MY 'Linux' is a Top-Of-The-Line PC.

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by hezzey, Aug 7, 2020.

1. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

FBI issues warning over Windows 7 end-of-life

Deleted the rest. Just BE WARE!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  2. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

My Arch Linux [Manjaro GNU/Linux OS] doesn't Phone Microsoft, or Apple.... I know it can.... I want to be completely divorced from the Yankee Hegemonies [I am aware they are like a Mythical Hydra]. I do not think I can do that....
    OH, if I started over again, maybe I could....
    If I have a bad tooth and I need it pulled out, I do not want to find and Old Woman in a tent and have her do it for me.... I know well I cannot last for long without Modern Science.......
    MS and Apple are hegemonies....
    I do not like them.... BUT what can I do about a bad tooth that needs to be pulled out???? Do it myself?????

3. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Some thingS I really like about GNU/Linux
    A well known bother of GNU/Linux is the lack of drivers...In Linux-land we either got used to waiting for a year or two before a hardware would work, drivers? Is that still called drivers???
    Anyway, there is lots of new stuff that just isn't gonna work unless you, the user, or a GodlIke Person [Root], I don't know any of those.... guys. I not expert, not a hacker. but am old timer. a competent Linux-User
    UM, If, say, a new keyboard, just outta the store...... or a sound-card..... If I have no drivers then what am I gonna do, Bake Em Myself?????
    HAHAHA.
    So, this PC is made of parts none-Younger than 6...., so old [and usable becuse linux does best with older hardware.... This is not a Donsaur PC it is more modern that that, but, this is what Linux does best......
    PC getting-old four core and 22 GHz [don't ask].
    Anyway. this is a thing made of hardware that Linux Does best. New n up=to-dte app stack and new system, up-to-date!!!
    As good as a last generation PC can get.......
    Everything is just fine. I don't have to wait for anything to run on it because I have drivers... Because I do have drivers.
    Up-To-Date GNU/Linux!!
    SO, I have a Poor-Man's Killer PC at Home PC.
    I cannot conpair my stuff with Mackintoshes. I know almost nothing about them. I have read lots......
    Anyway, I have this middle aged PC.
    My son, who knows everything, you know how they are eh??
    he cannot even turn this PC on....
    He says, My Dad Is A Linux Guy....
    And that is supposed to scare people away or something?
    I do not know anyone personally, I mean, neighbours n friends that even know how to turn those PC on...... What does it mean to push a power button anyway????
    HAHAHAHA.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/pDuxgiDERUa1khb8A