Who do you fear most?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by ozemale6t9, Jan 30, 2003.

?

Who do you fear most?

1. G.W. Bush

37 vote(s)
    68.5%
  2. Saddam Hussein

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. God

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. The Devil (could be one of the 1st two?)

5 vote(s)
    9.3%
  1. Sirum

Sirum Well-Known Member

I agree, I am getting tired of the USA bashing too. Its so funny, how ignorant people can be. Please, for those who wish to bash the United states please state your country so I can explain how the USA saved your countries ass.

Hey manoce, are you from France? lol

Where are you from? cause if you live anywhere near N. Korea. You best start paying attention to the real threat.

An by the way. I bet you are using or own something everyday that was designed, manufactured in the United States of America. But, you can't seem to find appreciation for that can you.?

and another thing, you said he has balls to kill, well that would make it come natural for Saddam. lol

Also, I am really curious as to what country you are from. Cause I would like to see how much American Money is going into your pockets.
    You don't make sense.

fla....do you think we still ride to work in horse and carriage? That is Narrow-minded!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2003
  2. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

We can support it with ease. What makes your industry unable to do so?

I didn't know australia was such a poor country.

3. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Finland. Tell me please. :)

4. Sirum

Sirum Well-Known Member

Yeah, thats funny. Finland. Finland is such a joke in 1940 they tried to seek protection from Germany and even formed part of the 5th SS Panzer grenadier division "Wiking". Then openly stated that Finland never considered themselves as Germanies Allies. Now that is funny. Plus, after Germany was defeated, The United states Helped Finland to rebuild there country. Finland was weakend heavily from fighting the Russians. And who was the one there to help.

Look

5. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Yup.

I can't see Iraq as threat to anyone. US oil companies want to dominate world markets. Bush gets his campaign financied by those companies so he gets elected again. I just see US going again war for money making up terrorist threat of iraq.

I don't really care what weapons Iraq has. There are much more dangerous and powerful nations led with even more stupid people.

6. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

How did you do that? I miss your point.
    I would appreciate your view of history. :D

Did it ever cross your mind that Finland was allied with Germany in WW2? It was only nation in world willing to help us in 1941. Finland fought and got peace with soviets in 1944.

Finland didn't get, nor did finnish want any Marshall aid.

7. Sirum

Sirum Well-Known Member

Read that post again, Illo. You will see exaclty what I was talking about

14 Apr 1944 Finnish government decides not to accept peace terms with Russia.

8. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Ok, I see you edited your post.

Well actually US sold weapons to USSR which was attacking finland. While it was denying weapon purchases from finland because it was in war. (US policy was not to sell war material to war going countries)
    You got our money in 1940 but we didn't get the weapons. (b-239s when war was over though.)

Germany offered much better help.
    Taking that help was a very wise decision resulting finnish independence today.

Yes, 1 battalion of freiwilligen. There was also Norwegian, Danish, French, Swedes, Bulgarian, Ukrainian citizens in SS. You name it. Most likely many former US citizens too. They chose to join fight against USSR.

Finland was clearly germanys ally.
    Anyone who tries to deny that is ignorant. However finland wasnt taking any orders from germans, but fighting its own war with own plans.

Finland did not accept marshall aid. Finland did its rebuild by itself.

Finland did not get/want 1 stinking wooden penny from you. :)
    You can't buy everyone, sorry.

Ps. US helped some other countries of europe both in supplies and financically. What does it make difference? US didn't want to have communism get foothold on europe. There was clean purpose for this money.

9. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

In August 1944 peace terms were much more favorable (because Soviet summer attack was stalled) and accepted.
    And how that translates to help of US? :confused:

10. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

If we go past to the history following the line of incidents called "US are helping the world" we would see indeed many good things US done - but US never did them for reasons they were proclaiming - and that's the problem in my eyes - every action US do is because of really low reasons covered by loud crying to the world - "look, we are saving you!". Well.. ah we can pardon this US, because you did good thing - that's what many people think in such circumstance to themselves. However US is crying "we are the good ones" even if they are making some action which is low not even in its motives but also in its outcome. It is one big play for money and for voters - and it is working (eh Sirum). I don't really understand politics and i think that it is only big covert for nasty things. Sometimes this covert is really ridiculous - like this thing with Iraq. If US fears S.H. so much as the threat to the free world, why it didn't deal with this problem 12yrs ago? Why are they falsifying and copying reports about chemical and biological weapons from some 10 yrs old students work to persuade UN? why is this theatre?
    It reminds me of Granada.

US never did any good thing with unselfish. take a look into the history:(.

11. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

I never understood what was that attack all about.
    They were trying to save university students from hands of communits, right?

I guess only communists in grenada at time were 300 or so cuban workers building new airfield for Grenada.
    Quite luckily that was show without too many human lives lost. :)

Well, I don't blame them. Why should they?

Though, I agree they should quit lies and have spine to announce their true interests.
    Oh..well, thats sure something that will never happen with politics, anywhere.

On other thought, I just hope they would quit killing people.

12. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

That is kinda my point fla. No ofence but the outcome could bring 2 situations which i would see as:

America goes in and kills lots of innocents, friendly fire, etc and find nothing to support the war. America would be attacked politically from all angles and most of the Yanks who frequent this forum and are advocating the war, i believe would hold their hands up, say they were wrong and apologise profusely for their countries actions.

Or else......

America goes in, kills very few civilians or even better, the 'ultimate' clean war with no civilian casualties. They find WMDs and stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons. The world agrees USA was justified......and very few on this forum who have displayed anti-American sentiment, or argued against the war, would apologise and admit they were wrong.

Humility shows strength of character ;)

-glas-

13. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Why that would be narrow minded ? Just because I don't see Iraq as a real thread to any western country ?

BTW, I'm from Brasil. You want to know how US participated in our history ? In 1964 your country suported an military uprising because we had a center-right goverment, instead of a right goverment. Guess US was afraid of a new Cuba in Brasil (LOL) and suported this uprising. It lasted over 20years, ended several civil rights that could only be recovered after fierce fights, very much ended our economy (when it was over, in 80s, this decade is called as the 'lost decade' by economists), and way too many lifes were lost in political police prisions, many due to torture. During the regime, CIA suported it (and other S.American ones) with informations, training (including torture) and funding. Every once and a while a new CIA document is liberated and we more of it's participation in Brasil's militar ditactorship.
    Later in the 90s it pushed down our throats the 'open markets' thing, leting many of it's products get in with low taxes, in many cases killing local industries. When we turned out to export to them, oh, amazing local production mecanims not letting we export some of our most important products.

Yep, US really safe our asses. :mad:

14. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

reply to illo:
    well.. attack cost several dozens of lives (80 if i remember right) - most of them were pacients of hospital which was attacked by US because they thought it was HQ of Grenada communistic army
    - does this not remind you something?

main proof about how Grenada is great threat, which pres. Reagan showed to public, was satelite photos of civilian airport in construction(it was financed by 40% from cuba, rest came from France, UK etc.) - it was not forbiden to take photos of this field.. it was open to public.. but it wouldn't have neccessary effect on american citizens if mr. Reagan would show them photos of this field from turistical guide
    in US public was confused by whole action but everything turned to the favor of Reagan when one of "saved" students kissed the ground when arrived back home
    - does this not remind you something? :)

well, i don't blame US for doing selfish politics - i blame US for that hypocrisy with which US is telling the world how are they doing this for world and not just for money and votes. i blame US for this theatre

reply to sirum:
    well; im from czech rep. so i have some experience with propaganda and brainwashing from state and i see this is happening at your country -- you are good example - you don't think, you believe
    i'm of course using some stuff from US, although i'm trying to live a bit alternative way of life(read: i do think sometimes) - so I'm avoiding so called american way of life(i don't say that this is how all americans live but for sure this thing originated in US) and thus i don't come accross "american things" often (meant both culture and goods)
    However - what does this do with my opinion about US politics - your argumentation is contemptible.
    Btw - why are you mentioning North Korea? I agree that UN should overthrow communist regime but not because they are threat but because people of N Korea are living in terrible conditions where almost every civil right is prohibited and they are treated like animals- and HELL IS US DOING ANYTHING WITH IT???? NO, because there's nothing valuable for US there.... So please think before you write another nonsenses. Wake up.

I don't know about any american money in my pocket but again - where's the connection to the problem? Even if US would throw money all over the world it could not justify its politics.

15. Sirum

Sirum Well-Known Member

LOL, Finland had no choice but to seek protection from Germany. As a matter of fact Germany then provided Finland with a arsonal of weapons and heavy artillary.

Manoce, once agian, you are bashing something thats you think was originated in the US. What is this you are talking about. Or is it something personal that you are blaming the US "ways". I am interested in hearing your opinion in regards to what it is that the US is doing to the world. You may have a good opinion and I may grant you a high five, but I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. WHAT IS THIS "US THING" THAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. I think you are looking for an excuse for your own personal problems. And hey, why not, blame the US.

lol
    I will say what I want when I want. And you can kiss my ass, cause I never told you to keep quite or that your opinions don't count.

Once again, take a look and read what it says.

Finland vs. Russia and the rest of the world

16. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Laugh as much as you want, but most peole here would have died from hunger without help from germany.
    Im sure you get some kicks out of it.

17. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

what is the difference between the evolutionary product homo sapiens, which can be scientificly characterized and me? what does culture mean in relation to time? can societies be described like detailed structures with alpha-male and most fertile fems?

after 250 years of researching, collecting and teaching the library of alexandria has been burned by gaius julius, dictator for lifetime of the roman empire. the multicultural centre has not been a target, but unluckily the egypt fleet harbored nearby.
    on the small mediterranian map it is somewhere north of f1, pretty close to f2, which could be in mesopotamia, where civilisation has be seen first (and also been splitted in babylon :) , due to phonetic problems)
    small med could also be the starting map for alexander, before he got bored and went to india...
    anyway, when the library burned, not only the greek translation of the things which god said in hebrew to some people (around f5) was lost, but also the discussions and interpretations of the code hammurabi (which are supposed to have more words than the encyclopedia britannica) and for some time the diameter of earth, which not many people found difficult to think of it as a globe that time (i would like to know, if leif, son of eric the red, knew that, when he and some norsmannen sailed to labrador to have a millenium-party)
    well, i am lost...
    yep, small med! should be possible to put the seven wonders on it, not?
    and the library would be safe on some cd-roms today, puuh.

[​IMG]

i hope, i will be able to respect the other!
    not respect like in 'takin the hat off and lookin to the ground' and not respect like in 'comparing and found to be same weight' and not respect like in 'i don't know, so go away'
    but more respect than the templers when they thought it a good idea to get the scum out of jerusalem (which they haven't ever seen before) and also more respect than the missionaires, who wanted to make humans out of non-humans by putting water on their heads and also more respect than fat smittie, who saw the 'terrible pics about the little kids in f3' on tv (aes: tears come to his eyes and he showed responsibility and took a parent-ship for one of them with 10 ? a month - at least up to the time, when he has to buy a car for his daughter)

i don't know what kind of respect i hope to find, but i can carry the library of alexandria with me (i like to compress files with winrar, i think it's best)...
    so i hope, i will have enough respect to think a thousand times , before i go to somebody' elses' place, burn it, fight them, search it and after (<-!) that find some evidence , which makes it reasonable (?) for me to have gone there!
    i hope i will have enough respect for me to keep thinking up to the moment, when i can see, that they have less respect and come to my place for similar reasons! eventually i will get some matches then, maybe i prefer running, because i don't like fire.

time will show, if i ever have to make a decision - for now there is really still a lot time for thinking left!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2003
  18. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    LeDaDa:
    OMFG!!

:@prayer:

19. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

good words led.

20. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member