USA vs. IRAK

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Benjamin8, Mar 20, 2003.

?

Is USA's attack to Irak ok?

1. yes

23 vote(s)
    16.8%
  2. no

105 vote(s)
    76.6%
  3. who cares

9 vote(s)
    6.6%
  1. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

"Within our own country, we're taking unprecedented
    measures to protect the American people against
    a serious and continuing danger."

? G. W. Bush

2. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

3. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

lol spaceb, you must be an islamic extremist. i see your propaganda. and i ain't buying it at all. but at the same token, it is nice to see all freely putting thier opinions up. whether government backed or not. go MOAB ;) just please innocent people stay clear. also unfortunate is saddam using human shields. it is a shame to use hospitals and schools as military/command posts. but then again just as bad as waving white flags to surrender, then opening fire on the troops that are willing to give mercy. real good conduct thier. don't you agree ?? lol well i do hope saddam has a month or 2 of depends under garments. i hope he's shitting bricks so he can build his own tomb!!

4. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

well bizerk - you can't win a war against ppl who don't want to be defeated. you can just occupy their territory and oppress them and they will be doing dirty tricks - this is what is happening there (of course it is not honest - but you would do the same if nation you hate most come to your country) and you will be doing another dirty tricks to counter their dirty tricks and so on. But in result - your acts will be considered as evil ones, acts of ppl who are doing these dirty tricks with devotion to their independence and freedom will be consider as OK ones -- just like in Vietnam

no bright celebration of liberation is going on - US stepped into shit - after all they are not fighting S.H. (as they claimed) in Iraq but people - and there's no way to defeat people by war means

5. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

So you have the power to give mercy to those stupid silly dumb Iraqi peasants that aren't worth an American .223 Remington bullet?

It seems to me you are the one's that deceived as well, you take the American news coverage as the truth for granted, the things you state are not backed by other sources AFAIR, and in case of a war on US soil (which has never happened against a foreign power (make not of US soil, not American soil)), you would resort to tactics like that as well...

greetze, Zembla

6. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

It was before they called them the Holy Crusaders of Albania (in Kosovo)...

oh well, I don't think you can cover up that something went wrong there, why would a nation attack an ethnic minority as a defensive move...?

BTW I'm not intent on discussing about yet ANOTHER war

greetze, Zembla

7. devill

devill Well-Known Member

OK. The Serb-Albanian history is long and complex. And that war is just like debating about whats older: chicken or egg.
    No point really.
    But, I still have to point something out: albanian minority is rebelling everywhere they live, which includes Montenegro and Macedonia. Greece has made a smart move after WW2, they exchanged greek people that lived in albania for albanians from greece. So now they dont have problems with them because there arent many albanians left in greece.

8. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

@heartc, you are paranoic about anti-americanism. im american.

why do all pro-war use the hit & run tactic?
    one says "you'll just have to bare our actions!" and never shows up again. the other calls me a hypocrit on the same post he says he wont ever return to the subject.
    im sure ronin will agree with me on this one: STAY AND TURNFIGHT! :D

Last edited: Mar 30, 2003
  9. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

:@prayer:

10. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

so i suppose its ok to use your own people as human shields. oh please its a pussy tactic! just another example of saddam and his hench men totally disregarding his own peoples lives. war was inevitable since the idiot saddam, wasn't finnished off in the first gulf war. no one wanted war then. but as soon as he waved the white flag it was okay. the idiot saddam was laughing the whole time since the first gulf war. and not just at america but the whole u.n. which is a joke pretty much these days. get your heads outof your asses and stick to the resolutions. i cant believe im actually argueing with turncoats anyways. most in this thread can't decide what color here at the FH to fly for in the arena. i wouldn't be surprised to see golds shoot thier own people/co-pilots. or use human shields for base defense.

11. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Biz, don't mix serious things with "FH-colourism".

Do you really think that if people were suporting the invasion they would join Iraq's forces ? Iraquis are coming from nearby countries to join them. I'm not talking about not-helping-invasion-forces-because-of-fear, but actually joining the other side. I'm sure most iraquis don't like Saddam's reign of terror, but they sure don't want outsiders messing with their bussiness.
    I see so much demagogy in this war arguments. First it was to destroy mass destruction weapons, than to destroy the devil-incarnated (good vs evil), now to "free" the iraqui population by killing them... It is just the product of some serious sick minds, with really distorted views of reality. Specially the reality that is thousands of kilometers away.

12. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

most likely those people from other countries are brain washed, either by saddam, or they are extremeist. most likey they are fighting because it's getting harder and harder to find a spot to train for terrrorism. and it most likely thestart of a holy war, if so, bringit on. through out history howmany wars havebeen fought over because of religions. i myself not a religious person, but most all religions have goodwisdom in them and also alotof bullshit too. if you ask me i think religion is for theweak minded, or possibly a nice word for organised crime, with occational good deeds from time to time. so it's nothing outof the ordinary for them to shout holy war etc etc. maybe if they didn't have a religion they wouldn't have to fight. saddam what religion is he? hmmm weapons of mass destruction, kills his own people if they blink or look remotely happy. the people will be liberated, then a government they choose will rule them. yes i am sure u.s. soldiers will be thier for a bit, but i am definately sure they will be scaled down. thiswar should have been over in 91, instead we all twittled our thumbs. saddams days are numbered, and it will be better with him gone, hehad his chances to come clean and rule in a decent way. but he has a big head and thick too. so only one option remained. some may say thier were 2 options but the second still left that region and the world in the same danger it is now that the process of removing him is under way

13. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Last edited: Mar 31, 2003
  14. wulfie

wulfie Well-Known Member

This Is What I Think About Bush

Hello this may wrong or right of me but this is what i think about bush!!!!! what goes around comes around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and this is what bush will get !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wulfie :joystick:
    Dam joystick stuck again

Attached Files:

15. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

huh.... :(

Brings me in mind what some people said in USSR.

So they would just sit in place and get bombed voluntarily? I doubt that.

When they (some kurdish groups) joined Iran in battle against Irak Saddam used indeed nerve gases against them. Nerve gases were supplied by USA. USA didn't critisize this action at time (unlike most other countries.) With new interests in area - saddam is enemy rather than friend now they have found this reason again.
    Saddam has certainly done bad things, but not in extent FOX news portrays it.

Tell me how? What happens to Kurds, Shiites, Sunnites, Assyrians etc.? Iraq is made up coutry. People there don't consider themselves Iraquis.

It's a huge problem. And everyone who has been there agrees that balance definetely can't be brought by war.

Because there is simply no balance in area and etnic minorities arent happy with eachother im confident US troops will be there for next 10 years. Propably to secure oil interests, next 50 years.

Oh did he? I thought certain coutry pushed for war no matter what.

I think this war will bring danger to the world. Already 1 generation of Iraquis has been wiped out/moved abroad as result of last gulf war.

Most of Iraqui people are now under 15 years old. These children have grown up in poverty resulted from UN sanctions. And grown up with bombs falling on them.

They never saw rich well faring Iraq(80s).

Not hard to think who will be future terrorists.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2003
  16. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Really Illo? Where did you hear that, on Al-Jazeera? ;)

Seriously tho, that is just a complete falsehood. Whilst Iraq was subject to the (legitimate) sanctions in the 90s, the UN carried out a 'food for oil' programme which could have fed most if not all Iraqis, if Saddam so wished. In addition, there was enough income in to Iraq from whatever sources to allow Saddam to rebuild the palaces that were destroyed in '91, why the hell didnt he use that to feed his people??

Perhaps a statement like ' These children have grown up in poverty which they may feel resulted from UN sanctions' would have been nearer the truth. However, that is all the more reason for us now to get rid of him. With his propaganda, if he is allowed to continue he WILL turn all young Iraqis in to Muslim martyrs by feeding them just half of the lies which circulate.

-glas-

17. Priest

Priest Well-Known Member

Well then they are quite even. I consider US bombing, fighting from distance where they cannot be countered and calling airsupport as soon as enemy is spotted "pussy tactic" - as you but it.

18. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Hmmmm cant agree with that mate. Using your greater technological powers to subdue or kill the enemy is quite different to using human shields to protect your armed forces.

Especially when you consider they have the advantage of fighting in their own backyards. We would be asking for trouble by not using the weaponry available to us.

-glas-

19. Priest

Priest Well-Known Member

Their only advantage is to use cover you can't attack, ie. civilians and civilian infrastructure.

Of course you can use your superior technology against them, but don't blame (and call pussy) them about taking the only cover they have.

Yes their own backyards literally.

Aint you asking trouble anyway by attacking.. Hope you can stand the consequences

20. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Yes, we are probably inviting trouble by taking the action we are. That said, surely it gives some indication of the depth of feeling in this country towards the war that, regardless of the fact we are placing ourselves at risk, we are willing to go through with it on the assumption that the world will be a better place because of it.

That is my feeling, and many others i know, on the situation. Attacks on our country would probably only serve to strengthen the resolve, if history is anything to go by.

-glas-