I153, why?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by wabwab, Mar 26, 2005.

1. wabwab

wabwab Well-Known Member

everybody knows that i153 is a über plane when it comes to turn performance. it is very hard to hit or even kill in flight, hitting it with hmack is almost impossible. that is all fine and everybody has accepted it.
    the only thing i don't like about the current i153 setting are the rockets, they have better firepower than gold 21cm rockets and are more effective to kill targets and hmacks even if the rocket impact is not close to the intended target. why are the not ajusted to realistic values? :fly2:

and it has 8 x rocket. :dura:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  2. Kutya

Kutya Banned

3. wabwab

wabwab Well-Known Member

what a great reply, thank you kutya, u must be an admin.

4. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

no kidding- their accurate as a laser beam. Early rockets are little more than bottle rockets.

There is virtually no performance decrease for an i15 flying with rockets either- it can still turn on a dime and accelerate like a champ.

Red pilots who fly them into 1943 and admins just dont seem to want anything close to reasonable attitude to the i15.

5. Z-Wolf

Z-Wolf Active Member

I've read that I153 is not able to fire rockets, but mortars ...

6. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

I can find VERY little data concerning an i153 being able to carry rockets PERIOD, and its damn near impossible to find anythign that says they could or did use them as early as 1940.

I think the i153 is just another FH fable made fact by a biased society.

If only as much time was put into the mk103 cannon as the i15 and its rocket abilitys....

7. adamec

adamec Well-Known Member

I dont know about i153 rox, but german 21cm waere air mortars.

8. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

The day i joined the fh comunity people were complaining about the I153...Here we are over 2 years later...I'm sorry but the I153 has is and will always be a fact of life...

9. jotaceTOGA

jotaceTOGA Well-Known Member

And why don't they put a plane as i-153 to golds?
    A plane to battle with i-153 would be the best way, in my point of view.
    Shit... golds know how I hate this damm uber fucking plane!
    I have read something in this forum saying that the i-153 flyed in World War 1... With this plane, they could demolish the german army.
    I am going to stop to write in English now because write in English give me headache.

10. muf-lo

muf-lo Well-Known Member

They did, the plane it's called Ki-27! Ok, it hasn't great firepower but it's very hard to bring the Ki-27 down. Once I even landed a Ki with 1x7mm in it! :D

11. strafe

strafe Guest

So give +2x7mm machine guns, same accuracity and armour that I153 had, and it will be ok : P

12. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

the wgr 21cm rocket was a rocket- not a mortar. But it was time/distance/fused to detonate at a certain distance, while I can find no such aid to that of the i15 to support its rocket use.

The ki27 blows big floppy donkey dick- its not even worth the time admins took to modle it.

The 7mm it is equiped with is a far cry from the power of the i15's 4x7mm and its almost impossible to bring down almost any red plane even from the very biggening of the war with the ki27. Not to mention its bomb load sucks whiel the i153 can carry 8 rockets.....

ki27 opposition for the i153? I think not.

13. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

Soooo, my sources say that I-153 took part in aerial combat at July 1939 at Khalkin-Goli, when Soviet Union fought against Japan. So apparently it didn't fly at WW1 :D . Even the prototype was made at fall of 1938.

About rockets my book doesn't mention. It could be the fact that if there were a possibility to use them, FAF didn't.

my source: "Finnish AF history:Russian fighters" , isbn 951-9035-25-7

airfax :@drunk:

14. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

IMHO- the i16 "type 29?" has the ability to carry rockets, the i153 should not. Atleast in the name of balance and history.

Maybe in the late war i15's COULD HAVE been equiped with rockets- but so far no one here can find supporting evidence that the i153 was a rocket carrier.

15. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

And after I checked the book little more, it shows 4 images of I-153's carrying rockets from year 1942. August 22 to be more exact. So AFAIK FAF didn't use them. (it only had 21 I-153's to begin with :) )

airfax :@drunk:

16. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

thread sucks

17. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

So the rocket option on the i153 could stand one of two ways that I see-

1. There is no rocket option untill 1942 unless contraversial data suggests otherwise.
    2. The rocket option on the i153 is removed entirely as the only operational squad seen using rockets on i15's had less than 30planes to begin with- far from the FH requirement of modles needed to be used in the game.

Rockets on the i15 should be as much of an idea as torpedos on the fw190, both were availible- but there is an obious preference to red planes to jump over the requirements of aspects to the game.....

18. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

when this topic first came up i browsed it. a sight i found with farly good list of ords for all i15 type planes had rockets in 1941 12mm on the i153 after 1942. showed that it could cary 2 100 or 2 250kgs and saw service from 1939 to 1945.
    so if that sight was right i15 could infact be worse then what is curently complained about.

i agree there no real balece plane on gold side. so dont go screaming im a red in love with bi plane :).. fact is i wouldnt miss it if it was banned but realy dought it will happen.

it fought in the war because russia need what it had.
    it a bi plane. in slow stall munuvers no mono plane pilot "should" expect to beat it.
    its a russin server and the intrested in there own history, so planes like i15 and pe8 will
    find there way into the game even if there isnt a relative balence to it.

but if, and so far ive never experinced this fnomenom but once and i15 pilot pointed out since i was 109f i was shooting 15mm not 20mm, i15 can take more then 2 20mm under 300 yards its damge model should be adjusted.

make i15 as weak as ki27 so its suvival depends on its avoiding fire period. as small and copact as it is, it should be hard to hit, but 20mm should take large deadly chunks of its fusalage.