What are we going to do?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by flygod, Apr 17, 2013.

1. flygod

flygod Well-Known Member

To the few of us that are still here, as you all know our members are at an all-time low. How are we going to revive FH? Anyone have any ideas?

Can someone edit the FreeHost News page and add a link to download the new executable installer? So I can direct people to it so they can easily install the program?

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

3. gollum

gollum Member

We have to ease the steep learning curve.
    We have to make it possible for beginners to enter action without having to to fly for 10 minuter first( if lucky ). Today it is almost impossible to find any action with cons. Or if you do you are shot down by a veteran i 10 s and had to restart from scratch.
    Maybe we can have "newbe nights" with full icon range once or or twice a week. On these evenings maybe we can ask wets to restrain themself an insted act as tutors.

And for vets. Agree on one or two a week for action. As it is now ppl checks if there is any other flying. finds zero and don't bother. By concentrating to a lower number of evenings / week will increase chances for action in the selected evenings.

Some information about the low demands on the hardware needed, specially if u using 2D . I am using a dictated system for WB/FH. And old 1 Ghz system. Not used for anything else. ( In the basement away from the rest of the family ).

4. flygod

flygod Well-Known Member

I think everyone agrees with all that. Once we have some people playing. I'm thinking we need some SEO. If you google air combat sims https://www.google.com/#safe=off&hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=air+combat+flight+simulator+games&oq=air+combat+flight+&gs_l=hp.1.3.0l4.1571.13775.0.17138.18.14.0.4.4.0.170.1452.8j6.14.0...0.0...1c.1.11.psy-ab.gJVixYp8X18&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45580626,d.b2I&fp=d0348432f5f69005&biw=1385&bih=860

we should show up on here, we need to start posting on these sites where ever we can with WBFH and the link to FH (the setup.exe). And get some traffic over here.

5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

correct. that's why we must fill the site.

6. flygod

flygod Well-Known Member

I propose publishing a simple one page or two landing page with the download button, graphics, a video, some general information, and links to wbfree.net for the time being. So we can start SEO and directing traffic to the site. And add pages as they are completed, in lieu of waiting until a complete site is completed.

In my years of working in web development I’ve found this process can go on forever as a site is never completed.

Also is it possible to spawn some AI in the MA until times are better? It is so disheartening to log in to an empty arena. There is not telling how many people log in and see an empty arena and log off, in a day. If there were some drones flying around I would log on to shoot at them for a little while and see if anyone else logs on?

7. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Well... I don't know how impossible or cost effective it would be:

If there were a system to permit "easy flight" for new registered users, based on new nick/call sign.

Each new account could have a certain number of relaxed parameters sorties and as they log more time the flights become more realistic...

That might be an incentive. Also the new people should call all their friends to sign-up too...

Main thing is to get the word out to more people. Totally free online games are so rare these days there should be a crowd every night/day from around the world.

A strange thing happened a few days ago. I met this radio control plane guy. We talked about flying real planes and having logged hours on various professional flight simulators and real planes. Then the subject came about the online flight sim games. He had logged almost 60 hours of TRAINING with friends on the Il-2 game. "You buy the game and the online is free and there were people to help me, we got a squad together.. etc."

I brought-up my experiences of Aces High and Free Host WB, I told him ALL about it: FREE DOWNLOAD - FREE UNLIMITED ONLINE GAMING.

For some reason he was not impressed at all. He expressed no interest to even go see what I was talking about. I was kind of surprised that his reaction was so apathetic.

IL-2 burn-out maybe?

:dunno:

8. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I've actually thought of going to those other youtube videos and posting smack talk where there are multiple comments. Tell them how they're doing things wrong, tell them they wouldn't be able to handle WBFH, etc. Razz em up. :director: :dark: :duel:

9. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

So, is it possible to create an offline type arena, available ONLINE so multiple users can log on and shoot down computer operated opponents.

If not, how about just a VERY relaxed setting like the offline version so new sticks can learn.

10. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

it would require programming of bots, an amount of work. which is not yet defined, whether bots will circulate or evade or fight.

may be better invest our efforts to the site? or to other ways?

11. tazman88

tazman88 Well-Known Member

I have been focusing on talking to those around me and trying to get them to give FH a shot. I tried to get a friend of mine to try FH but he was so evasive about it, never picking up my phone calls and such :mad:. I wont hold it against him though:D. I will try someone else soon. If everyone can focus on bringing just ONE new regular player, what a difference that would make.

Flygod mentioned the civil air patrol chapter in his town. That sounded like a pretty good idea to me. Have you tried that yet fly? One of the most appealing parts of this is that it appeals to younger gamers, some of which are charismatic with big mouths and will certainly get their friends to try the game.

12. tazman88

tazman88 Well-Known Member

Are we still working on the web site? None of the tracks from the youtube channel are there.

13. isaev

isaev Well-Known Member

Btw, changing date and launcher link at old page taking few minutes.
    Can't get why it still old.

14. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

i will inform flk that a bunch of tracks is ready to be on site.

15. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Seeing dates of latest updates ending in 2009 makes it look like things are dead. :rolleyes:

16. flygod

flygod Well-Known Member

For some reason he was not impressed at all. He expressed no interest to even go see what I was talking about. I was kind of surprised that his reaction was so apathetic.

IL-2 burn-out maybe?

:dunno:[/QUOTE]

The free issue; this could a problem, the word "free" has negitive meaning now thanks to web. Maybe a special user code you can pay as my guest for free? Then have webpage $89.00 download without promo code. Some people buy Norton AV just because it $100. you cant tell them different.

17. flygod

flygod Well-Known Member

Ok let me know details, then I'll post

"Oh you dont want to go to that FH, those guy are hardcore fighter pilots. They hand your ass back to ya, you no enjoy that. I'd stay at IL2 if I you, you'll stop turning on your computer after they done with ya. But try if you think your ready, I warned ya, good luck.

18. flygod

flygod Well-Known Member

They are about to start training them to fly, so they getting pc setup for sim first. I plan on getting WB on it also, so they can have some fun too. My son said most of the kids dont have fricking computers. But im in Texas too, they pretty backwoods here. My son had his own pc when he was 2 1/2 yrs. I tell parents to give that old pc to your kids? They like "Oh I dont know". I guess they'll be working for my son when it time for real world and they dont know how to operate a computer machine. Its squidbillie country out here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9GDAxvUcCI

19. flygod

flygod Well-Known Member

I'm working on a simple one page landing page with just a bunch of bloody,fire burning dogfight graphics and videos. And a download button and links back to FH. Just to give to people, simplisty is still in style for a lot of people. Once they get hooked, like the pusher man "first one free" then they can get all into it. That is if ALW is not to hard on them, "Ya I tryed it, it was too hard." I noticed a lot of people are like that. They not compulsive oppsesive like us. You guys pissed me off so bad I kept coming back... MF'ers. So if we do get a new guy on, help him out. Give him some pointers...then we can toy with him lol. You know the ones that are left here, are no slouches. And dont make very many mistakes, "Oh he must afk, finaly!" lol.

20. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Hahah :) Something like that.