real planes

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by boa, Jul 8, 2011.

1. boa

boa Well-Known Member

Ok, was challenged by Alw, didnt want to spam his beloved p38 thread, so im posting here.
    So, here are some real planes! Simple by design , made for one purpose only ,
    no fancy instruments etc..:rolleyes:

lagg3 of course
    [​IMG]

la5
    [​IMG]

109g:)
    [​IMG]

this one looks nice even when crashed;)

[​IMG]

Oscar
    [​IMG]

fu Alw:D

2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

The last one I can't see. "Image Hosted by tripod"

3. boa

boa Well-Known Member

Mehhhh, its just some random ki43 pic. Fu tripod:D

4. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

I would like to actually sit in a Bf-109 just to see if I could move around in it. If I could move around in it, then I would very much like to fly it. For some reason, I just don't think I would have the luck needed to fit in a Messer. Canopy might get stuck around my shoulders, or would squish my cranium when I shut it. :(

The Fuck-a-wolf might be fun to fly. Not that I like wolves all that much, but to fly something that gave the allies such a run for it's money.

I guess I'm scared of the Yakovlev and Lavochkin because I fear that which I do not understand. I don't want to spend two minutes getting an oil pump primed before startup, and I don't want to push 15 fucking buttons and control craniums just to get takeoff power. That and I would have to take a serious pause to look at the design of the airframe up close before I could get comfortable with it. I felt the same way about the airframe of a C-152 at first, but I'm fairly, perhaps foolishly, confident with one of those now. Maybe the same can be done with Soviet Great Patriotic War fighters.

5. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

That 109 looks like a toy/model. Something just doesn't feel right about that photo.

Funny how the lagg looks kind of like a P-40 meets Spitfire....

La5... looks like fun. Of course remember what is meant when they say:

"butter pressure".

That would be so cool to go walking in the woods and find something like that Fw190....

If you worry about flying the Russian planes with all their strange controls,

read "The Big Show" (the great circus) by Closterman. his account of starting-up a Tempest is harrowing enough, in English!

6. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Well, because that 109 is sitting on a table and tires that look too rigid, and, it's from the website... http://hyperscale.com :)

I don't think the Russians were able to come up with much useable fighter aircraft design and used our planes which were donated/sold to them.

They did find German aircraft in past years that are being restored and completed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnex1tfGDqc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-VpSDxWTnI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_V7mY2ubVw&feature=fvwrel

7. boa

boa Well-Known Member

Toy or not , 109G is beautiful:p

Heard of any guy called Seversky:)?

Was my mistake not posting photo of F4F , as in my oppinion it was more important plane than P38, P51.To get to a point, early planes on allied side were inferior, simple, but had great spirit of freedom,patriotism and love for humanity. Later models like P51,La7,P38,P47,tempest were just in my oppinion bullies. They simply bullied whatever they could find. Thats why I prefer later 109s and 190s as they were mostly defending their own country.

That first vid is my fav one. Yeah , imagine that scenario, walking in the woods , finding that 190, I would get orgasm right on the spot!
    Just thinking of it makes me very spiritually aroused%)

8. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Yes, beautiful plane the 109, but that photo is a TOY plane and not a "real" plane....:D

F4F DEFINITELY an important plane. However if there were no F4Fs and the Japanese came to Hawaii or Midway or the Pacific Coast they would have met up with the P-38 sooner or later and the Japs would not have enough fuel for such an attack.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/lightning_P38.htm

Bully planes???? WTF? The 109 and 190 and Stuka over England, France, Poland, Hungary, Russia, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Czechoslovakia... what were THEY doing there?

The P51, P38, P47 were over France and Holland etc... removing the REAL bullies.

Remember those Russian planes ;La5, La7, etc..over Poland, Hungary,Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria, they stayed there after the war and so did the Russian "liberators" for about 50 years....

The Americans went home and left some of their planes there. Americans did not unbolt, cut down and take everything they could back to their homeland.. (well, except for a few German Nazi rocket scientists and atomic bomb scientists and a few super advanced aircraft... a few BASF/I.G. Farbin patents.... but then who didn't take some ? :D )

Anyway at least Americans had a classier style of pillaging and looting :D

OH Yes, "spiritually aroused" for SURE !!!! :@prayer:

9. boa

boa Well-Known Member

Inferior plane is the key here.Just expressing my fascination with inferior planes.;)

True, but I said "later" models...Its just my tendency towards losing side:)

LOL:D Dont get me wrong here , not my intention to discuss politics after ww2, its more about simple designs , poor equipment, inferiority , etc.
    Im more into what pilots could do with inferior equipment, but stronger will, than with fency airplanes:p
    (I prefer that black-white picture of lagg3 in the snow, than all those nice colors on Alw's photos))

10. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

11. boa

boa Well-Known Member

lol Alw:p

12. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

13. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Ahh....the sound of those Allison engines (General Motors).......the performance on a dead engine... (06:30 minutes into the video). Found this video on the net and didn't know he was performing on one engine for part of his demonstration. This is a longer version of one I've posted before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIGnDk5T6MU