For the crazy kids who play guitar :)

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Uncles, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Re: 2015 VH Tour ;)

Doctor Hez,

You're right about the bad recording qualities, of course! Remember, I was worried about electrostatic speakers and Nakamichi Dragon tape decks back in the day (i.e., 1975 through 1985).

But one grows old. And I'm old ;)

My old ears are more interested in the sophistication of the music more than the sound quality. And the sentimentality: I got to high school in a Chevy Nova with Cragar mag wheels, an 8-track deck playing VH1 and Aerosmith :)

Sat in many weekend parking lots in old Camaros listening to old The Who tapes. (https://youtu.be/g_SWP3qI7Rg) Ah, youth :cheers:

Do you remember quaaludes? Rorer 714?

2. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Re: 2015 VH Tour ;)

Never did Ludes. And since my days with Hay Fever, I got really sensitive to Ephedra based drugs [see Amphetamines, below, so they, later, as a young adult, didn't turn me on]
    BUT.
    [Ramble tamble]
    When I was young.... Our crowd was divided into sub-crowds, there were, among many sub-crowds, pot-heads, acid-heads and pill poppers and, oh, others too, uh, speed freaks, coke heads some things never change only they get re-branded after the patent expires fuck.
    I wasn't a pill popper, but I bit a few tabs of acid, which is really, the same thing, only no pill wrapped around the drug. I found then and I still find [well, no, I don't eat any pills now-a-days] uh, I have found the stuff the pharma guys buff those pills with is worse than the dope in em. Uh, wasn't _ludes_ just, uh, _downer?_ Uh reds with a brand name? Uh Pharma recooking of the saame shit over and over again?
    [four pillars of the Pill Pharma = Amphetamine, codeine cocaine and, yup, caffeine (Nitrogen radical, binds with lots of stuff, so easy to recook another patent every five years for the same shit, like cake) ].
    Uh.
    Aside from pharma drugs, which medicine men prescribed back in the day, after I went mental [she left and took the boy and I got sick, and never got better either, the pill pharma is no good, it doesn't cure anything... uh, yeah, uh, the pill pharma drugs are really nasty, think an acid flashback only you never know it is a flashback....... it is permanent.
    Ludes et al.

I ate acid so many times I cannot remember, was far more than ten and probably less than a hundred acid trips, but never not even close, as nasty was acid as the Pill Pharma drugs HOLY SHIT.
    Oh, I know, reds are not as nasty as blues, they say.

https://youtu.be/bGpE2oXf0aE

I am free associating right now [I found a fat roach on a park bench at the park, during my morning walk.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  3. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

I like beer.
    And music.

Had a few beers last night as a drink before food, to food and after in the evening I sat at my desk in the basement, listening to music and reading some news and stuff. Started with Nightmare (Japanese band, made opening theme to Death Note which is some crazy animated series about a notebook that kills people if you write their names in it. Also some demons.) went to Anthrax, short detour to Joe Jackson, some more Anthrax, Suicidal Tendencies, Dead Kennedy's, Misfits, Metallica, Megadeath... Manowar, ... apparently got stuck on 'M' for some reason... Budgie, Focus -- (Rowan Atkinson's invisible drum kit as well as THIS GUY) -- aaaand Ended with Toy Dolls. Then I had to go to sleep as it was 3:15 am, how ever that happened.

Just went thru "Dark side of the moon" tonight. No beer though.

4. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Sir, we all need to meet at your place some day :) I gotta admit, Joe Jackson was a good musician. And Budgie, the Siouxie drummer?

Great to hear from you, Reuben!

5. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Play this when you meet.

https://youtu.be/A9GSfB4-hOQ

6. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member