Nazism

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Pikaxu, Apr 15, 2003.

1. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

hi jacobe,

i didn't want to comment communism... i only had no idea about the sense and whatfor communism has been mentioned in hemuli's post :confused:

thx for the link :)
    i've known the page, since it ranks mostly first in web-search results (oh, how i still love books :rtfm: ) - which also shows, what other groups still use the swastika as a symbol with strong value...

reading some of the most visited links in search-results confirms me the more in my attitude towards symbols, which i have in parts told before.

whoever needs spiritual or represantative symbols can always do in private circles. if symbols have changed or been given additional, negative meanings - which in this case were and still are of lowest ethics, beside a maybe positive, ancient (!) value - banning them from public demonstration is legitimate, imo.

personally i am also sure, historical symbols (representing eg traditional, still existing groups like nations) won't be needed in some future.

what a symbol represents (if 'good' or 'bad') will or should anyway not disappear with it, but regarding things more abstract may show us better what we are...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2003
  2. hemuli

hemuli Well-Known Member

Just count the billions murdered in genosides and ethnic clensings. Itґs estimated that Stalin murdered some 200 billion people. That makes Hitler look like a boy-scout and communism worse than nazism. Remember Pol Pot? Or Mao Tse Tung? Again billions sacrificed for "the people". For those who canґt read: Iґm NOT defending of supporting Nazism, Hitler or ANY kind of dictatorship (like in Cuba or North Korea)!

[​IMG]

hemuli

3. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

I'd bet the swastika on the Boeing traces it's roots to the head-dress of the Indian that graced the sides of SPADs and Neiuports flown by the Lafeyette Flying Corps

4. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

hi hemuli,

i haven't doubted your attitude towards nazism, it didn't come to my mind, you will support any of that ideas. i am very sorry, if i was read thatlike. :(

i hope i won't fail too much in the words...
    i didn't want to say that the meanings of swastika have not been positive mostly before (and in parts after) the nazi-regime. it is about symbols and how they often have been created due to a lack of abstraction. what value symbols have for individuals is not the talk...
    but if the meaning of a symbol has changed or added a different morality once, the use in public may of course also change.

for your picture:
    what the swastika has meant in it will never change! because it has happened and the picture can be watched and the story be read. nothing lowers the worth.

but even now the swastika is abused mostly as represantative symbol by groups of lowest ethics. and how difficult is it to teach the young the difference: which swastika is symbolizing ancient, religious means (or the means in your photo) and which are represanting the still believers in a dark episode?

and again to communism (where i didn't want to discuss my opinion):
    i wanted to know, why you mentioned it in the subject swastika. the swastika represented the party of self-called "national-sozialisten" - which has been the 'slogan' for the fascism as main ideology - later the whole "reich". this variation of fascism is over, fascism not.
    what is communism? dictatorship? equal classes? is it marxism, leninism, stalinism, maoism... some variations of theory are well existing, some symbols also, which may they be? red?
    what is the choice? democracy? capitalism? most for the individual? what means what and what are the symbols?

well, sry for so long :zzz:
    but i hope not to be misunderstood

5. tpak

tpak Well-Known Member

Man are you insane? :)
    200 billions of victims... Stalin must be took Russia in his hands for few thouthends years at least? :)
    Do you realize that today in this world living only 6 billions? :)

God, i can't belive that people such hemuli is trying to write down some "clever" things. It's imposible. :D

6. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

Rough estimate for total number of homo sapiens throughout history is ~ 10 billion. Stalin was one baaad dude, but I bet he didn't bang as many dames as Wilt Chamberlain

7. zh

zh Well-Known Member

Even if u meant 200 millions u were wrong too.
    If he did it USSR was desert w/out any humans.
    Wrong facts - wrong thoughts - bad results.

8. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

LOL HEMULI!!!! :)

The line "You still think swastikas look cool? In the real 4th reich YOU will be the first to go!" comes from the song "Nazi Punks Fuck Off!" by the Dead Kennedies, as later covered by Napalm Death.

That's where the Napalm Death T-shirt I attached came from. :)

The swastika was used in MANY civilisations and religions, including the Fins, the Hindus and others.

9. tpak

tpak Well-Known Member

Because it's came from India.

10. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Your idiot corporal decided to take our old semi-national symbol for his semi-religious means. OK you guys used the symbol and now you think it's ruined. WTG Thanks!!!

I think its very nice symbol which represents much from our history. You collective bad feeling of your reich and any religious plays of that stupid corporal has bit taken over you.

11. hemuli

hemuli Well-Known Member

That never crossed my mind, it was pointed towards others "fourth reich" ETC. morons.

I may have typoed billion as million, but still thatґs a LOT of murdering...

hemuli

12. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

get your relatives cleared

hi illo,

if you want to quote me and in the same post, obviously adressed to me so, shouting polemic phrases in enraged manner... then better choose your words tell your problems anybody else.

anyway i don't see any worth in a single word by you, not in "your corporal", not in "our symbol", and not in "ruined our symbol". i dion't know how you handle the use of the symbol in your society and i don't care.

i don't know, what makes you think of using "your corporal" when talking to me... i have given away my 2 nationalities for the international passport 12 years ago now, but that is not anything me or you should bother. it says nothing about how i regard the world i live in...

but what bothers me are your low-fair shouts here, which lack any reason! :mad:

i made it clear, at least i hoped so, that i appreciate a lot when history including the pictures stays in mind!
    but if that's all for you, it won't be for me!
    when you rate "nice, semi-national" symbols higher than the risk of their (partially) changed meaning, i don't!

i am very disappointed :eek:

13. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

hi sebbo,

something came to my mind, when i read about your t-shirt and those "dead kennedies" :mafia:

after a search in my flat i found a relict... :)
    if you would like to listen to the lard-thingie, it's a 4mb download

14. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

It's not so old.Finns took swastika from SWEDISH baron's family symbol to tribute his contribution to finnish airforce.LOL what a shame ...:D Glad FAF got rid of it. :cheers:

15. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Symbols...

Attached Files:

16. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Attached Files:

17. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Probably the most popular symbol in these modern times.

Malino

18. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Yeah, swastika used by the ancient Greeks too!

In the pic is a coin from 450 B.C.

19. BarT

BarT Well-Known Member

I, somehow, though i'm pole, still would like swastika to be introduced in WB again... german planes even for my father looks funny without it... and he still hate nazists...

20. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Maybe you typed millions instead of thousands? You know how many people 200 million is..? Do you? Belgium counts 10 million citizens, it's not a secret I'm proud to be one of them, if you take 20 times Belgium, and murder it all you would have murdered as many people as Stalin did... that's what you say... don't you see it's mathematically impossible!?

<Z>