Vulching

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Ben, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Ben

Ben Active Member

Why is vulching frowned upon? I vulched someone with my P-40 and he said that people like me ruin the game and that I'm a bad person. :( Although this hurt, why should I feel bad if I disabled a plane before it became a threat. I'm sure a real pilot would have done the same. I think it's the whiners that ruin games

2. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    Vulching is part of the game. SOme guys play and think being vulched on takeoff is a bad thing. Others think being vulched while landing is a bad thing. In the game of Warbirds, being vulched while landing is often considered impolite, because it is some poor bastard trying to land after a succesful mission and trying to get his points. But vulching a guy who is taking off is no big deal to most players. If the guy who said this thing to you was taking off, he is just a newbie and too fresh to know one thing from the other.

If you have the time and can distinguish between a speck on the runway taking off and a speck on the runway landing, then try and not shoot at the speck that is landing.

If you don't have time and are just screaming by while being shot at by ten other guys, hell with it, shoot whatever the hell you feel like it. No one dies for real anyway.

When I am in a jam and I have ten guys chasing me around and shooting me to pieces, I generally do not take good long looks to see if the speck is landing or taking off, if it is within my frontal aspect, I am liable to shoot at it as I fly by just to get some licks in before I am shot down by the ten guys chasing me. If it was a guy landing, I am sorry, if it was a guy taking off, I could give a shit, really.

Again, if you have the time to be careful about who you shoot at, be nice to the guy landing his plane, if you don't have the time to be choosey about which speck you take a shot at, don't sweat it, it is a game. :D

3. tipiss

tipiss Well-Known Member

I totaly agree with you!!! FH is even at the point that PK's are baaaaaadddd!!! you either a cheater or a bastard if it happens.

You also have chutkillers... ooohhhh he killed my chute. What I love to do is once every week I shoot a chute.. but wait! I only shoot when it's iin my territory, what does that mean? that I shoot him or not, he gets killed, he losses is streak because he is in ENEMY TERRITORY! it's so funny hearing them cry on the main channel, cause when you think about it, the were dead anyway!

And their are the people who are realisme fanatics and say that it was not like that in the war, this game should be played with honor... well I wasn't bron during WW2 but beleive me... worse things happened then chutkilling!!! And I think a lot of our friends here could tell us things that happened to their families because of war.

sry if I pissed somebody, but I tought I could help you understand something. If in this WAR GAME you coundn't kill chutes, you couldn't vulch, you couldn't have pilot kills, you couldn't get the nick that you want, say what you think.... well I think this game would have been called MARIO BROS FLIES or something like that!

:kruto:

4. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

Today half of my kills were pk's :rolleyes:
    There isn't much more to shoot at if u want to score in p-40b ;)

Noone complained :D

I play for fun, for sport. I don't mind being vulched at take off (I just ask to be killed ;)), but don't like being shot at when I'm not a threat anymore (for example in chute). I'll bitch only if it ruins my streak thou and don't take it seriously, I just have to vent my anger :shuffle:

This is a war game, and I accept what people do (even killstealing, which I don't like) as long as there is no cheating or exploiting flaws of the game (like ackstarring), but it doesn't force me to do the same. I prefer good, fair fight...

5. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

Some ppl could learn this courtesy when targetting transports that are landing at a field that has just been capped.

Before it is capped is a different story( they are still a threat), but after it is just some (_*_) trying to get an easy kill.

On the rare occasions that I fly fighters, I will not shoot at a landing transport if the field has just been capped. Since I mostly fly transports myself, I like to give the courtesy that I hope they will give me when roles are reversed.

Regards, Oz

6. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

1. don't vulch on scenario and test arenas until it's allowed by rules or mutual aggreement.
    so i suppose you're talking about main arena.

2. you vulched another taking-off novice like you.
    on this microscopic terain that novice should take-off next field without further whines. even on biggest wbmedrl3 he has no right to complain about it, since it's his own tactical error or risk.

3. you only vulching, avoiding fights on equal. that begins smelling bad, but is still legal.

4. you killed landing survivor of friend's attack. that's IN MY HUMBLE OPINION (IMHO) smells bad already.

5. you overreact usual heated game communications.

anyways, look at http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12631&highlight=chute

7. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Re: Re: Vulching

Hi Exec,

>4. you killed landing survivor of friend's attack. that's IN MY HUMBLE OPINION (IMHO) smells bad already.

If I'm the friend, shoot at anything that survives my attack, please!

In general, beat the enemy every way you can.

Shooting bailing pilots is against the Geneva convention though and can get your court martialed. (He's beaten anyway, so why even bother?)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

8. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

kill em taking off, kill em landing, but never shoot a chute. that is unless the chute is shooting at you. then it tells me he still has fight left in him. now although i have never purposely killed a chute, i hold the option if i see him firing his pistol at me. if i see a transport whether he is attempting too or has just captured my field, he is going to get 12mm or 20mm enema. it's risky business in those lunky planes. so exit aircraft as fast as you can. other wise have your will ready and your insurance paid up :)

9. thrapt

thrapt Well-Known Member

Someone correct me please but shouldn't be a chance of not being captured when bailing in enemy territory? I heard about this once... or Am I terrible wrong?

10. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

What are you teaching folks?!

On training arena it's a bad idea to kill everything what you see. Don't mess into other's trainings unless you are allowed to. Follow scenario rules on scenario arena, or you'll be kicked.
    :D

11. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

yeah, sure, while yo're falling on chute type .hmack. This will give you a jeep pulled from backpack, and you can drive to home :D

12. Priest

Priest Well-Known Member

Sure vulching is not consired illegal action, but it's not good sportmanship.

Only time I vulch taking off cons, is when field is attacked by _raid_, reason is simple: they are going to be threat to our success. Even then I do not kill planes that are landing or dithing because they are not threat to you or to mission anymore, and there are probably better targets to your bullets, or at least save them..

Good example was just yesterday, when big red jabo raid attacked f14 with alt advantage against some 5 defenders.. we tried to escape fight and ditch, but those pilots just keep spraying and trying to kill us, i managed to ditch with two spits my 6, sorry that I didnt get manouver kill from them to see who they were... Well needless to say that raid was unable to close field. Must admit a big part for that raid to fail was that we took hmacks and got easy kills when they circled low&slow over field.

Killing chutes is imo strictly forbidden. I say, kick player from arena if he kills chute. Let the lost sortie be punishment from such action.

I think we all should remember, that it's real person flying out there, not some computer controlled planes. Why intentionally try to provoke him with such low actions? Well unless of course, if you are mentally ill..

Just wondering, how many here can say, he has NEVER shooted intentionally plane landing.

13. Mach-1

Mach-1 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Hummm its very polemic topic :)

Personal, i no like Vounch attack... but many times is necessary for claer one field for JU/Li begin your run for tower....

Im my conception, exist only one tatic anti-vounch... don't use field over attack for take-off, use outher field, get alt & go to CAP for field in question..... simple, no bad msgs in ch100 :)

Salute all

14. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

First of all, welcome Ben.

As you see, there isn't really 'right' or 'wrong' here. It's only personal opinions. So it's up to you to construct your own ROE. I'll give my as example.

1- Attack only when the target is a thread. That excludes ditching/landing planes or damaged ones that gave up the fight to rtb, specially if they gave me a good fight.
    2- Taking off planes are usually no thread at first. They become threads if: I'm or comrades are attacking the field, or if it begins to climb and trying to intercept me.
    3- Chutes are no threads, so I don't fire at them.
    4- If you badly damaged and is trying to ditch with cons on your 6 and they kill you, it's your mistake, you shouldn't allow to get damaged or you should had bailed.
    5- If you landing and a con aproachs you to kill, it's your mistake again. You should had checked the area and be sure that it's clear.
    6- If you are taking off and a con kills you, you should had choosen another field to take off.
    7- Always treat your oponent with honour and respect, unless his acts shows that he doesn't deserve it.
    8- All my four MG151/20 should converge to the target's main fuel cell, or the cockpit :)

I think it's all here, If I remember anything else I'll post.

15. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

this is IMHO for MA:

a) vultching planes that take off:
    1. not so fun for obvious reasons, and there are always acks. so its a tactical mistake for the attacker, putting his plane into unnecessary risk. if there are no acks, then the field has great chance of being captured, and for that, cons must not be present in any form.
    2. its a risk that the defender decided to take - he has the option of taking off at some peaceful field. the only price is the time necessary, but you still get the bonus of arriving above the attackers.
    summary: ok, because either its a risk both sides must take, or the field has chances of being captured.

b) vultching landing planes:
    1. when i fight a plane, my mission is to render his plane useless. if he decides to land in the middle of the fight, my mission is still up. if he wants to take the risk of landing under my gunfire, ok. otherwise, he can simply bail, staying alive and completing my mission at the same time.
    2. if i wasnt fighting the plane, its not now that ill engage him - best to do is wait for a decent target. also, acks are a risk i do not like.
    summary: depends. if defender tries to land during fight, ok. if attacker tries to kill during landing of plane that he wasnt fighting, not ok.

c) vultching ditching planes:
    basically same as b).

d) killing chutes:
    summary: basically not ok. because:
    1. 99% of times, you cannot be absolutely sure someone else damaged him. that means you can end up stealing a kill in an unfair manner in 99% of times.
    2. if you are sure he wasnt attacked, and are over enemy territory, you are killing his pilot when he could have survived - you gain nothing more, and he loses much more. you are just pissing off another person for nothing. here i agree with priest's conclusion on this matter.
    3. if you are sure he wasnt attacked, and are over friendly territory, not much of a difference. but its almost impossible to know he wasnt attacked at all.
    summary: 99% of times not ok.

16. Cicero

Cicero FH Designer

I don't have read this thread, cause I can't see this topic anymore. :mad:

One word: Vulching in every case in very unsportive, 'cause its no really opponent, its like murdering a sleeping person (before he wakes up and can murder you). I see in WB a little piece of sport, or 'knight battles' like it is written on main HP. So I want to give my opponent a fair chance to fight with me. IMHO it makes more fun with an equal opponent. But thats only my oppinion and so I just don't vulch. If others do, well then they are no sportsmen. Nothing I can do about, or say against their behavior. They only show what they are, if they do like they do. ;)

Enough 'one word's... :rolleyes:

17. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

I just want to make some coments. Sure it is stupid to roll from an attacked field and any pilot should avoid taking off from that area, but... that P40 was alone over a BIG field not attacking just flying around and the only purpose was to vulch and suicide in the acks! That kind of vulching is really anoying and un sporty.
    And it ruins the fun to the people who try to keep the streak and to fly as real as possible.

Certainly the plan to make planes available to pilots according to the streak is a bad option to control the number of planes with people just messing around without a purpose.

I think I made my point, sorry for my english tho.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2003
  18. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

hmmm, a good vulcher shoud be complimented on his skills rather than downgraded.

A good vulcher is the one you don't see until you're dead regardless of whether you've just taken off, been flying for 10 minutes, gone to the toilet or are in the middle of a dogfight.

A good vulcher is also the one who kills you without being seen and then kills you again the second time you take off and look out for him, again without being seen. Then the third time you go look for him he's gone elsewhere.

A good vulcher always gets PK's on you.

A vulcher dosn't collide with you.

it's not a vulcher if you're not dead 1st pass

It's not a vulcher if you see him.

I consider myself a good vulcher. (The above statements of a vulcher rule out killing ditching cons and landing cons (if in range of acks))

:)

Malino

19. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

"Welcome to the war, gentlemen! Expect bullets in the pattern!" ;)

20. Ben

Ben Active Member

Hey, Space. I'm pretty sure it was you I vulched and I want to start off by saying sorry. I don't like it when people don't like me. You were all shot up and heading to base so I let you land. I knew you'd respawn soon at that same base even though I was in a fast moving P-40 which is more manueverable than your 109 (unwise decision on your part, IMHO). You would have easily been killed (sorry if I sound arrogant, I don't want to). As predicted, you did respawn and I was low on fuel so I decided to make a quick kill before RTB. The AAA did get me right after if that makes you feel any better. I'm sorry if my decision ruined the game for you but there is no reason to insult me over a dumb game. In combat, someone will ALWAYS have an advantage over the other. It is the vulched persons fault for putting himself in that disadvantaged position and therefore, however evil this may sound, should pay the price.