Wednesday I should be able to pick-up a new toy at the Post Office!

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by hezzey, Aug 16, 2020.

1. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

IPad.
    It is, to me, a Poor-Man's Macintosh.
    I am in my sixties now and don't give a shit about Games OR Office Software and each year I am a bit more stupid than I was the year before.
    I never ever want to learn how to rotate crops or cut stone from old buildings.... that has happened to common humans before.
    I just want the Tiny Phones to work, the Tablets [amazing, like Fifties Science Fiction!!] and then I want to be dead before those things stop working...... [Of course I want to die in my sleep!!! And I want a Phone to stare at [Look, it has a clock in it!]

2. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

The new one looks just like last year’s one it is just a tiny bit bigger and I think it has more ram. It seems to me that iPad OS and iPhone OS work just fine out of the box with no surprises!
    All I ask of it is that it has no surprises and works for three years.
    I told myself a couple years ago that if I like tablets and high find them sensible and logical and easy to use that that is what I’m going to switch to and use those until my dying day.
    I am too fat to fly.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/7LL8uN5tSbSEUewE7

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  3. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I like GNU/Linux The best and the most but I do not see that operating system to be workable and logical and friendly and practical from a tablet or smart phone.
    There comes a time while I can still think I might get a tablet that runs Linux but I ain’t holding my fucking breath.
    This time to me the Android Looks like a put-together with bailing wire and duct-tape garage sale thing....
    The MS Can take a long hard suck on my arse.
    I think I am stuck using these IThings.
    If I was 25 and had enough energy and care and brain power..... I would consider but at this time I am sick and fucking tired of those choices.
    I would consider giving last year‘s iPad to a niece or nephew......
    But I would never hand down something like that to fuzzy or anyone like her.
    It is not possible to use one of these things without giving away your banking information your fingerprints your retinal image.....
    I pray someday GNU Will deal with privacy issues but at this time I don’t think they can or have. Don’t get me started on RMS.
    (I fear that Linus Torvalds has stuff in his closet and I fear the Yanks will find out and shut him down too)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  4. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

And this is a blast to show for a week or two I’ve had last year‘s iPad 6 sitting on my desk 50 cm from its brother, a IPad 7....
    I don’t see her very often but I have an ex wife named Linda I love her all the pieces and wish her the best but I only see her two or three times a year.
    She is still always on my mind and she’s told me it’s the same thing she still loves me all the bits but you know how it is it for couples sometimes they will grow apart....
    Anyways never mind that when I was looking at that older iPad and thinking should I give that away being keyword Linda lit up in front of my face like neon.
    So no big deal I gave my ex old lady a hand-me-_down iPad.
    Well she’s never touched and I can’t I don’t think she has used them either but she’s had an iPhone for five years or something so I gave her this iPad send it by mail I wish I could be a fly on the wall and spy on her when she first starts using it because man iPads are a fucking blast compared to a PC.

5. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

6. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Oh Hez, yeah I feel for ya.

This is too much technology for me

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  7. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Haha
    My face is such, that even if i wore one of those, people would still know i'm talking alone.

8. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Taboos are changing all around me. Talking to one's self used to get one a free ride to the asylum. Or mobbed and lynched..... Being seen smoking a cigarette.... Leaning over and breathing on someone's food, that will get ya corrected really fast, been that way for a long time...... , or mobbed and beaten. Offending everyone around me if I scream or even mutter F_____g N____r, or compliment nice hair, or bum.....
    PS, I think quoting French, speaking French, using French is condescending....
    Some sarcasm ahead, so fuck off:
    Experiment being done to all us that don't speak Frog... Frog speech around-here can get ya un-employed really fast.......... We, around here, don't like French Speakers and that is why the French-talkers Around here either go to Ottawa or pick fruit when the weather is right.....
    Is GFYS idiomatic acronym?:rolleyes:

On re-reading the post I posted, above, I am thinking, holy fuck, was I drunk that night?

9. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Is that one of the Bullet-Proof ones?

10. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I live 5 miles from the land of Don't-Do As-They-Are-Told-Crazy-People. Holy Fuck!!!!!
    Everytime Yanks fwtch or grunt [or riot], Canadians cringe...... Drunken kids busting windows because of a hockey game? PFT. That doesn't matter.... They just need to get beaten by their dads....

11. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

See the hobo beard and wrinkled hat? I do that because most women hate it.
    [Holy Fuck mac, is that Caddie yours????]

12. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Parler français est présomptueux, pft.

13. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

14. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

15. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Please, don't anyone looking get angry at me.
    Best wishes to you all.
    Peace!!

16. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

That must be part of some brotherly banter, right? I can't imagine you guys being jerks to one another there, in the land of the almost free.

17. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Speaking anything other than english is in fact presumptuous.

18. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Yep, Brotherly.
    There USED TO BE, in this forum, and too, In Play, that were three Canadians, but one died, now there are two.
    The other one is from Ontario [I think]. I am from British Columbia.
    We, in BC like to make fun of The Onts*
    Everyone in Canada makes fun of The Yankees ;)

* Ont = Ontario People, they speak three languages, English, French and Punjabi

19. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Times change... Before English was the Lingua Franca, French was. And Spanish, and Latin.....I know, Arabic was too, but they all seem to have fucked up real bad... Arabs all hate each other and The Rest Of Us try to ignore them.

20. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

In my country, Arabs speak Lingua Refugee.