A great Big <S>

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by bizerk, Oct 24, 2011.

1. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

A great Big <S>

To the fucking assholes that screwed up some planes handling!!! Guess we are back to instant stalls with no chance to pull out of them. go to make a basic manuever and instant spin! Go Fuck yourself!!!!!!!!!!

2. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Re: A great Big <S>

I remember those days, when I first started to play, I got an invite to join RCAF 302 sq.

I noticed when I flew the 190 and pulled back on the stick too much in any sort of a climb, the plane would stall, go nose down into an uncontrollable spin, all the way down thousands of feet and crash. Very annoying. Same story with other planes.

Funny I was just about to reinstall this damn game again.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  3. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

In this, the latest incarnation of the FH, I noticed the planes behave as if they flying on planet Neptune... or under water.
    I bet it is a software compromise between insta-stall and sluggish. I think that is becuase of old network-lag caused issues. I don't think there is solution.
    Recall all the cursing whenever Snoopy planes flicked about like thrown playing cards, so it was maddening for opponents to anticipate lead?

4. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Can also Tempest when full throttle rotates uncontrolably or wings shake when on auto pilot up to speed violently! I have died atleast 5 to 7 times from mishaps and bad Flight modelling then by actual pilots shooting me down. Fix this fucking shit!

5. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

What was wrong with 2.77?[rhetorical Q]
    it would be easy to just use it, right? There are no shareholders to abandon faith in the value of FH stock, right? We need not worry about taking a step back right? It wouldn't make the headlines and it wouldn't insult anyone, not even those who worked so hard to make the latest launcher, unless their pride is VERY misplaced.
    The fact of FHL any version is pretty cool.
    Please, have a vote, I don't want to start a thread, because no one gives a fuck about any poles I might start.
    ALW? Bzerk? Other geniuses?

START A POLL!!!!!!!!!!!:
    If I do there will be three votes, slightly better than ALL THE FUCKING WORK I HAVE DONE HELPING TO GET FHL TO WORK IN WIN7, 64bit &, None gave a fuck, I didn't get one thank you.
    Fuck you very much, everyone

6. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I do what I do to help and for my own pleasure if anything else. If I expected appreciation for all the things that those like yourself, myself, mumble, redant, boa, ect. do, it'd be disappointing no doubt. I got a few compliments and some from just their observation of software updates, new features, etc (new .ros command how many in air or in tower, corrected .pos command, .attach command back up in TA, war winning changed from 1 field left to 2 fields, .field command updated with minutes added, P-38 cockpit updated, superuser status to change alts in TA). I hung out in chat waiting for new people to show up for hours every night for weeks, training new guys or current users who needed more training, or those who were bored.

I would say less than 5% of those who fly in WBFH actually even glance at the forum. I stopped visiting the forum for quite a while because it was just garbage, and nothing WarBirds related. Between the topics about Anti-American, off-topics, odd-musics, mental topics, ranting topics, anti-establishment topics.....well.....most people who join the WBFH community really are NOT interested. I wish there was a forum moderator who could take this mess by the horns and move/delete 90% of this off-topic garbage, create an interactive topic area about WBFH/WWII aircraft and have interaction between Developers and Users. As it is right now, it takes either some kind of attacking or condescending remark towards a developer to get a response. Even then, we get sarcastic/belittling/condescending/obscure responses which just make me shake my head. I think to myself...."are these Russian developers INTENTIONALLY trying to kill this game???" We need some creative/friendly responses to problems we encounter.

I know this is a free game but, really, why am I even writing this post? Well, because right now there are 35+ users reading this forum discussion area. Probably being more entertained by the arguing, realizing that the game is dying due to many problems, gone over so many times. Imagine if we had 35+ users in the arena....what a concept.
    Why aren't they in the arena.....:rolleyes:

7. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

I have tried to be nice and ask for things to be fixed in a civil manner, but these new launchers are not doing it. I believe reverting back to 2.77 and wiping the slate clean and starting all over again isn't a bad idea. I was in a Hellcat and on more than a few occations it went into a unrecoverable stall, I tried the customary nose down opposite rudder fix that is used in real life as well but to no avail. This also happened to me last night in the Typhoon while myself and you (alw) were tangling with tholli. Out of nowhere crazy instant stall! I don't mind losing a fight to a good opponent and will give a salute where a salute is deserved but these stalls are FH induced and can and should be fixed or totally start over. I can usually handle a stall in a quick manner but these instant stalls are just like giving the other guy a free lunch. Sometimes ya gotta be nasty to get something to happen, because it is frustrating as hell when it happens!

On the work that you fellas have done as well as many others, well Thanks you, but sometimes there comes a time when it's best to just start all over. I remember some one... perhaps it was zembla that said When an adjustment is made to one plane another something goes bad with another plane. If this is true then revert back to another more popular version of FH or just go back to 2.76/77

8. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I've been told that before as well Bullet. It makes no logical sense. Changing what one particular aircraft does will NOT change settings for all other aircraft. I think it's just another way of saying: "Well, if we reduce stall ("make it worse", in understandable english) then all other aircraft must be changed so that particular aircraft isn't more prone to becoming a victim.

It's like saying...."if we have to put a handicap in Richard Petty's car, then Dale's car has to have the same handicap" I say, Heck no. TOTAL BS

People need to realize that not all aircraft have to have the same problem because one guy can kill everyone in his particular plane. Like a friend of mine would say, "suck it up, buttercup". Some pilots are killers, some are aces, some just never get the hang of it, some just don't care. Aircraft in WB NEED to represent what they were during WWII. Even saying aircraft have to have such and such combat reports is bordering on irrelevant.

They reduced performance on quite a few particular aircraft this last 1.69 release. I'm thinking they did this to see what aircraft suffered the most. The Hellcat and Typhoon/Tempest got hit REAL bad. P-38, improved some, and still having issues. It's like those aircraft were selected out.

I'm hoping they'll change them back to what they were before and, if someone has data to prove those aircraft performed in like they do now, we'll be headed in the right direction.
    :deal:

9. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Even 1.66 was a good version, no? You were flying during this version. :D

10. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I look at this in the FHL and see some hope things are in the works still. Except the (0) stuff.
    [​IMG]

11. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I didn't want money or gifts either, just a word. On the job, in real life, notice how crew works better and harder when their co-workers and supervisors are cheerful and gracious say thanks. yeah, version reversion might be asy to do and fun to try and a good base start for progression into an alternate time-stream [sci fi terms, haha].

[OT; the woman in my avatar pic is driving me crazy, ooh, I want her so bad, fuck]

12. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

oh thanks hez. forgot to tell ya that. A for effort. I just was kinda focused on getting the game working, and was going along with redants intructions or whoever he got the stuff from badmad or somethin. I have problems saying thanks to people who tell me to blow something up in ubuntu and then cut and paste the directory tree into my registry. Waaaaay too terrifying for me bud. :help:

13. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Fellas, glad to have you respond and all, but who is in charge of this game anymore? in charge of this website? Answers, real answers ? and not the old in 2 weeks crap either. I know I am not the only one who is pissed off at the flight models of these planes in this current edition of FHlauncher. Exec? Who is the owner of this game currently?

14. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

OK... O BIG THANKS FOR ALL YOUR WORK, HEZ AND ALW !!!!! :super: :super: :super:

However I am still stuck in Vista 32bit land and totally fucked.

Did all the Vista updates, turned-off all the anti-virus firewall shit and did the install as per instructions several times.. .and very sober....

It worked ONCE and then crashed and never worked again.

So until there is a real simple auto install for FBWB, I am out of the on-line flying game.

yes, it would be great to go back to the "good old days". but I do not think we really can.

So I drink to the glory... and to forget.....

:cheers:

15. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Having an off-topic sub-section to put all the old trash wouldn't be such a bad move.

There's off-topic and there's off-topic. Keeping threads strictly on-topic gets boring, but having a derailed forum where hardly anything meaningful is said anymore is the exact opposite of that.

Right now, the FreeHost forums don't really feel like a place where communication is encouraged.

-Z

16. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Should I install this game again or is it so crap now it's not worth it?
    This game used to be awesome. I remeber the time when there was no smoke when you fired your guns.....then they added smoke,, after that it seems every change sucked except for beaufighter.

17. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Okay, I guess that means I shouldn't install it.....like, how many pilots are in rgw arena these days? whats the average?

18. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

There are a number of pilots who show up in the arenas but, if nobody shows up and hangs around, then nobody logs in to fly. It's a vicious cycle. Need to have folks who are interested to just log in for a while if online and wait while.....checking emails/shopping/etc.

19. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Noticed the 2.77 Test arena for developers is gone now. Not sure what they did or what they intend to do or what they accomplished but, something is going to change/improve?

I'll hazard to guess they are going to make some changes, and not likely tell us either. :rolleyes:

20. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member