Thanks to the Developers of FHL 1.50

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Rapier, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Rapier

Rapier Guest

A Special Thanks is posted in the
    "News, Announcements & Information" section of this Forum:
    for developing and testing the New FHL 1.50

I would like to repeat and enhance that here, extending it to the whole FH-Team.

Regards and WTG

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2003
  2. jfm

jfm Well-Known Member

great job

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

well, Rapier, my role is very modest - to bore developers and nicae (about site). in comparison to for example HoHun's and Illo's work, mine is much smaller.

4. -redw-

-redw- Well-Known Member

THX + WTG to all involved people!

great job :super:

5. babek-

babek- Well-Known Member

AWESOME JOB - THANK YOU !!!! FANTASTIC !!!!

6. rubin-

rubin- Member

sure good job

Sure good work...

We can say simply in general:
    allied planes loads and performance decreased, axis incerased.

Lets change history ;)

7. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Good to have the challenge factor up..more out accelerating out running ,climbing,turning,diving,rolling ,out armored and armed gold planes allways welcome :D :mafia:

8. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

whats the core plane of the axis?
    109s, for sure. so much that rgreat only agrees to make changes to this plane when 105% sure of data accuracy.

what increased in 109s?
    109K climb! yup, 109k climb increased. even a bit of maneuverability.
    but
    109G6 climb decreased with altitude
    109G2 climb decreased
    109G2 climb decreased with altitude
    109G2 maneuverability decreased
    109F4 climb decreased
    109F4 climb decreased with altitude

yeah, but now golds have the new 109F2!
    109F4 was released when 109F2 is supposed to. so now the 109F2 will only push the F4 back, so you can say golds lost F4's climb and 20mm cannon for some FH months.

so hold your horses :)

9. -kopi-

-kopi- Well-Known Member

Well im not so sure aboute those changes in k4. Its climb rate was spuppirior even in 1.42 and now its... i have now wrods its a real rocket! Its manuvreability is increased so that p38 have problems to outurn it and many other allied planes including p51d which is outturn by the 109 k4 now . Its also faster over 15kft than mustang, on lower alt a bit slower which dosent mean that much becose of its 109s great accreleration. And 109 has the ass riping 30mm so there is pratical no chance of wining HO with it. So im asking what is left for red pleans to fight with this UFO ??? Spit 14 is slower dosent clim ass well , and with improved manuverability there is no problem in 109 to go for a HO in furball although spit is better in flat turn. la 7 ? I think that 3x 20 mm still isnt as good as mk108 in HO rest as in spit 14.
    Well those are my sugestions i m not of an great expert here i fly 1 year in wb so correct me if im wrong . Its just that now fighting with 109k4 is like flying in p40 against 109 f4 in 1942 43. Reds has no pleane that is a real mach for 109 k4 and i think its a big mistake. IMO reds would need a later spit then XIV and not spit IIa wich is like a nice addon not a great change as immproved 109 k4 .
    But anyway WTG folks for a great job on 1.5 FHL. Thank you for that,maybe my post is to early so lets see how new FHL will do on a full Tour of Duty.

Thx again and cu in air.

10. Comet-

Comet- Well-Known Member

@kopi:
    Every 109 is terrific fighter in its age, capable of winning 1 on 1 in all situations against all enemies. Never really outclassed.

Accepting HO against 109K or 109G10 is simply stupid. It doesn't matter how strong you plane is, you will be killed. Attemping something which will surely kill you is futile, so why you want to do it? Practice BFM, apply lead turn or force that accelerating rocket to overshoot or something else and kill him. ;)

11. thrapt

thrapt Well-Known Member

I wish was that simple

12. Corto

Corto Well-Known Member

year, thank you all guys!!!

I´ve installed it with no probs!

You have done a wonderfull job!!!

13. dulux-

dulux- Well-Known Member

well done Freehost team :@prayer:

14. -kopi-

-kopi- Well-Known Member

Comet youre right i never do HO with 109 from relese of g2/r6;).
    But in furrball its somtimes dificullt to avoid. Later i had no problems with that but now 109 is more agile and supirisme very much, espesially in that p38 that now is a flying cow ;). And like i said it remisme flying in p40b where you almost always fly in defence. I think i just have to get used to it. Yak3 is kind of a good enemy for k4 so its not that bad.
    But this 109 is just tirifict you can do a loop at 300 km/h and do a 180 degres roll at top of it and then climb at 45 degrees angel doing 25m/s and i didnt even heared a beep :D its wonderfull!!!.
    Well i just cooled down a little, othere changes are great like i really injoined flying mig3 offline and many othere pleanes .

So FH team I SALUTE YOU :@prayer:

15. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

<S> -pehy-

Can someone tell me if i need to uninstall the old version of FHL, or do i just install version 1.50 over the top of the one i have installed?

Also, about the comments re the 109K. Yesterday i was in twr and seen on rdr an incoming buff (turned out to be a DH98) on rdr E of F16. I took off from F16 in 109K and seen the con going overhead, probably about 5k alt. I climbed to about 3k at which point the con then came in on an attack to me. What followed was one of the longest 'dogfights' i think ive ever had in the Arena with anyone, and it was totally surreal cos i was dogfighting a light bomber! During the course of this, the con got on my 6 about 3 or 4 times, tho he was about d8-9 so i was safe. However, everytime i got on his 6, he would just pull a sharp turn and climb again, and if i attempted to follow, i bled 'E' like it was going out of fashion! The result was that every time he turned, he was able to extend on me and then get himself in to a position to either attack me again or at least put himself in a safe position. This continued for about 20 mins, with the con actually killing 2 golds in HtH while fighting me. Eventually, i managed to get him in a HtH and took a wing with my 30mm, cos i realised that was the only way i was going to be able to get him. Anyway, there is 2 points to this story. Firstly is a major <S> to the DH98 pilot, -pehy-. Your E retention and ACM were first class, how you managed to pull some of those turns and then extend is beyond me. I tip my hat to you, Sir ;)

However, you have to wonder about the maneuvrability and overall performance of what is Golds best fighter in the whole ToD (save for the last 2 months with the Me262) when a Red light-bomber can keep it not only occupied for so long, but also to be able to get in to positions to attack that fighter. Even if you considered that -pehy- was flying the DH98 to the best of its abilities, whereas perhaps i was not flying the 109K to its advantages, surely that is an indication that perhaps the 109K was due an upgrade in performance. I cant think of any Gold buff that could do that with, say, a P51.

Just my 2p worth

-glas-

16. Comet-

Comet- Well-Known Member

Glas:
    I will post this to him on our squad BBS, I don't know if he is visiting this forum. It will make him happy, I think ;)

17. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Thanks comet:D I meant to say it to him in the Arena but got caught up in something else and went offline shortly afterwards, so i forgot to <S> him.

-glas-

18. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Where is the Brewster Buffalo?

19. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

WTG FH-Team and contributors!! :)

Just finished downloading it, will fly it soon. :)

20. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

not ready by this version. raw 3d model, raw tech data. it's within, but hidden from players.