How to install Wb 2.77 on Windows Vista / Windows 7

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Red Ant, Oct 25, 2010.

1. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

Yep same here. Need the Keyboard fix instructions or file. Either will work. But a dead link dont.

2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Sorry, man. I just searched my computer hoping I still had the RAR lying around somewhere but nope. :(

3. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

Its OK, My brother FlyMax had a link to a single download file that sets up everything in one install. Maps cockpits KB fix, etc etc. Of course one would still need to manually go into their win 7 settings for the dropdown menu fix themselves. But other than that took care of everything else. Thanks for the looking though I do appreciate it. Not sure who runs this site but here is the link I used.
    https://warbirdsfreeguide.com/install-warbirds-freehost/

4. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

If I took the time to follow instructions and did this thing, would I be rewarded by competing against two Russians, in JU52s, who formed a line, inviting ANYONE TO TRY TO PASS, who are invincible?
    Go and fly all alone, and thing, well, no-one is here, I am gonna go blast a field, and drop troops myself, then......
    OH, THINK SO?
    POP up comes those two guys with the JU52s [yes, those guys, they use JU52s as fighter planes, you know who they are, right?]. After being shot down by JU-52s, I quickly lose my appetite, and go back to the WB, where it is possible, to sometimes, get a kill [Lots of players, some of them are not so good, so I can feel good, sometimes]

PS: I will try those instructions, maybe I will find an opponent who has terrible palsy or something [or drunk]

5. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

PPS: I am not complaining about being bested ALL THE TIME, now and then.
    I am not, nor ever was, worthy competition as a fighter jock. That is one of the reasons I liked to use Buffs [never mind the Snoopy Plane, which I used [and will again, if I make this thing work] LOTS, whenever I could, see, using a snoopy plane was not war-winning stuff, it was purely fun, but buffs help RED.
    After having the sound card go into a loop for the fifth time, and having to restart windows, for the fifth time, I am having a break, but will come back after my break. Maybe, if I can get THIS THING WORKING I will so someone I remember in the arena...
    I do have a fantasy of coming to the STUPID IEN WB and having some companions from The Old Days with me, that would be cool. But I doubt it happening. The IEN WB just is not the same, not even close. Except there are some Sim Combats and such, pft.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  6. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

Its instructions to install the game on win 7, nothing more. The freehost server is the same as before. But agree that fewer and fewer people are playing.

7. miixch

miixch Well-Known Member

Is there any possibility to use my old nickname, which was the same as login?

8. miixch

miixch Well-Known Member

ok problem solved, there was wrong login ;)

9. miixch

miixch Well-Known Member

under win 10 plane choosing menu is blank, is there any solution?

10. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

If my memory serves me right you can use ".plane xxx" command.

11. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Or, while scrolling down the list in the 'choose a plane' box, you can scroll SLOWLY up and down through the list, but [in my PC] it error exits the game when I do it quickly, but not carefully and slowly.

12. wilker

wilker Member

Hello everyone.

So, i used to play this game as a kid back in 2000s, in my old dial-up connection.

Went by the callsigns "wilker" and "rekliw". I remember the callsigns "--boa-" and "orosco", but i can't remember many others (sorry).
    I was the guy who was always flying a one-winged ki84 like a comet through the air.

So today i decided to check up on "FH Warbirds" on Google (things you do as a bored person lockdown at home due to Covid-19) and got surprised by the fact that this forum is still going. Even more impressive, i managed to log-in to my forum account (thankfully 2-step wasn't configured yet and i could log using my old e-mail).

So, question: is this game alive? Are servers working?

Best regards,

Wilker

13. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I haven't even tried in god knows how many years. I suspect most of the rest that still frequent these forums haven't either (but I don't know that; just guessing).

14. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome back. I haven't played since 2008 :) . Take care.

15. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

anyone here installed WBFH on Win10 64bit computer? for some reason I got it to work but not in 3D/ hi res even though it seemed to download and install hi-res artwork!

16. looseleaf

Yes!!! I remember that fast Ki on fire with one wing !!!

the last 10 times I logged-on to the game, I was the only one there... I miss the old days. But we are all older... much older.

17. wilker

wilker Member

Glad someone remembers it. We are older, indeed. Got that cringe feeling looking at my old posts here complaining about scorepage not working... Damn, i was a kid back them. Playing this game on a dial-up connection, old Pentium PC with no Video Card and 256 MB RAM.

Maybe it's all about nostalgia, but i hop into those new games (from WB3 to WarThunder) and none of them feel the same. The pace, the playability... WB2.77 was the balance between arcade pace and sim dynamics.

Red Ant and looseleaf like this.
  18. looseleaf

Absolutely! It had enough "action" not to be an Atari arcade game and not too much "realism" to need monster video card and manual and details to make it like work.

My most fav WW2 sim game was the old SWOTL. Too bad they went so realistic that it was overwhelming and they trashed the single person strategy game. All they had to do was tweak the resolution and overlay it to an online structure.

Yeah, there were a few real psycho anal retentives playing here, but most of the guys were really cool guys.

19. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I am still here. I log into the forum sometimes.
    I do not play WB of any flavour. I tried yes, I tried.
    Life goes on...