Combat Report - 01 march 1941 (2nd sortie)

Discussion in 'I/JG54 Grunherz' started by -haupt, Jul 29, 2003.

1. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

Mission: freie jagd
    Pilots: -herz- and -medic
    Plane: Bf109E
    Flight time: 10 mins
    Claims: 2 (1 I-15 and 1 Spitfire by -herz-)
    Losses: 1

Comments:
    Morale was high, last sortie was exciting and many cons were on radar at F32's area...we just came from there alive.
    Took off and headed east climbing and soon we just saw a fight 1 o'clock low. We went to check, it was 2 reds chasing a gold. We attacked, me shooting the Spit and medic attacked the I-15.
    After the first pass the Spit started smoking bad and went down in flames crashing on the sea. Medic soon managed to smoke the I-15 but it was really hard to kill this flying thing.
    I tried to set up some drags for medic and in one of these drags the damn I-15 pilot was smart. I set up a drag and the I-15 followed me d5. As medic finished his pass on him, the I-15 simply followed medic's zoom. I was amazed that he was holding on prop verticaly behind medic's 109. I turned as fast as i could and opened fire into the biplane... medic's 109 exploded a sec before the biplane... both turned into a ball of flame in front of me, sky went full of debris as a dark haze filled my conciense... i just lost a wingman.. one more. :(

Honestly... ive seen lots of ppl die in JG54 this TOD already. And im getting frustrated, feels like i simply cant help everyone and stay alive at the same time. I wonder how terrible this feeling was for the real WW2 pilots.

2. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

I died after dumbest of dumb mistakes. Got too confident, let this little thingie too close, underestimated little annoying warpcraft's E state and took a 7mm tracer right between my goggles. I'm 100% guilty for this loss and feel very stupid that JG54 lost pilot and a plane in such a stupid way. :(