Mevedev declared national mourning on Monday, 12th, the Cosmonautics Day. We didn't have national mourning even after recent Moscow subway bombings.

If there is a god - then he really goes in mysterious ways :(

I hope no one here thinks it were bloody Russians who murdered poor Poles _again_.

VVS spokesman reported that Polish plane was warned of extremely bad weather conditions (worse then 600x60 with limit for that almost-abandoned field being 800x80), they made 4 approaches. Russian IL-76 diverted to another field at the same time. Pan Kachinski (sorry for spelling) once had punished his pilot for refusing to land in Tbilisi in the same conditions right after the 080808 war.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  8. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

condolences to the fallen.

Pilot pressured to go against his better judgement, maybe?

Nice to see polish investigators were given immediate access..... so I doubt there was any conspiracy.

9. Asmumy

Asmumy Well-Known Member

Rip

"Jeszcze Polska nie zginęła"!

10. amator

amator Well-Known Member

Number of approaches isnt clear - few times I've heard 4 approaches were made, but one Russian investigator said 2. Im awaiting official investigators report based on evidence (cocpit voice recorder)
    Kaczyński; no problem
    Its possible that pilots were pushed 2 land, but dont blame Kaczynski, on board there were also 1.General chief of Polish armed forces and 2. Polish Air Force Chief - any of them could gave pilot an order 2 land.
    In Tbilisi pilot refused 2 land for other reasons according 2 my info
    I dont want to speculate now, lets wait for official reports
    Thank You again for condolences
    R.I.P.

11. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

about Tu-154: our army had a lot of technical problems with these planes, now (3-4 years) rather uses Airbus A-319 CJ. Do you have a same experience too?

12. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

Yes, there were few technical problems. After Haiti dissaster our rescue teams couldn't turn back to Poland because of some malfunction, also government delegation had problems AFAIR in Mongolia. There were many talking about replacing VIP-transport air fleet after our prime minister crash in Mi8 few years ago (he survived), but spending millions of dolars on luxury planes isn't popular decision.

Boroda, only idiot could think like this. It was just a very bad accident. This time our nations will be together.
    What happened is a big tragedy, that didn't have place in history, and I hope it will never have again.

13. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

from what i know we had couple of those and yes, quite a lot problems with them
    however the one that crashed was rather in good condition, had general repair in december afair and dozens flights since without any major problems, at least that i know of
    so, it seems it wasnt technical problem in this case, but lets wait for the investigation

well, tbh you can hear such opinions here and there, however like beryl said - only morons would think that and conspiracy theory fans, especially because foreign media are focusing on katyn because of that
    luckily there are no voices like this from politicians or any public individuals, even historians
    on the opposite, everyone seem touched by the diplomacy and tact russian side is showing
    lets just hope our investigators will have full access to the investigation as promised

we get various info about the crash in detail, however from all the chaos there is one conclusion for now - very bad conditions and wrong decision
    but theres no point to speculate
    and about tbilisi, no charges were pressed after all or were refuted, cant really tell, anyway in this case it was whole different thing, as already said

and really thank you for all the sympathy, it really is shock to us

14. Ziomek

Ziomek Well-Known Member

15. gil---

gil--- FH Beta Tester

16. sbleka

sbleka Well-Known Member

17. hardy

hardy Well-Known Member

18. ganjab

ganjab Well-Known Member

R.I.P

19. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

20. demian

demian Well-Known Member

When i see all those sad Poles, I kind of envy them. They obviously have a reason or believe they have a reason to be sad . That is good feeling when you feel the need to pay respect to some politician.
    I just SO wish those were politicians from Serbia, president, parlament members....Ok. Some members of their families as well, so they could Never make their tragedy a national one .
    Fuck them, fuck all of politicians.
    I feel bad just because Poles feel bad, people, not because those national icons died.