BBQ

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by mumble, Oct 23, 2010.

1. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Post your flamewarz about FH here. This can be flames about what plane you think is modeled incorrectly, who you think sucks as a pilot, why you hate to read a physics book, or pretty much anything related to flying here at FH. :cool:

2. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

So we were given a format much like this to show errors in the P-38 FM. ALW requests verification from exec. Exec said didn't see this. :cool:

First column of speeds XXX IAS/XXX TAS is from FH, second column is from wwiiaircraftperformance.org site IMHO.

It's just what you asked for. Did the required data format change again?

BTW here's the last time we tried this IIRC.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  3. Higgns

Higgns Well-Known Member

I think the guys who fly under one name and post under another suck big time.

4. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

So you hate about 98% of all FH? :cool:

Also, to hell with this emo kid. Makes no sense most of the time, then starts a flame war for no reason at all in every post. I expect to see a lot of this kid ITT.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  5. boa

boa Well-Known Member

Ill support this thread, even though I know it will fail (unlike my own ).
    I hate all russian planes, because they r made for idiotical players, the ones who after flying yak3 too much start insulting other players, thinking they achieved perfect flying:) You wont believe how many of them there are , how many idiots are made by flying i153. :) (not LL whose fav plane is that small bug)

6. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Supports thread, even though he/she (I'm leaning toward she at this point, maybe a transsexual) thinks it will fail. Says its own threads do not fail (orly? how's that P-38 thread going?). Where the fuck is the logic? :dunno:

7. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

So you don't even bother to get other people involved and then wonder why the quality of players in FH went down the shitter. This is NOT a sign of greatness. Yet another reason why there isn't "coordination" or whatever you want to call it. The fuck you my squad is better than anyone who isn't in a squad attitude really screws up the idea of cultivating an environment where players can improve their skills and feel like they're trying to accomplish something. If they're not trying to accomplish something with a group, all that's left is to bore holes in the sky trying to find where the enemy is attacking, and most of the time that's just a waiting game. This gets boring, and people start to be much less than willing to give a shit about the game and then they quit. That's a problem that admins cannot fix. Ever.

8. boa

boa Well-Known Member

I am both , male and female .
    For logic answer to your question you dont have to go around the world, its enough to read your own post.
    As for P38 , that is not my thread , that is Alw's. And if you ask me for oppinion he is progressing. He did everything he could, tested plane, found data, really good job imho. So, no , he has not failed.
    I wont reply to you anymore , 2 reasons for that :

1) I dont like feeding trolls

2) I dont like arguing with people who need help

9. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

10. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

11. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Girls, quit yer bitching, go to main and get your sissy asses strapped into a cockpit! :D

12. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I disagree. I have proof what would work to keep people here and interested. I believe that at least 90% of the people who fly here, fly to dogfight, not capture fields.

When I was in the Training Arena and it had airstart with killshooter turned OFF, I would find people in there more often and it would build up quickly to more users. Just furballing our butts off, having FUN, rather than flying 80% of the time looking for dogfights to instant dogfights. It promotes dogfighting, handling, and gunnery skills.

I would propose that we have two little arenas, Full Realism, and Relaxed Realism with maybe 3 fields in a 9 grid sized map for server load efficiency and let people have their own "fighter town". Scoff at the idea of Relaxed Realism but, when I was flying in Air Warrior years ago, RR was king. Usually 90%+ of the 400-500 nightly users were in RR. This day and age is STILL a shooter game rage. Just look at the game shelves and TV ads. People want to shoot and blow things up. If we had an arena where people could duke it out without blackouts/redouts/spins/stalls etc, those who couldn't grasp the reality of gravity and g forces would be having fun. I think about the days when there were so many online and so many squadrons it was mind blowing. Many people got bored with RR and went to FR but, RR was still king, because it was fun.

Admins can't fix the attendance problem? I think they can. Arenas geared for Fighter Town furballs.

13. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Contextual editing makes me a sad panda. The thing admins couldn't fix was the attitude of squads as of late. They go and bomb a field, screw it up, expect someone from outside their little mafia to come save the day by telling country channel 30 minutes after the first bombs fell then flame everyone when the attack ultimately dies, or the entire squad leaves after they fail to close a field.

Back to the point ALW made. I think the idea of having a RR arena would be awesome for a time like this so we can build our numbers back up again. The reason the FH failed was because of two things IMHO. One was the clusterfucking we got from abusive admins in the past, and two was when the training arena went away in the middle of the clusterfucking.

Nothing could possibly be more annoying for a new player than being forced to fly for 30 minutes to find a fight, then finding out that plane X, which is supposed to be able to outmaneuver plane Y in the situation the new player flew into gets toasted by the inferior plane. Then they get to rinse and repeat. Then they wait for the new version, which changed everything again and repeat the 30 min flight to find out the plane X vs. plane Y outcome again because the TA wasn't there.

That, and it would be a lot easier to generate feedback if we had a RR setup like ALW is talking about because people would be able to fly more frequently in an environment where it is easy to compare planes against each other (i.e. dogfighting).

14. boomzz

boomzz Member

fix the damn ping!. and ill be back more often. whats happend to it?for the last sev yrs its been an average 460 for me. yes thats right, i dont have/ cannot get broadband in the remote area i live at. that was fine , i could live with that. if i got shot down it was because my killer prob had unfair advantage with a better ping. maybe. if i got a kill on you then for-shame :D .then god help most of you if the telecos in my country wake up and invest in expanding bb:turret: .
    the point im trying to make is ..dial up has taken sec place in w/b prob due to reasons outside of there control. and poor basterds like me have no say-or do i? whats up with the ping now. it has increased to 600!! now in a dogfight im allost on the pilots six and hes shooting me down. trust me its a dis-advantage.i make a manuever and all he sees is a plane flying straight. straight enough to shoot down. no problem iv learnt to compensate at 400 ping , but 600 ping!! forget it.its no longer a fun game.unless the sever picks up i wont be in anymore sadly. i write this in the forlorn hope that the gods see it and go "shit we can fix that", well just put it thru the old server again. see ya around when i get a good PING again or broadband.:@prayer:

15. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

16. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

u suk.

17. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Sry if I pk u. Your cranium got in the way of my 20mm. :D