Send Your Best Tracks

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by tazman88, Feb 26, 2013.

1. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

What, what you tryin' to say? :-D

Yeah, that's all mine. Youtube only allows up to 500 characters so, I had to post in segments. %)

2. tazman88

tazman88 Well-Known Member

haha ohh

3. tazman88

These videos are good, keep em coming guys:cool:

Alls we need now is to put them on the new FH webpage

4. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was going to mention something about that. Need these films linked on the website! :dark:

5. boa

boa Well-Known Member

Tazman, this track is bullshit.
    Jessej had fight like this one , but it happened long time ago when f6f was one of the worst planes to fly . This track looks like that one, except fight happened between F6F and 109 g2r6.
    You can clearly see at the start of track that its name is "109g2r6" and not Do217. You clearly manipulated with arena settings to change plane name into distance only, and the bug with not showing real plane is known to happen while playing tracks. So, this fight is actually 109 g2r6 (old one) while it had external guns visible, against old F6F. I can prove it , I have that track, I just don't have time now to find it , but I will do that later. There is also a thread on this forum where I have posted that track like 4 years ago.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  6. boa

boa Well-Known Member

just delete txt extension

Attached Files:

7. tazman88

I manipulated nothing. I took a track that I was given, recorded it, and uploaded it to youtube. The reason I set the name on youtube to do17 is because that is what it said in the game when I played the track. You can even see from the picture below.

[​IMG]

This shot was taken at 00:16s. It is a bit hazy as pilot was blacking out when it was taken, but that is besides the point. Is this a G model 109? It is clearly a twin engine bomber. It looks like a 110 or ju88 and the do217 in FH uses the ju88 3D model.

8. boa

boa Well-Known Member

Tazman, start your youtube video and you will see the name of the track.
    Put it on Hd 720.
    It is 109 G2r6 older version, when it had guns under each wing.
    It looks like buff because of some bug in fh tracks .
    I said you manipulated because there is only distance shown in the track and not the plane name...as you probably know, when you play whatever track you have, you can change settings the same way as in arena, so it can be 109, it can be distance, it can be player name etc.

9. tazman88

Oh so there is a bug? I stand corrected then.
    There is a problem though. I can rename it to 109g2r6 but it clearly looks like a buff. I will probably just delete it.

This does not go without saying that if you take but a cursory glance at most of the videos on the channel, you will see that I usually set the icons to range only. That is my preferred setting in flight, it has nothing to do with attempts to mask anything anything.

10. tazman88

[​IMG]
    So the bug even displays the wrong name of aircraft in the icon? This is from the track that you uploaded

11. boa

boa Well-Known Member

Try to use older version of fh launcher for playing tracks, I am using version 1.67. There was no Do217 back then.
    109 g2r6 used to have guns under each wing, then devs changed all r6 109 variants due to some bugs they found. Now, 109 r6 models visually carry bomb, and guns under wing you can't see. So, probably launcher you use has some problems with loading correct model of plane , so you see buffs instead of bugged planes.

12. boa

boa Well-Known Member

I have to say there are many reasons to be careful when choosing which tracks to upload , some planes are totally different now, so viewers could take wrong impressions. For example , F6f and dora have totally new and great elevators now, there is also fuel load one can't see in tracks etc etc.
    Many things tracks don't show.
    Zeybek is using rudder a lot in that track, Jessej is known to fly only with mouse..... Think about it.
    I am sure guys will send you their best flights, but that will prolly be like
    they had 30% of fuel while others had 70% and no one will know the difference.

13. tazman88

Duly noted, I will now remove the video from the channel.

As for the issue of cockpit detail such as fuel load, pilots can record directly with fraps instead of the FH recording feature. This creates an issue of a suitable means by which the resulting AVI file can transferred to me as fraps can very easily output files almost 1 Gig in size. Hopefully the bugs get fixed sooner rather than later. In the meantime, I think fuel load is a small price to pay compared to the additional interest that the videos could generate. We might even get more developers out of this hahah

14. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I was wondering why I didn't see plane detail icons. I only fly in default mode, with plane icon and distance. It would be quite difficult to determine how to approach a fight, not knowing what plane type you're combating.

15. tazman88

Yeah, I like to fly by seat of my pants :fly2:

doesn't always turn out so great though haha

16. tazman88

17. flygod

flygod Well-Known Member

Dam Boa, you must be an accountant or a programmer or something (clearly have been a wbs too long lol). Most people brains that capacity for such detail. Hell I can’t remember what I had for lunch, lol. So I wouldn’t sweat it. :cheers:

I cant upload I just get that error, I guess file size too big?

Try this link
    http://www.cleburnecomputer.com/wb/

18. tazman88

That web site looks pretty good! Did you record that with fraps? What sound effect package are you using? I have never hear those sounds before

19. tazman88

I think I am going to start advertising with your site since the official new FH site is being seemingly neglected mid way through construction

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  20. zeybek

zeybek Well-Known Member

Orginal msg here. Hi my old friend Boa S! :)

http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35337