Ukraine

Discussion in 'Warbirds General Discussion' started by vasco, Feb 21, 2022.

1. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Aber warum sprechen Polen Deutsch?
    Kannst du mir sagen?

2. Dornil

Dornil Well-Known Member

Probably they are. But I am not talking about justification, I am talking about potential consequences.
    Exactly! These are not just some measures imposed by foreign political leaders. It seems as it is becoming "fashionable" to do something like this, like "If I am a good citizen, I must condemn and deny everything and everyone Russian, even if I did not even know where that Ukraine was located up until recently". And for the Russian citizen this is starting to feel like he/she is down, and everybody is just piling up and trampling. The response is predictable too: "Ok, they all now see me (me specifically!) as their mortal enemy, and I can no longer do anything about it - after all, nobody promised that the sanctions will be lifted if and when Putin is gone. So, I can either lay down and die, or I can muster all my strength to try and survive, AND defend myself from those, who consider me their enemy".
    You know, history knows another country, whose suffering was perceived as justified and well-earned - Germany after WWI. Remember what rose from the ashes of Vesailles Treaty two decades later? This just may happen again, but this time it will come equipped with nuclear capabilities of its predecessor. Putin is not Hitler yet - he is more like Kaiser Wilhelm II, who challenged the world and lost. But whoever comes after Putin may well become just that.
    Make no mistake - I am not bragging or threatening like my other compatriots here. This is the last thing I would want to happen. Before recently we were living in an authocratic, but still somewhat hopeful country. Now we will degrade into purely totalitarian and desperate one. And you will have to live just next to it.

vasco likes this.
  3. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Let's hope the world will treat Russia more wiser than they treated Germany after WW1.
    We're all wiser, I'm sure. And I think we feel more integrated to the world than any other generation before us. Even when we shout crap on forums at each other.

hezzey and Dornil like this.
  4. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Let us hope so.
    Russia defaulted on interest on its 2024 issue of bonds today.
    This technically means they're now bankrupt (at least in the eyes of foreign investors).

Now it will take their economy years to recover - not from the direct economic consequences (which will be severe), but from the loss of trust.
    Foreign capital does not care much about children shot in the streets, it never did.
    But a credit default is a crime that they won't forget soon.

hezzey likes this.
  5. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Very well described
    :D

Edit
    I've just checked and it's for real!
    Even better! :D
    The right man for the 21st century.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
  6. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

There it is - Ukrainian terrorism

Warning - graphic images

(Summary in case twitter is banned - Russian soldier is winning)

7. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Interview with a journalist from Bellingcat, on the data that proved Putin was preparing for war.
    Watch the first minutes at least.
    Quite interesting, even if he's an evil Bulgarian Westerner.

8. mcgru-

mcgru- Well-Known Member

so nobody was killed in that action? good to hear!

9. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

More than 2000 Ukrainian civilians died since the "special operation" started.
    Which is not nobody.

10. mcgru-

mcgru- Well-Known Member

i meant "in that case"

proofs on total numbers?
    1. zelenskii gave 20.000 automated guns to everybody! so that's just a simple criminal (maroders).
    2. some "civilians" who throw "Molotov cocktails" become combatants immediately.
    3. VSU self fire
    4. probably 20-30 real civilians died from RF. pity.

11. Dornil

Dornil Well-Known Member

I am surprised to see how certain are both sides of this argument about what they think they know. I mean, come on! None of us sees the full picture now. There is war (special operation, if you prefer) going on, haven't you heard that "Truth is the first casualty in war”? All information channels are now full of fakes, false claims and utter lies, coming from both warring parties alike. Whatever scraps of faithful information we see is anyway strongly biased one way or the other. Be reasonable and avoid hasty conclusions.

12. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

But "that case" was used as an argument for the war.

How did you come up with the 20-30 figure? Really, did you see the pictures with the destroyed buildings? Those are homes, schools, hospitals.
    Come on, at least keep some values alive, don't automatically defend this madness.

13. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

The amount of damage is too big to matter anymore if in reality it was half or even a tenth of it. It just shows the horror of what Putin is doing.
    Hell, the first day of it was enough, there's no excuse for any of it.
    It's not about precisely counting the number of victims. It's about acknowledging the "special operation" has killed, without justification, a huge number of civilians. And condemning it.
    Should we wait for historical research first?

14. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

It's not Ukraine that invaded Russia, but Russia that invaded Ukraine.
    Or did I miss something?

Economic update:
    Bosch, Coca-Cola, Hyundai (5th biggest engine manufacturing plant worldwide), Mars, Nissan, Procter & Gamble and Toyota announced that they are closing their plants in St. Petersburg.

15. Flk

Flk Well-Known Member

Эти дебилы в упор не замечают 8 лет убийств людей на востоке 404.

mcgru- likes this.
  16. Dornil

Dornil Well-Known Member

No, it's about how many civilians/soldiers have been killed on either side and who exactly fired <weapon name> on whom.

17. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Well - there were no OSCE reports on "alleged atrocities" of Ukrainians for the last 8 years.
    It is the mafia crew of Donetsk and Lugansk who's responsible for most of suffering of those people.

Got a friend in Poltava, who has friends in Kharkiv.
    Sent me some videos (you won't be able to watch them - you're censored) of an apartment building hit by Grad missiles today.
    How can you fire a 50+ year old MRLS system like Grad, with no accurate targeting mechanism to hit residential areas?
    That's a war crime.

Another short clip circulating the news here is how the fascist invaders attempted to "liberate" an electronic store in Kherson (kinda reminded me of the story of watch of my grandfather's brother, which got "liberated" in July 1944, together with my home city - Lublin). By the way - did you know that the NKVD set a prison camp for Home Army personel, using the fascist Majdanek concentration camp to do so? A lot of people still remember you that.

There's another clip - with the fascist liberators firing at a monument in Буча (and failing to hit it - hitting a lamp post instead) :)

18. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Good news everybody!
    You will hear it in the morning (or, unfortunately, mourning for some families in Russia).
    The western wind blows to wipe the fascists invaders from Kiev.
    If the preliminary reports are just half true... Russia has just lost at least one brigade.

The social media (the ones you are blocked to view) also show the Jewish survivors of WW2 once again hiding from fascists in Kiev underground (and voicing their opinion on that - most of them are 90-ish, and never expected to have to hide from fascists again).

19. -Shai-

-Shai- Well-Known Member

looks like Poland really wants to be next for denazification and demilitarisation...
    аж кушать не может как сильно хочет, чтоб уебали и разравняли

mcgru- and Flk like this.
  20. jfm

jfm Well-Known Member

relax, not all Poles are against. I fully support your way to make CCCP again.
    Putin Forever

-Shai- and mcgru- like this.