curved gorilla cocks and Darwin's descent with modification-a scholarly dissertation

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by Mcloud, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

sorry wrong forum.

2. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Re: curved gorilla cocks and Darwin's descent with modification-a scholarly dissertat

LOL :D

3. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Re: curved gorilla cocks and Darwin's descent with modification-a scholarly dissertat

LOL[​IMG]

4. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

5. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

6. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

So I guess no one wants to add anything?

7. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

well.... I had thought that pretty much covered the subject back then..

Where has Mr. Thermate man gone?

8. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Today I spent Thanksgiving, the American holiday, around Fort Bragg, North Carolina. It would be fun to see you debate our guys :)

looseleaf likes this.
  9. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

[​IMG] "North Carolina, here we come!"

[​IMG]

looseleaf likes this.
  10. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

11. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Gonna update this thread one day, just bear with me fellas.

12. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Someday a team of internet archaeologists will find a meandering line of gorilla cock topics connecting all the web forums and will draw some very interesting insights from it.

looseleaf likes this.
  13. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Canucks at their best!
    LOL!
    Good one mate!

Can't wait for the update.

14. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

And today there was some sort of beastly Canuck/Canadian holiday, so those from the Great White North (TM) were feeling their oats and whiskey. Must be a carbohydrate high of some sort! It's well known that no healthful vegetables grow north of the USA border, so they're deprived of nutrition and mental health. They've got naught but alcohol and a desire to migrate south. Same as the Scots in Great Britain; they all wannta go south to warm themselves up and plunder the wealth of the prosperous folk!

(Wow, can't believe that I wrote that :) All in good fun...

15. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

I actually wanted to go to Canada on holidays last year, but your prices were a bit of a cold shower :)
    CAD 10k+ to rent a RV for a month (to roam a bit here, a bit there)? Madness :)
    Including flights, other accommodation, insurance, food and drink... easily twice that.

16. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Fly to New York, rent a van or SUV and then just drive north. If you're a citizen of Poland, you may need a visa of some kind, but it is probably easy.

17. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Fuck no!
    I'm a citizen of one of the few EU countries (I guess Romanians and Bulgarians also have to) that are still required to get US Visa to travel there.
    With my current standing (married, homeowner, father of two, owner of a micro-enterprise) I'd probably get a US visa without any problems.
    But I don't want to.
    I don't wish to get humiliated by some bloke from the embassy.
    They now require you to provide details of not only your financial and family situation, but also... details of your social media accounts.
    And the best part is - even if you get a visa, they can still fuck you off at customs, where you arrive.
    That's insane.

So the option I've checked was to fly to Toronto (of course Canadians are sane, so I just need my passport to do so), make that small leap to Niagara Falls, and then rent a RV and go west, till I reach the Pacific.
    All costs included (for a family of 4) it was too expensive.

Maybe one day, when "the attachments" become independent.
    Or the Yanks will finally be sane.
    Forget the other option ;)

18. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

To be honest, I even wonder that you're part of the Schengen Area :D

I'm a Romanian and a lot of people here complain that we're out of it. But given the high level of corruption, it's no wonder other countries don't trust your border guards, justice system, politicians and so on.

-Shai- likes this.
  19. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

The level of corruption is relatively low.
    Every few days the local newspapers here (I live in Lublin, some 80 kms from the Ukrainian border) report about Ukrainians who tried to bribe border guards or police in an open way.
    Yes - there's still some bribery and corruption, but the scale of it dwindled dramatically over the last 30 years.
    And certainly there are only few who still accept small bribes.
    Bribery has advanced to the stage of our currently ruling party (same as in Hungary), but is not tolerated in the "lows".

Common crime rates are lower than in most EU countries (it is more likely to loose your car due to theft or robbery in Germany now, than it is in Poland - I pay less than 3% of my current car's value for fully comprehensive insurance!).

But that's not what the US Visa policy is about.
    It is about application rejection rates.

Poland (especially southern regions thereof) has a long tradition of US migration, dating back to the 19th century. Some of the damned idiots don't take "no" as an answer, and after being rejected they keep on applying (hoping for a miracle). Hence we have a high visa application rejection rate = no Visa-Free travel.

The Yanks were promising to change that ever since they were lead by that clit-licking, dope-smoking, sax-playing guy (why is it so rarely that they have a vivid, flesh&bone(r) president?, why do they tend to elect spineless show-offs?). But the Congress will not allow it.

Currently my Polish Passport allows me to travel to 172 countries worldwide, visa-free, so why should I travel to one of the few that does require me to apply for visa?

20. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

For a tourist visa? My girlfriend had to suffer through a one-hour interview with a bureaucrat at the US consulate in her city, and she holds advanced university degrees (as do you, I know). It is easier for me to visit her in her country, which is expensive for me.

BTW, Niagara Falls isn't so great. Especially when one considers that the volume of water going over is so severely diminished now compared to what it was originally, before power plants and other hydraulic diversions.