off: what is your...

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by grobar, Oct 2, 2002.

1. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

profession/occupation in RL?

Im a student in Applied Maths, 3rd year. non-working. hope some day to do research in math biology (modelling).

You?

PS: Mb also hobbies not related to WB, planes and flying. :)

History. Photography. Acting in experimental theater. Programming&web. Science. Slavic languages.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2002
  2. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Student not currently studying. Biology outside university, maybe in later. Part time worker, whatever jobs ever cross my path. Stuck. Getting loose. Observing.
    Being sick...being happy....being lazy. Trying to stay healthy and fit.

Been interested in history, psychology and about everything around and especially in us. But never enough to seriously concentrate on one thing.

3. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

I'm trying to finish my studies of journalism (I'm taking some time doing this, in fact I should have finished 3 years ago :shuffle: ), meanwhile I work as french to spanish translator ( I've been working on that for more than 2 years now, and I really like it)

Hobbies:
    Photography, painting and playing with metal soldiers (from Warhammer and such to WWII 1/300 scale), reading, languages (I'm learning Arab now, and some german), history, girls....

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I've worked until June in the local airport, plane's maintenance, but i'm not very interested in airplanes. Meanwhile, i've been studying Chemical Sciences (i'm looking for a laboratory. Yes, you all will have your chemical drugs dosis :D ).

Bikes are my main hobby. I like them all, old, new, slow, fast.... :super: Also, i like all kind of sports, especially Skate (wheels, not ice) Hockey, which i play. This year we've rebuild the team (terrible. Our captain is 43 years old). Music, Tv, and internet, are also some of my hobbies. And WB, of course :super:

5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

attended applied math high education, then worked as a software programmer. now head of little IT department.
    free time: sleep, laziness, watching tv, playing paintball sometimes, rarely carting.
    sigh, currently i have some problems flying wb.
    collected scaled copies, but quit this hobby long ago. may be in future i'll return to those buffs, migs and liners.

6. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

College teacher (advertising - Art direction / graph & electronic design), Iґm also have a master degree in business administration w/ enphasis in marketing (Internet Advertising - The Internet as Marketing Tool).
    Parallel, Iґm a design consultant for two other colleges.
    Interests? Drink more and more beer (alemao & mikers helps a lot on that), Play w/ and watch the growing of Julia & Luisa... Take Little trips alone w/ Ms. vibora, some times in my motorcycle (especcialy at Outumn, spring and summer)... Take some rides alone on the moto... watch Tv as much as I can... :D

7. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Which is your bike, vibora? Mine is an Honda NTV 650 Revere, from 1995. It has now 37000km, but works perfectly. If you ever come to Spain, tell me before, and we may do a ride in moto around here. Here is the pic, as it was originally. Now, has been modified, but i don't have any pic

8. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

High School student, direction is like they call it in Belgium: 5 Science Maths 8... means I get 8 hours of maths each week... which is the most maths you can get... blah and I tend to be lazy enough not to go over the special issues in maths... all 's going fine though... as long as I can motivate myself enough to start learning my maths, and as long as I'm concentrated on studying and not on err, dunno WB or other stuff :D

so we've got 2 applied maths guys so far... in my native language the direct translation of Applied Maths can be used for Physics too... so do you guys get Physics or maths...? :D

greetze, Zembla

9. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

hi!
    mainly i'm a Part time worker, from 9:00 to 15:00 in a web developing company (www.e-netfinger.com). We make lots of stuff, but i'm now PHP programmer and HTML builder. But you know, u make lots of things, from design to DB analysis.
    At afternoons i study politcal science, here in Madrid (i think that in the same university than Perdomo, in UCM isn't it? www.ucm.es)

My hobbies are the friends, FH of course, FC Barcelona, go on party, keep on the party, come back of the party... :D

10. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

I got a reason to live...

CC Broz! When in Europe, Spain will be one of firsts places to go, and will find U to have a little tour... It could be?

Ma bike is an old&faithfull CBR 450SR ґ89(!!!) very close of that on the pic, but mine has wheels in red... but the paint is like the same...
    This model was only made in Brasil from 1989 to 1992 and sold only in Brasil, Argentina (few) and Uruguay (fewer)
    [​IMG]
    alt
    [​IMG]

11. thrapt

thrapt Well-Known Member

Computer Science student (1st year), freelancer programmer (not so often)...

well I spend most of my time in front of the computer (in college and at home) but I always have time to practice martial arts (aikido)

12. -datel

-datel Well-Known Member

hello,
    im studying at university 3rd year. 1st year physics but i havent had 8 hours of math per week (though id appreciate that greatly), so i changed to computer science which is imo alot easier. i hope to spend my next university year somewhere abroad. i hope i wont get stuck in research and move on to making some money soon.
    i spent a week during holidays practicing taiji and yoga and id like to continue but the courses are not running yet, they will be in a week or so. i prefere sports where i dont get a ball in my face so no basketball, football but rather biking or table tennis (little exception).

13. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Sure!! I beg you to tell me. Would be cool!

I know that model. Is fantastic. And with the apropriate care, is an everlasting bike. Nice one

P.S: Can't see the attached pic. It does not download :(

14. mekh--

mekh-- Well-Known Member

College student (computer programming) and freelance artist for a tank sim ( http://www.esimgames.com - go buy it, buy the sequel, buy some for your friends :D )

Hobbies...whatever I feel like at the time. Reading, drawing, history, foreign language, and just about anything you can do with a computer.

15. esp---

esp--- Well-Known Member

student
    computer science 3rd year (networks)

musician
    12 years of studying 1st and 2nd degree in jazz rock guitar (really i do not play jazz - distortion and good 6stringer with EMG81 pickups is all i need to pitch off whole people living near my house)

sportsmen
    10 years of playing tennis and volleyball
    (once 2nd place in national juniors tournament in Tennis)
    i give up professional play due problems with knees

book mole
    especially history of 20 century aviation marine all that is fat and you spend >3 days to read it

16. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Well.... :)

I study Mechanical Engineering (hoping to specialize in Aeronautical) - 2nd year at UCP (www.ucp.br).

I'm currently at my university, taking a relax after an exam.. :D

My hobbies?
    Draw funny cartoons of my friends (I did some from VF-1's guys :));
    Anything that has wings, i.e.: planes, mostly WWII;
    Mess around with Photoshop, drink beer and guaraná :)D), my girlfriend (I can´t say girlS, if she read it she'll spank me :D) and friends... Oh and I love to play football (indoor, futsal, 5 players), tennis and volley! and of course, flightsims and WBFH!! :D

17. thrapt

thrapt Well-Known Member

spank spank....

hmm... I think you'll like it! :p

18. yellow

yellow Well-Known Member

Hello guys.

I work at automotive parts supplier.
    My job is chemical analysis for material, and investigation of problem for materials and product line.

I use many equipments for analysis.
    EPMA: Electron Probe Micro Analyzer
    XPS : X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy
    FTIR , Thermal-analyzer, Gas-chromatograph...and so on.

But I like "wet-analysis" than any other machanical methods

CU in the sky !!

19. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Working as paramedic in my city's Ambulance Service and I find it even more addictive than online air combat - love that job! Recently quit studies at Medical Academy (medical analytics) to study emergency medicine at paramedic's school.

RL interests: sleeping, reading, eating, drinking (beer or good dry red wine), scale modelling or getting high on weed with my friends and laughing our arses off while watching class Z horror movies :dura: ("brain dead" and "evil dead 2" are 2 best movies ever made :D).
    Used to play drums in a crappy punkrock band but had to sell my drumset to cover internet bills; used to drive a car (unforgetable antic Russian yellow heavy tank Lada1500 ;)) but had to sell it too; used to be a junior's Polish vice champion in fencing (sabre) but eventually I became too lazy for that kind of activity and switched for virtual combat ;)
    Currently waiting for a credit to buy a computer which will be able to launch Aces High.

20. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Currently I'm a 1st year student of Mechanical Engeneering at UFRJ hoping to especializing is Aeronautics too (just like Rafael).

What I like to do ? let's see...apart from wb... hanging out with mrs fla ( :UU: :D ), playing soccer, reading (but nothing that doesn't take at least one week) and ocasionally studying some really crazy shit as modern phisycs :dura: