curved gorilla cocks and Darwin's descent with modification-a scholarly dissertation

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by Mcloud, Nov 11, 2010.

1. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

I never defended my PhD, so I'm just a regular MA (albeit with a PhD course).
    So you think I'm well educated, while I'm just educated :D
    I'm with the stupid ;)

As far as Niagara Falls are considered - I just wanted to go abroad, some other continent. And wanted to go some place civilised. Friends invite me to China, but I really dislike the regime there and (surprise) the need to apply for visas. I guess I'll opt for Africa next year. Got friends working in Zambia - maybe it's the destination I crave for. Great things, just for the "backpacking" type of tourists. Not for the "package holidays" ones though.

2. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Hey Frog you don't have to come to Canada and rent an rv, just watch videos of Canada that these Polish and Ukrainian girls make.

Tour of some Alberta sites

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  3. mcgru-

mcgru- Well-Known Member

That's not a "perogies" !
    that's "varenniki"

4. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

What's "Pierogi" in Poland is "Varenyky" in Ukraine and should not be confused with "Pirozhki" (Russian: пирожки; Ukrainian: пиріжки) in Ukraine and Russia :)
    So if you say "Pierogi" in English you refer to Polish "pierogi", i.e. Russian "varenniki" :)

Slavic languages have many confusing differences ("false friends").
    I love the ones that occur between Polish and Czech for example.
    Polish "kibel" stands (vulg.) for toilet.
    But in Czech it's just a bucket.
    If you "szukać" something/someone in Polish, you search for that thing or person, yet if you "šukat" someone in Czech, you fuck them.
    "Odbyt" is "sale" in Czech, but "asshole" (literal meaning) in Polish... etc...

mcgru- likes this.
  5. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

In USA university parlance, you are "ABD," or All but Dissertation. When I studied the Polish language in 1985, our university would have hired you to teach American students. But now our government only teaches Polish to a very small number of government employees and soldiers.

6. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

I would never stay at the university.
    I might act unreasonably (from time to time), but I'm not that stupid :D
    Apart from that if I stayed at the University, I could plan my family holidays in Bulgaria, and that only after becoming an associate (a lot of ass-licking, brown-nosing activities required in the process).
    Got a few friends, who chose that path. We admired them at first. But now most of us live better lives, than those who decided to become academics.
    Interestingly enough only few of us have anything in common with our former education (I've studied law and sociology, graduated only from the sociology course (MA) - I worked as a teacher, logistics operator, goods out manager, and now I earn my living as a freelance translator).

Uncles likes this.
  7. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

You ever get back to Silicon Valley Uncles?

8. looseleaf

any news on the update of gorillas and Darwin?

9. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

In a few weeks.

looseleaf likes this.
  10. looseleaf

Keep me posted!!!!

11. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

If no one has anything significant to say, maybe we should just close this thread. I can't come here every single day guys.

12. OldUncles

OldUncles Well-Known Member

Well, to be honest, it is a weird topic. Maybe you can take it to a fetish channel.