question about how this will work

Discussion in 'Scenario / Tournament / Squad missions' started by lazarus, Mar 5, 2003.

1. lazarus

lazarus Member

To the best of your knowledge, right now, of course ;*)

(I understand that this part 1 will be a lot of chaos)

I see that Allied will have 4 targets, F14,15,16,18.

1. What fields will Allied have available to take off from?

2. Verify that "enemy" planes will NOT display any ID?

3. Forgive my ignorance, but what is "killshooter - off"?

4. Will Axis be able to take off from fields other than F14,15,16,18?

5. With only 2 hours to capture all 4 fields, will the mission briefing by the Allied CO take up that time or will there be a meeting before the scenario begins?

6. Confirm that WBTRN002 will be used so we can be looking at the maps and flying in the SA.

I appreciate your time is taken up by all this planning. Our squadron has had a little trouble moving through the registering but we will survive it. ;*)

I was going to email, but thought that others may have these same questions in mind.

Regards,

F/Lt. Lazaru
    Operations Officer
    312th CZ RAF VFS

2. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

1. RAF squadrons can operate from any field in England. Allied CO will decide before scenario which squadron will operate from which airfield and we will set plane availability to match it.

2. CC, no ID on nme planes (I wanted no icons at all for enemy planes but unfortunately it's impossible).

3. Killshooter redirects all your hits scored on friendly plane into your own. In scenario this feature will be disabled (friendly fire will be possible).

4. Luftwaffe squadrons can take off from any field in France (same rules as RAF).

5. There will be no field "capturing". There will be no cargo planes in my scenarios at all (except "market-garden" which I also have ready on my hdd ;)) because field capturing is one of the biggest BS you can imagine in online flight sims.
    Also attacking all fields is not obligatory. RAF can focus on attacking only one field or even they can only play with fighters and win by score only with air to air kills. Also closing attacked field is not obligatory (though it gives RAF great bonus in scenario score), score is counted for every ground structure destroyed on one of the target airfields.

6. WBTRN002 is the map we will use in scenario.

Hope that helped :) Pls don't hesitate to post your questions, advices and remarks here, I'll be glad to answer them all :)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2003
  3. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

I do know nothing! But in my opinion:

1: Stec will mail the orders to the CO. They can mail to all pilots (via the registration site).

2: Maybe the Range. I hope you can test it on the Scenario-Arena right now, because Stec was setting it up (last weekend).

3: If you are shooting on a plane of your own country, you will not get damaged, but he. (Not killing the shooter.)

5: The registration Period should and on March, 13th. Than the sides will be balanced. I think most Pilots will get their slot in 5 hours, but maybe I mail the CO of each Side, which Pilots he want as Flight Leaders. Or I mail the Squad-Leader, if they all want together in a empty group (109e or hurricane?), or if they want to split. Maybe I have to wait 20 hours for their answer.

6: I can confirm WBTRN002, because stec was using it with me together. The Filename on the FH-Downloadpageis "bobtrn.exe (2808KB)".

"trouble moving through the registering": Sorry for that. It would be helpful, if you let me know your problems. And if you ever wrote something, that was helpful for your friends, I can take it on my FAQ-List.

4. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

stec, have you tested FF (friendly fire) with killshooter off? are you sure friends will take dmg?
    imho, i think thats a bad thing, considering its a scenario :-\

5. lazarus

lazarus Member

smoke enabled

Don't know if this is an oversite, but smoke is enabled in the SA.

Just thought someone should know in case it needs to be disabled.

Blue skies....

F/Lt. Lazaru
    Operations Officer
    312th CZ RAF VFS

6. dyer

dyer Well-Known Member

Some more questions

I would like to know if the radar range are also reduced as it was in BoB or we'll be able to see everyone on radar as soon as they take off from their field.

Also, I was wondering if there will be some kind of forum for each side to discuss some tactics and to (eventully) choose a CO and flight leaders.

Another thing: will the fuel consumption of the planes be increased or it stays as it is in the main arena?

A big WTG to all of you who planned this and I hope it turns out being a huge success!

7. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

Re: Some more questions

120 Pilots are registered here.
    You can choose, how much you want to be CO or FL.
    And the pilot can send a email to his FL or CO;
    the FL can mail all of his pilots;
    the CO can mail of of his side;
    the CO can upload a HTML-Dokument, that can be viewed by his Pilots (after the Registration-Period).
    the CO can see, which pilot took a look on this document.

But it's all not ready and it may be buggy.

8. Morfeo

Morfeo Member

Re: Re: question about how this will work

Hi!
    I've downloaded the map,but when i try to install it,the program say that i have to reinstall Warbirds because it can't be located by the installer of the terrain..
    What can i do????
    Tnx ;)