Movies

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Jacobe, Feb 7, 2003.

1. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Odisseo ,the film is "Enemy at The Gates" A true jewel imho 2 snipers hunt eachother 'inside their mind' whole movie ,got it on CD ...it was made about 1998 or something ..

gime the eye ;)

2. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Re: polish in czech ears

Lol, and this is from someone who says "maminko" LOL

I`d very much like to get more potent in Czech/Polish but alas west-slavic has deviated quite much from south and east (I understand only 30%). BTW some XVcent poetry i found (songs about Vladislav Iagelo/ Varnentchik) was much more intelligible for me.

I tell you, if you had adopted cyrillics you`d have much proper languages now. :rolleyes:

Still I`m optimist.

3. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

cc odi and jac "enemy at the gates" excellent sniper movie :) did you recognise the russian snipers lady friend in enemy at the gates?? she was in the newer mummy movies. she can eat cookie in my bed any day :) also in the enemy at the gates. a few scenes of ju87 stuka's really doing serious damage to russian soldiers in a boat. very emotional scene. i wish we could have given those guys an hmack. :(

another war movie ( but i cant remember if thierare any aircraft in it) is thin red line. some fierce fighting scenes in that also.

4. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

No man`s land (Nicjia zemja) is the FILM

Even illo will like it, I`m sure! If you see any glitch in it, tell me.
    And, yeah, I could watch it without subtitles too :)

PS: its not airbattles

PPS: Anyone has the soundtrack!?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2003
  5. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

LOL loved that expression :D

6. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

few unknown movies worth to see

Here's few bit not-so-known-Must-see movies ...

"The American Way" ..Dennis Hopper and pack of freaks flying in b17 over usa after Vietnam war ..guys haven't landed for years ,they refuel airborne ,and have kinda propaganda TV-station on board :D

[​IMG]

"The Dark Star" 1974 ..John Carperter's 1st long film ..guys are 7 parseks away in a spaceship ,destroying planets ,which have so called 'unstable' lifeforms evolving ,which might some time be a threat to man.LOL a must-see!Contains worlds coolest elevator sequence and interesting philosophical discussion with 'smartbomb' about phenomenology .. :znaika: :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2003
  7. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

LOL, dark star was a blast (though I never seen it sober, it's one of them movies best viewed when stoned ;)). I also laughed my ass off at Evil Dead series and Dead Alive (or was it "brain dead"?). Z-class sci-fi and horror movies rule :D.

As for the best combat movies I'm just finishing to download 2nd CD of Akira Kurosawa's "Seven Samurai". Awesome movie and propably best choreography of fighting scenes with japanese fencing ever caught on film tape. Can't wait to watch the whole movie (only 20mb left to download ;)).

Anyone seen "12 o'clock high"?

8. tralkpha

tralkpha Well-Known Member

hahaha dont forget about the incredibly advanced alien in darkstar
    what a technological marvel that was =)

9. Pinky

Pinky Active Member

Some good movies...

I liked the "Tora, Tora, Tora!" very much. Just see this one, and "Pearl harbour" after that and you recognise some "heroic" characters to appear in both movies, just being displayed in a "slightly" different way. (two pilots taking of at distant base, afro-american navy soldier taking the ack against zeros....) A lot to think about. Pearl harbour is IMHO the propaganda like crap movie, sooooo pathetic.

Anyway, very good movie I was pointed my attention to by my squad mate, Redbull is czech movie shot in 60's named "Skyriders" about a czech bomber crew flying for RAF. I made a VHS rip to divx and translated english subtitles, so if anyone has a fast server to host for others, I would be glad to share. Just let me know.

Pinky

10. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

I think Vedma/Lilija will consider hosting questions of this film.

11. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

cc jac Enemy at The Gates have one of highest places in my film ratings. I have heard its based on true story and the name of the Rusian sniper is Vasilij Zaitsev ( if i speled corectly ). The true is as a sniper Vasilij is recorder in number of kills counting from second world war to newadays. There at Stalingrad he killed about ~150 or so german solders. He vas pronounced Rusian Hero. Later, after the war, i have heard, he got blind coz of kinda desease or somethin..

@ stec: did you se Akira Kurosava's "KAGEMUSHA"? Its very impresive film. Also I remember one Japanese, very old movie that i liked alot, the name was "Dinamit for boat Roterdam".

Last edited: Mar 5, 2003
  12. Cicero

Cicero FH Designer

Did anybody already said: "Memphis Bell" ? :rolleyes:

13. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Nope thats not true.

Check here. This guy was freak of nature.
    http://www.snipercountry.com/ValkoinenKuolema.html

"A member of the 34th Infantry Regiment and a farmer by trade, Simo Hдyhд became a most feared sniper during the 1939-40 (30 November 1939 14 March 1940) Winter invasion of Finland by the Soviet Union. Using nothing more than an iron sighted Mosin-Nagant Model 28, Simo is credited with killing 505 Russians during a nine month period - a feat still unmatched today by any sniper in any conflict. The impact of Simo and men like him forced the Soviets to pay dearly for their transgressions. While Finland lost the Winter war, it cost the Soviets 1,000,000 men killed out of the 1,500,000 man invading force*. The Finns lost a total of 25,000 men in that conflict."

"The name of Zaitsev has become synonymous with snipers at Stalingrad. While many of the German soldiers did not know his name, he set fear and dread into the hearts of those who did and outright desperation in those who only knew of his work. While the political commissars of his time went out of their way to turn him into a hero of the people, his record withstands their propaganda efforts. He is credited with killing 242 German soldiers during the late 1942 siege at Stalingrad. His final count tallied 400 by the end of his service in WWII. His impact on the history of battle can only be surmised but his deeds had to certainly have affected the way his enemy operated. Fear can paralyze and no fear is worse for the average grunt than that of being shot while doing nothing. To the Germans in that cauldron city, Zaitsev represented their doom. Unseen, but certain. Just raise your head above the trench and meet your maker."

http://www.snipercountry.com/sniphistory.htm

Last edited: Mar 5, 2003
  14. Odisseo

Odisseo Well-Known Member

Sure :) i don't think that someon e here din't saw it... btw i remember when i was a child another B17 moovie..but it was from Walt Disney (i think)..all i can remember is the landing scenes, where the below gunner is blocked and one gear don't work...they think all together to smething like a "cartoon gear" and it appear... what was the tittle?

15. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Juma Hдyhд oli jдyhд heppu!! tдnks linkistд

16. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

30 Nov 1939 --- 14 March 1940 give us roughly ~105 days.
    That again telin' us that he was killing 4.9 soldiers per day, what is quiet unbeilvable...

17. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

I guess he had long and boring days without any victim coming into the trap, so he could indulge with beer on the sofa, and others when he was busy harvesting 20-30 people... :)

18. lemmie

lemmie Well-Known Member

My favorite war movie of all time is "The Green Berets" with John Wayne.......not. Probably the worst. :D

Scooby and I saw Dark Blue World here in Seattle about a year ago. In English subtitles, although a lot of English is spoken in the film. Awesome, brilliant movie. We were really impressed at how well the flight scenes were done. I heard that the the film crew shared resources with the Pearl Harbor crew(BOB section w/Afleck) relating to the Spit and 109 footage. I also heard that the Luftwaffe buff footage is actually re-edited footage from the Battle of Britian film. This is definitely the best WWII aircraft movie in 10 years. If you're a Spit lover like me, this is it.

Private Ryan, Grobar- u seen that one yet like I suggested long time ago? Possible the best I have seen ever.

Scoob and I saw Enemy at the Gates together as well and really liked it a lot-in fact saw it twice. I'm not a big fan of Ed Harris, but he beautifully executes the role of the Nazi sniper. Biz, your right about the mummy actress- her ass is so fine......

The recent Bruce Willis film about the POWs in the Nazi prison camp is so so, about a 6. Way different plot than I expected, sort of interesting. It my be worth renting just to see the P-51 shoot down the 109 that has the POWs cheering like a street fight and then crashes into the camp.

Dark Blue World rules.

Lem :kruto:

19. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

"Apocalypse Now"
    Definitely movie to se.
    Marlon Brando, Robert Duvall, Martin Sheen, Frederick Forrest, Dennis Hopper, Harrison Ford...

20. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

Apocalypse now