Trying to get back in the game...

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Rainer, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Rainer

Rainer Well-Known Member

Downloaded all the files plus latest drivers and control software for my joystick/throttle/pedals setup. CH Products USB Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals with latest control software. 4.51 I believe.

I can't for the life of me figure out which mode I should be in, 'Direct' or 'Mapped' and if perhaps there's a simple setting I've checked/unchecked in the past that allows the whole thing to be recognized as one multi-axis controller. Therefore, right now, I have only a joystick, even though the buttons on my throttle perform their functions correctly. I never had to use the mapper in WB itself as the CH software allowed me to customize the buttons.

Anyone out there running a similar CH setup that can give me a clue (or perhaps smack on the head) as to how this should be properly set up?

2. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I have the same problem with this logitech wingman extreme joystick, where the throttle won't respond in WB. I had it working before as well. I wonder if it's the beta version that's faulty.

3. Rainer

Rainer Well-Known Member

Separate throttle or built into the stick? Either way, I had no throttle control with just WB 2.77 installed before I even downloaded FH. I'm sending off an email to the tech guys @ CH Products to see what's up. My configuration hasn't changed since I last played a few years back, so I know it's just a setting I'm forgetting that I've yet to stumble upon.

One flight today ended with a collision.

4. noisul2008

noisul2008 Banned

WB Setup - Flight - Initial Brake Power - Differential brakes via - : look what is chosen "Joystick" or "Rudder"? If it's a "Rudder", then throttle and pedals can possibly be controled only by keyboard.

5. Rainer

Rainer Well-Known Member

Didn't work.

6. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Poor buggers. In all the years I have been gaming, I don't recal having to use drivers that came with the stick on a disk. No, Back in the MSDos days? Oh sure I did. SOrry, I had forgotten about that.
    Every stick I have bought since I got Win 95 has been detected and worked. withut a hassle.
    I haven't ever owned a CH brand though. A lot of my sticks have been those old ones MS used to make [so of course they would or should work out-of-the-box] And I have used A few others too, but never CS, so sorry, I cannot offer advice. Only my usual bitching. :p

7. noisul2008

noisul2008 Banned

a complicated matter... :znaika:

8. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Nope, I remember having that exact same problem when I still had my Wingman, and I did manage to solve it. Alas I've long forgotten what the solution was. :(

9. Rainer

Rainer Well-Known Member

After combining all 3 devices so as to be recognized in WB as 1 device, I needed to go back into Windows Control Panel and select the 'new device'.

Simple as that.

Cya up, check six!

10. Higgns

Higgns Well-Known Member

Joystick "drivers" or applications allow for advanced mapping and operations configurations.

If one wants to map elevator trim to a joystick axis, it can be done with some of these "drivers/applications".

11. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

hey!

thanks for the last round man!

that was Something. :)

12. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Lost your wingman?

[​IMG]

-Z