OMG, impossible happened, Microprose has been revived and team up with IEN to create Warbirds 2020 !

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by kemioz, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Archer

Archer Administrator Staff Member

IMHO, там постпроцессинг будет (должен быть). По идее, заклёпки только на переломе блика должны быть видны.

2. -Shai-

-Shai- Well-Known Member

хорошо бы
    но, насколько я вижу по фото, их на нормальных понях вообще столько не было...
    как и разных прочих свежевыдуманных элементов
    опять же профиль крыла косой и всякое разное(

3. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Да, ты прав. Это... стимпанк! Aluminum is not iron...

What's up with the propeller? The blades are counter-angled, something that has probably never been tested on an aircraft! :0

4. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Well guys, if this game turns out ok, I hope to see all the players online again like before, 40-60 players all the time..it was great fun. all the old squads, everything all again!!!

5. kemioz

kemioz Well-Known Member

Yes !!! Warbirds is coming back !! :) I think this is the best news since last time we played.

-ALW- likes this.
  6. King_Corduroy

King_Corduroy New Member

WOAH! Totally excited!!! I can't wait to see you all in game! lol

7. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

As long as it is not yet another "I'm lame, but I pay, so I'm better than others" arcade... I will take a look at it.
    BTW - got my account restored... someone fixed that damned "forgot my password" feature at last - WOW!

hezzey and Uncles like this.
  8. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

But by the big balls of Saint Andrew, no bagpipes, whiskey, or tartan woolen garments allowed, laddy. Well, upon reflection, whiskey should be allowed. Fly south of Hadrian's Wall and yer collops will be in a skillet fer breakfast, laddy!

looseleaf likes this.
  9. kemioz

kemioz Well-Known Member

Frog I was reading on payment and it is free to play + subscription - free will be basic plane set (spit 1, 109e etc) and subscription will be purchasable for 1 day, 1 week, 1 month.

In theory you can bring down even 'lame' pilots with subscription in p51 in 109 e ;)

10. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

I beg to differ.
    Even a total dweeb will eventually find out that he (or she) can boom&zoom defenseless 109Es or Spit Is in a P51 - without any effort.
    Especially since Yanks always do everything to demonstrate that Pony was the ultimate war machine, and nothing (save for F4U maybe) can outdo a Pony in an American WWII flightsim.
    It's like with the IL2 series - Yak 3s were having serious manufacturing quality issues, yet they're always equally unbeatable in any of these flightsims.
    An IL2 was a flying brick attached to a coffin, yet it can survive quite a lot in that series... etc.

The best thing about the WBFH server was, that it had a rolling plane set, that allowed the players to fly the whole campaign against matching (or only temporarily superior) opponents. Having a game where late P51s will be hacking and slashing 1939 planes by dozens will not be fun.

looseleaf and Red Ant like this.
  11. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

"Mobile and console versions of the game will be taking off throughout 2020."

ROTFLMAO
    That did it.
    A console version of flight sim
    Mobile too

Guys!
    I've got my old MSSP2, how do I connect that to my Xbox ONE?

In my opinion - that's it.
    If they are planing a console version, they are not intending to make a flightsim of it. Pad-controlled arcade, with a badge that once carried a lot of goodie goods with it.

Red Ant and Boroda like this.
  12. kemioz

kemioz Well-Known Member

I'll wait and try myself :)

The mobile version is releasing year after PC, so it might be developed separatly.

13. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Well - let us see.
    I'm no longer a "young gun", more like "married with kids" right now, so I don't have time to waste on crap anymore (I actually sold my beloved old V8 car, just to buy a brand new VW Golf Diesel last year - just to show how fuck*d I really am). If it'll be worth something? Sure! But I sincerely doubt it.

14. kemioz

kemioz Well-Known Member

I'm keeping my fingers crossed :), it's been 10 years since freehost was active.

hezzey likes this.
  15. kemioz

kemioz Well-Known Member

I've done some searching on their forum and I can put your mind to ease Frog, they have posted information that Warbirds releasing in October is the good old Warbirds we know :), the mobile version releasing in 2020 is a different game.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    -ALW- likes this.
  16. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

We will see. [Się zobaczy]
    Just had a week of 46+ hours of work (till Thursday night it is) and I feel that I need to hire someone, or at least take fewer orders.
    It would be fun to reinstate the 302nd somewhere.
    Still have 2 or 3 people from the FH 302nd at my Facebook friends list. Lost all the phone numbers back in 2011 or 2012 (non-synchronized contact list).

looseleaf likes this.
  17. kemioz

kemioz Well-Known Member

Co jakis czas ktos zaglada na forum, moze tu trafia :)

18. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

A dlaczego swojego poprzedniego konta nie chcesz odzyskać (zakładam, że gadam z Ziomkiem z 303) :D ?

19. kemioz

kemioz Well-Known Member

Zapomnialem wszystkiego :p

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  20. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Well....... still waiting..... any more news?