Official Off-Topic Flooding Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by Harpoon, Aug 15, 2004.

1. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

I totally agree :D

2. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Give us another one! :D

3. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

I was living, for a short period (~2 years) under the reign of Her Majesty Elly II a decade ago.
    Since I found that one, I can find vivid memories of my conversations with the hotline of my lecky provider - Scottish Power.
    Best bit for me?
    "Set your phasers to Malky"
    (version with subtitles for ya)

4. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I could not understand a fucking word. The canned Laughter was infuriating.
    Good try though.
    Turn the TV off. It will take a couple weeks to clear yer thinkin' after, but, once you do that you might find your head has much more room in it....
    Just saying....
    :mad:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  5. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I find it annoying when trying to be sarcastic, you shit-for-brains-Fag
    o_O

6. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

I did understand quite a lot, when watching it for the first time.
    Like "stop looking at my ass your pervert!"
    or "set phasers to Malky"

As far TV is considered I only watch shows on NatGeo or Discovery (but even those are gradually turning into crap) - once or twice a week.
    I go to movies (well, that'll be kind of complicated now, with all the new regulations concerning the new SARS outbreak), but that's it.
    BTW - just check out the newest "The Gentlemen" directed by Guy Ritchie - was the last non-Polish movie I went to see, and it was quite entertaining. Same, old school as "Snatch" or "Lock, stock and two smoking barrels" (and not the recent Sherlock crap). Not a movie to think about, but at least decent entertainment... at last.

7. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

The last BIG SHOW movie I paid to watch was, [Yes, I mostly remember it!] Something stupid and silly, it was about Some guys with pots and pans hanging from them, on them, and they were all clacking coconut shells together and were funny-walking and half of it was funny.
    Some of them were using expired chickens and pigs as artillery [projectiles].... Um, oh. wrong, the farm animal artillery was launched by the Bad Guys [NOT the main cast behind castle walls, from the ramparts?], I don't think they were Arabs or Nazis].

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  8. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  9. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

10. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I handed out a URL to about ten people and later have found out that none of them even looked at it for longer than two minutes.
    I saw this one, in the thingies below, is in MY TOP FIVE of all time.
    I have great fear that I am surrounded by fucking idiots and I have given-up on all of them.

11. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

BUMP!

12. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

When I was shot down 10/10 times in dogfights against some Modest Yank in a JU52 with one engine off...
    Each time that happened I was getting more and more angry.
    SO, what did I do to counter that? I mean, the Yank who could do that to me, what was he up to?
    [Deleted] SO, I quit and after a couple weeks of withdrawals I felt lots better.
    Around that time, Borat and his brother [cousin-wife?] were the only reasons I stayed using the forums, AND became a full time Linux User, so mostly didn't even try picking fights with Superman anymore.
    Perhaps, if we can even get this Sim to work, I will play again, then maybe not.
    BORAT, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?
    Towards The End of my WBs flyinh, I would fly next to him [her?] IF I could find him [her?]. Snoopy dive by ripping it's wings off and flying into the ground. Typing EYEEEEEEEEEEE into the Text Buffer thingie....After some time that was easy do do. sometimes fun, if I was high, or drunk, because I was looking at the text messages. Borat was crazy.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    looseleaf likes this.
  13. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Yes, I would get really really annoyed when some cheating vulching demented player would repeatedly kill me and laugh... and then finally I realized I didnt have to play HIS game, I should be playing my game. With the new attitude( and new joystick) I started playing again and I laughed every time i got shot down. Then all of a sudden I started to shoot him down with the good old snoopy plane!! It was most rewarding hearing him break-down calling me the cheater. Yes, there were a few anal retentive players here. They had nothing else going in the lives but this game.
    I sure wish we could have those days of 50, 100 players...

14. looseleaf

that was just sick... funny... but sick

15. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Often I would’ve gone buzzing around in a snoopy plane.
    Low and slow gets you dead in a snoopy Plane.
    I didn’t know how good I was with that plane. Or if was any good.
    Sometimes some hot shot would say hey that was a good fight and then I would say fuck you you fuck.
    Or maybe I wouldn’t say anything rude.
    Still being complemented with that was a good fight you’re pretty good....
    I just that was sportsman bullshit.
    It seems I didn’t really notice the times a newbie make the fucking mistake of coming down and messing with Biles in snoopy.
    Those 7.7 mm gun’s often times just made a light show and the guy would get away but if I had the right sportsmanship buttons in me I would’ve been delighted and maybe should have (snoopy playing in FH was easy. In real life it was a killer of VVS crew)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    looseleaf likes this.
  16. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

My favourite XPlane flight has for years now in a snoopy.
    When using that plane I have the thing on alien realism. Holy shit realism.
    Hi I am using voice to text and don’t want to get details in here it drives me nuts using voice to text.
    Suffice to say that I cannot imagine using a snoopy Plane in real life like those poor Commies had to against the Nazis. Never mind against imperial Japan I don’t want to talk about that.
    Snoopy plane is a fucking killer of snoopy pilots

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  17. looseleaf

We cannot possibly compare what we play in FH to anything what happened in real life. I've read enough books of pilots' accounts and was fortunate enough to speak with some pilots that flew combat in the Pacific and Europe and elsewhere... of the ones that came back and could talk about it... no one would ever consider doing it again. Many of them never got into another aircraft for the rest of their lives, refusing even to travel for vacation!

The one story that was told to me by the son of a B24 pilot/instructor/flight leader 55 missions from England. He and the wife went back to England and the Continent in the late 50's.
    One day during their stay in England they realized they were near the old airstrip he had flown from many times. They had a driver and car hire, so the driver said they could go over to see the base as it was open and out of use. Driving around the few buildings the driver thought it would be appreciated if he drove them down the runway. He turns from a taxiway and presses the accelerator down full and runs down the runway. The old man starts breaking into a sweat and shaking and orders the driver to stop and drive back to the hotel. He had always made it back and he had never lost a crewman no matter how shot-up his plane was.. However he lost many friends, saw and heard dozens of planes explode on take off, catch fire next to his plane and see other planes drop out of formation never to be seen again. Too many.

We are children and we are playing.

18. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

You poor poor baby ;)

19. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

20. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

This looks like fun...wish I knew Russian!