Need an assistance for translating new fh site

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -exec-, Nov 10, 2010.

1. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

uhm... just before the propeller, "190" has a safe zone.

2. tazman88

tazman88 Well-Known Member

It is true that just in front of the propeller the projectiles travel a negligible distance towards one another and that the convergence setting becomes irrelevant. In this case they become approximately forward firing

Would he want to get that close? Could he get that close in the game without risking overshoot or collision? Maybe

A very experienced pilot that has excellent guesswork and throttle control could probably do it. My projection is that most begin shooting <d6 and by d.5 the foe is dead. If not the pilot usually throttles down or yoyo's to reduce risk of overshoot/collision

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  3. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Hey man. Saw it but haven't had enough time to look through it and all of the recent posts yet :cheers:

4. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

All this information is really too much for basic tactics. Just the basics of aerodynamics and gunnery.

Your explanation sounds more like a preference as opposed to some of the experience I've had with gunnery here in WBFH. I've found nose mounted guns much more effective than any wing mounted gun configuration. Wing mounted guns are good for spraying. The reason is obvious, really. When setting a deflection in wing mounted guns, you're restricted to a small space where you can accurately hit something. Your picture illustrates that plainly. That's why I've disturbed some people by hitting them from D8 with 50 cals. And I set my convergence in nose mounted guns to 999. I don't have to wait to get close enough to hit something at D3. Although, up close wing mounted guns are nice for deflection spraying. Regarding 30mm, I don't see those slugs being more effective at further distances.

The only reason they put guns in the wings of aircraft was because of the design complications of having propeller blades in the way. Bullets don't treat propellers very well. But, this discussion is really for a completely separate topic discussion so, I won't go into greater length.

Any other suggestions for the webpage documentation?

5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

memorable screenshots. MOAR

6. tazman88

Here is the updated Air combat tips file. Like I said, I am also going to do one for bombing, capping, and maybe jeep defense

Attached Files:

7. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

dive bombing and torpedo aiming? :shuffle:

8. tazman88

Good idea! I will include dive bombing and torpedoing into the buffing tips file

9. flygod

flygod Well-Known Member

Launch "Operation Phoenix"

I agree, all that nitti gritty is good for when WE HAVE A ROSTER!
    I say throw it up there with a big button Download Here Now! free for limited time.

And then next we all go to the new smash sensation air combat game War Thunder http://warthunder.com/
    and download that new bata and get in forums etc. (these poor bastards, spent a ton of $. and it sucks. Great videos but game play is bad just like all the rest.)
    When I logged on there was thousands of people online, I’m not kidding thousands. (did great promoting, too bad the game sucks) we all need to get in there and spread the word about WBFH.

We all need to because I'm sure once you do you will be banned etc. We can pull some people over and fill up the arena once again.

....oh to return to the old days, A Saturday full of killing and secret attacks etc. Settling grudges or targeting your enemies. Remember exela? He kept me coming back lol.

It won’t take long to get the word out I’m sure. We don’t really have any competition, as far as air combat sims, none come close to WBs we all know.

Get the page up with the new installer package exe. and we can start promoting FH.

"Operation Phoenix" (The Phoenix has long been presented as a symbol of rebirth, immortality, and renewal.)

flygav (flygda etc)

10. tazman88

Re: Launch "Operation Phoenix"

That rps looks good hahah
    Maybe we also model a few of those.

11. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Wow, that would be interesting, to see 20, 30 or, a shocking number of over 100 people logged into the server. How many users can WBFH handle? exec/archer ??

I very well remember -xela- (not exela). A very competitive opponent. We used to chase each other across the large Mediterranean map, in the lower SW. And usually we were climbing to altitudes exceeding 30,000ft. Him running from my P-38 in his 190. Those were the days. :alc: :duel: :turret: I remember the low alt battles with pirado/-herz-/haupt in his 109 vs my P-38.

We'll have a new crowd of .mikado, pirado, -jesus, -oklok, Bullet, olglry, thug, exec, rgreat, gil, flk, --rc--, -mart-, badgr-, gsiba-, spaceb, -broz-, nicaee, raven-, -herz-, beunau, donut-, airpup, marazm, and ones I'll never forget....pietas, -xela- ! Unless they decide to come visit again! Or maybe they are too old and blurry eyed and weak hearted. :joystick: :D

12. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Tazman, I uploaded your tactics text to the repo, so now the admins just need to push it to the site.

13. Flk

Flk Well-Known Member

Done.

14. tazman88

Cool, thanks. I am currently producing the bombing tactics file. When it is finished, I will upload that as well

15. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Thanks, sir!

16. tazman88

Here is the level bombing tips text file. Let me know if you guys notice anything missing

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  17. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Some vocabulary errors I fixed, in red

0) Vocabulary
    buff- bomber

ack-anti aircraft artillery guns on either a land or sea target

final approach- the last direction that the bomber is traveling just before the first wave of bomb release. It is usually on this approach when the first target or targets are aligned for the bombing run.

N-North
    NE-Northeast
    E-East
    SE-Southeast
    S-South
    SW-Southwest
    W-West
    NW-Northwest

1) Planning
    A buff pilot must have a genuine plan for a flight. Although a flight in any aircraft requires planning, for buffs this is particularly the case because of their vulnerability and general low rate of climb. Generally a pilot wants to plan the flight such that before the buff is within radar range of the field it has already reached its planned height and is ready to release payload. Thus direct flights to enemy airfields that have been untouched by previous bombing and have working radar are not advisable. Another reason why this is the case is that airfields are laid out in such a way that makes bombing much more efficiently executed in a particular direction format. For example, small fields only have one runway and all of the important buildings as well as defending ack are laid out along either side of this runway. If the runway runs NW to SE, it would not be efficient to start your final approach NE of the field.

2) Altitude
    A buff must fly at a certain minimum altitude to be safe from ack. This altitude usually varies from 8000 feet to as high as 24000 feet. The FH arena has an interesting feature when it comes to radar detection. The radar has a maximum detection altitude of 12000ft (4km), above which all planes have no radar signature. For bombers, this is especially useful so that raids can be carried out with maximum surprise. When climbing above the maximum radar detection height is not an option, another choice is the usage of ECM if the plane possesses them. ECM stands for electronic counter measure. Essentially it masks the plane's true position in the skies.

3)Bombs away!
    As you approach the enemy field, you need to do a few things: First, make sure that your plane is set on "autotrim-on-level". The default key for this is [X]. Your plane is in autotrim-on-level mode if you see that a blue light is illuminated in your cockpit view. Second, set your throttle to 60%~70%. Next switch to bombadier view. The default key for this is [Y]. Once in this view, press your "back view" button. If you use the number pad to change your views, then number pad[2] does this. For those that are using joysticks with hats, simply pull the hat back with your thumb. This brings you to the bomb-sight view.

The bombsight view displays where the bombs will be when they strike the ground. But it only does this accurately if the plane has been flying straight and level for a sufficient amount of time. How much time? There is a scale visible in a corner of the bomb-sight view above which is inscribed "bomb-sight deviation". The needle of this scale must be centered after which a green light will illuminate in the bomb-sight view that indicates that the plane is ready to accurately drop bombs. You can still destroy targets with the needle not perfectly in the center so if you find that the plane is not perfectly aligned to a target feel free to adjust, but the farther the needle drifts from the center, the less accurate your bombing will be.

4)Targets
    The general order for destroying targets should be as follows.

1-radar
    2-ack (beginning with the most heavy duty ack guns)
    3-all other targets other than hangars and armory
    4-Hangars and armory
    5-Enemy jeeps

Ideally, the first target to be destroyed on the enemy airfield should be the radar The enemy can still hear your bombs explode but at least you will not show up on the radar. This also is important in the case where your bomber is shot down almost immediately as it arrives at the enemy airfield. When this happens other players or even you will be able to return to the enemy field without fear of radar detection. For medium and larger sized fields, the radar is in the center of the field. Its fine if, instead of being the first target, the radar is destroyed in the first pass over the field. When your bombs destroy their targets, the radio bar displays a message to you that shows the amount of time it will take before the target is repaired. If enemy jeeps appear, kill them AFTER the field has been closed.

Do NOT bomb the tower! Once the tower is destroyed, the field cannot be captured until it is rebuilt.

5)Post-close
    After all the targets on the field are destroyed, the field is closed. Whether or not you have bombs remaining it is always a good idea for the bomber to descend to around 5000ft and wait for the field to be captured. If an enemy shows up looking for your troop aircraft, you need to lure him away from the field by acting as bait or even shoot him down using your automatic gunners so that a team mate can capture the field.

I'm thinking we should include additional information:

Refer to maps that can be printed out for reference so folks can articulate the best approach, allowing them to drop the most bombs in one pass. There are Glars maps which were created to identify each item on a field by letter/number so fellow team mates coming in for their approach will know which area to skip. Also, indicate what is meant by a location bearing that is commonly used in the arenas, like: 6.3.5.6

I suppose we can put up pictures inside some of this text as well for illustration. :D

18. tazman88

Yeah images are a good idea. Here is the updated file.

Attached Files:

19. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

And a person can send this information to anyone else with an added entry such as:

".pos 110" which will transmit to that radio channel. Or, you can choose to enter a player's screen name ".pos -exec-" for example. Just a standard ".pos" only transmits to your country channel.

20. tazman88

Ok here is the updated file

Attached Files: