Combat Report - 01 May 1945

Discussion in 'I/JG54 Grunherz' started by manoce, May 10, 2003.

1. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

Mission: Freie Jagd
    Pilots: heino, kearb
    Plane: FW 190A8
    Flight time: 35 min
    Claims: 8
    Losses: 0

Comments:
    keabr - F6F5, jak3, P47d, Tempest
    heino - Li2, p51d, jak3, jak3

Fine sortie with some minor troubles caused by our lack of discipline. 1st case - i saw dot long 12 lvl - and went after him and during the way li2 came under me - i attacked but that "dot" turned back showing his red color and at the same time p47 came from above. However cooperation was good and they were no aces what resulted in 2 abschusses. But after that we found ourselves far behind red front fields pretty low - but as it is said.. under the lamp is dark. 2nd case - kearb went furbaling against one yak at ground level. In spite of fact we were surrounded by couple of red dots, no problems occured.

Special comment - kearb risked his life to help fellow goldie who helped us a lot before - he turned against about 5 cons and survived. I hung nearby at some alt to cover his retreat but it was no need. Salud!

Last edited: May 10, 2003
  2. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

btw i killed the tempest in other stupid knifecombat :D :D sorry by to be intrpid :D

3. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

imho knifefights are not a problem at all - but it is very risky to do them near enemy field and with 5 cons in area

and they are great fun of course :)