Where have all the Warbirds gone?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by flygod, May 25, 2012.

1. flygod

flygod Well-Known Member

What the heck? Is there a new server IP address I dont have?
    Or are all my fellow warbirds gone to the old bone yard?
    I login at all hours even weekends and all I see is 0 players!

Is FH a goner or am I on the wrong IP?

I hear those World of Warcraft nuts pay groups of chinese peasants to
    mine for gold for them for hours on end. I'm ready to pitch in some $ and have them fly here. For $20 I'm sure we can hire a family or two to play around the clock.

If anyone knows any WOW geeks that can connect me to a squad of chinese looking for work let me know. I want to do some air combat good grief!

Flygav

:confused:

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

our fault: oldies lazy, newcomers absent.

preparing some measures.

3. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Still some folks around, for sure. Certainly not as many as years ago. But it's alive and a great place to practice.

Check the score pages to get a feel for what's going on: http://wbscores.dvm-tour.ru/

Last night there was a truly weird, sociopathic, misanthropic -- if not malthusian -- dude who kept complaining how much of a rookie I was ;)

Sometimes those folks with Napolean complexes mistake lack of enthusiasm for lack of experience :) Skill is another matter, hehe :D

4. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Cotton-pickin' rookies.

I'll be back in the air there, sometime....when the snow is flying I think. :p

5. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

I really think this game could be great again.

IF:znaika:

1. flight models are good. (example: no more wild insane shaking of N1K1s when on autopilot, b24 does become epileptic on autoclimb, etc.)
    2. New website with easy to download and install with instructions, (must have all maps, cockpits in one file, etc)
    3. Remove all bugs.
    4. Make ground targets burn and smoke when destroyed, until they reup.
    5. get rid of retarded .attach command

Many other people have listed problems, bugs, etc.
    Fix them and then people will return, squads will form and come back, we will see 60 people playing again.

6. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Mac, I agree with you that some things need to change (I don't like attach, etc.). But there's enough in this game to make it worthwhile without changes!

My opinion is that people are missing the big picture: there is much more good than bad.

And numbers count. Imagine enough serious players for a few hours each weekend. To borrow the campaign slogan from a certain gringo, well-known, possibly discredited politician: "Si, se puede."

Myself, I think that there is less interest in historical aviation these days. Perhaps interest in WW2 stuff is mostly among older people...

7. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

which are?..

nice, but not necessary.
    all targets already 100% defined in position and you can bomb them with eyes closed.
    and a clearly visible black flag over dead target is... arguable.

man, attach has been changed months ago.
    http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39664

8. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

Let's come play WarThunder!

9. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

1. Borrowed settings from the typhoon and/or meteor?
    2. Website under construction yet I imagine. Most of the install process is worked out from those who are willing to spend the time to work it out.
    3. I'm also annoyed by bugs that never existed and show up with new releases, and then disappear. I've lost track of and forgotten what all bugs there were and are now. I made several lists many times. Exec and the devs don't have to fix everything we demand or suggest, but, it is nice to see constructive dialogue with developers in order to come up with reasonable solutions.
    Note: Would be nice to have a sticky topic that exec or another developer/moderator can open with a list of bugs that have come up, their status, links to other topics, etc. This would be one of those topics we can't post to so it doesn't get messy and off-topic.

Something like this:

WarBirds FreeHost Bugs list as reported by users.
    Last update: 6/25/2012

1. F6F3 spin:
    Status: Being analyzed/tested/researched by bullet, -exec-, mcloud, mumble, biles, etc.
    Discussions: Link Link Link
    2. 109K4 compression:
    Status: Being analyzed/tested/researched by -boa--, -gil--, mumble, jochen
    Discussions: Link Link Link Link Link
    3. B-25 Climbing issues:
    Status: Being analyzed/tested/researched by mcloud, -alw--, -exec-, -al---
    Discussions: Link
    4. P-38F stability:
    Status: Being analyzed/tested/researched by -alw--, antred, rickoo, mumble, -boa--, scooby, etc
    Discussions: Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link
    5. Typhoon top speed

4. Sounds like a good idea. Shouldn't be difficult to implement to me. anything that makes the game/simulator more enjoyable is good, not things that make it more frustrating.
    5. .attach command.....a very mis-understood feature. Not sure what you mean by "retarded .attach command" but, I suggested to have the .attach command enabled under certain circumstances which would not effect normal operation. The .attach option is very useful in my view and to others. I could go into great lengths as to the usefulness of the feature, similar to other features like air starts or smoke trails in the "Test Arena" (Training Arena). When I was on last and .attach command was enabled once again, I was very impressed with it's new features and improvements. Much thought was put into making it very useful and not something that would effect anyone else adversely as it did before. .attach was much improved GREATLY this time by making it more feature rich. kudos to the developers for working hard on that one!

Getting rid of it? I strongly disagree. There isn't a valid enough reason to disable it. There are worse things that need to be addressed.

10. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

"I don't like"? Come on now. :nono:

That partially hits the reason. More like there are less and less people interested in the mechanics of aerodynamics/ammo/acceleration/combat uses/weights/lengths/horsepower/wind drag, etc.
    I would say 98% of us just want to jump into the cockpit, take off, blow something up, and have fun with something other than AI and pre-planned missions. There was a day when WBFH was fun because 98% of the aircraft were easily flyable, you could easily blow something up, and land again reasonably. I was more concerned with, and usually am more concerned with trying to surviving difficult odds. Back when I started in 2001, it was a focus on which squad to join, and who would let you in, and then flying in squads with teamwork/comradery. Now......ugh. Where do we start. Well, I know where it started, same place it started with Air Warrior. Modeling. 800+ users down to 0 users in a matter of months. Stick with what works.

11. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Sorry dude but, your rock didn't land in the pond, and no link even.

And your sig link http://www.warbirds.pl/ is broken, or are you selling stuff now? Show us what you're made of. Your group over there probably couldn't handle our modeling anyway after flying in that arcade thing you're in. :duel: :deal: :turret: