Ukraine

Discussion in 'Warbirds General Discussion' started by vasco, Feb 21, 2022.

1. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

I thought you had your own F-16s (older ones - block 15), and didn't need any foreign presence.

The sky's quite busy here too, but I live close to a civilian airport, and not a military base, and was tortured by the heavy airlifting operations (have you ever seen a giant C-17 starting not far away from your home? - I have). A lot of traffic here in March and April - small C-130s, huge C-17s and 747s cargo, A340s, and even IL-76s. Most of them "incognito" - not a trace of that traffic visible in Flightradar's app.

As far as our air force is considered - I haven't seen any "smokers" for quite some time now, and they're stationed in Mińsk Mazowiecki, which is the closest large military fighter base (the closest one is the base in Dęblin, but that's our air force's training base) here. So they were not something of an oddity here, at least until March.
    Now I see the M-346s from the Dęblin training base quite frequently, and the F-16s from time to time... but no "smokers" at all.

2. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

It's part of the NATO air police at the Black Sea.
    Now the RAF Typhoons are here. There's lot of training, which is great. They're very noisy and have a distinctively huge wing area.

We have the F16, more to come. We still have the Mig-21's, which are expected to be dumped at some point.

What do you mean by "smokers"?

3. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

MiG-29s
    Their engines have small (relatively short, to be more precise) combustion chambers, so they're characteristic in that they always trail smoke behind them :)

4. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

We had those for about 10 years. I even entered the cockpit of one of them.
    Due to bad management they were pulled out. Apparently some of the engines went to Poland.

5. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

For 14 years to be more precise - you got your first ones delivered in 1989 (same as us).
    You retired your entire fleet in 2003 (and went for that curiosity called the LanceR program, to upgrade your MiG-21s).

We did acquire as many as we could from other countries (as we did retire MiG-21s and MiG-23s in the meantime) - 10 came from Czech Republic in mid-90's (in return for completely new PZL W-3 helicopters), another 22 in 2003 from Germany (they were retiring theirs, and we only had 22 operational fighters at that time - following the withdrawal of MiG-23s).
    Some 20+ remain (or remained) in active service today.
    Around 10 are in tactical reserve/repairs.
    The remaining ones were canibalized for parts or ended up as non-flying exhibits (6 pieces that I saw - 2 of them at technical universities, 1 in the Museum of Polish aviation in Cracow, 1 at the entrance to the State Higher Education School in Chełm (they have a civil aviation department there, but IDK how that MiG ended up there), one in the Dęblin school, the last one is at the Museum of Polish Army in Warsaw).

There were plans to further upgrade them (they got significant upgrades of avionics anyway), but their limited capabilities as fighters, and the planned purchase of Block 50/52 F-16s meant that they were side-tracked instead. Now Poland has already upgraded (some?, all? - IDK) of its F-16s to the Block 70 standard (they had to, as they bought the AGM-158 JASSMs to arm them), and left its MiG-29s almost without updates (no one really cares - we will get the first batch of ordered F-35s next year anyway).

6. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

That's great.
    You're way ahead as capabilities.

We're expecting the next batch of F16 to be newer, but that's about it.

Oh, and we've just got the HIMARS and the Patriot.

7. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

We're ahead, but we are (were) lagging behind when anti-aircraft systems are considered.
    We've only managed to patch our "leaking sky" only recently, with the Patriots (first launchers already delivered) as LRAD/MRADs, and our own system (Poprad) as VSHORAD.
    We still lack SHORAD capabilities, with the first systems based on the CAMM missile (same as in the new British Sky Sabre, but the system is our own design) due to be delivered later this month.

The situation can be considered "great" only in the case of MANPADs. Here we're the world leaders, with our Piorun launchers being exported... to U.S.

We're a local power when tanks are considered - 240+ Leopard 2s (more than the Germans have), 230+ PT-91s, 200 newest Abrams (M1AV SEPv3) on order, and another 120 of older variants to be delivered soon. I guess we don't have any operational T-72s left, since they all "somehow disappeared recently", so there will be attempts to rush the 500 stored ones back to service, with some upgrades in the process.

8. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

9. isaev

isaev Well-Known Member

О, боты зациклились! :)

10. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

y

Bot isaev locked itself...
    Day 149 of the 3-day special military operation... no wonder... it must operate 140+ days past its planned operating schedule.

Haven't I already said this?
    You're fucked.
    You're fucked beyond recognition.
    You'll suffer, and then become colonized by the Chinese.

Read that in 10 years from now, as you will be doing 14-hour shifts at your local Foxcon factory, manufacturing I-Phones for Amies...

11. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Another military target destroyed in the "fascist" Ukraine:
    [​IMG]

12. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

russia bombed Odesa hours after the grain agreement was signed.
    The agreement specifically said that the ports involved in the grain transportation wouldn't be attacked.

So much for russian honor.

Thing is, I never thought for a moment they would keep their word. Again, remember Mannerheim's memoirs.

13. sharky

sharky Well-Known Member

Prague, Czech Republic (Ex Mosсow, Ex Omsk, Russia
    Did you read the agreement moron? ;) Bombing the war target, not the grain storage. Grain treaty it's not a peace treaty. Ukraine is still not disarming the sea from the mine. Russia is bombing the armor depots, vehicles, and air defense spots. But in your case better worry about coal supplies.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  14. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Grain installations are a war target only to your dysfunctional leader and his gang.

15. sharky

sharky Well-Known Member

Зерновые склады бомбят только в ваших вшивых СМИ. Там уже давно ничего нет, все давно украдено, для этого и весь вой чтобы оправдать украденое. Еще раз повторяю, били не по складам, а по военным объектам. Хотя вам пшекам, хоть в лоб, хоть по лбу, один хрен - папская моча.

http://prntscr.com/3RB8CndmalY2

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    Flk, -Shai- and Bavaria like this.
  16. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

It's a lie.

Now, your thick head seems to fail to understand that there's no legitimate target for russia in Ukraine.
    Now fuck off.

17. sharky

sharky Well-Known Member

Правда глаза колет, вот и ссышься. Тебя уже носом ткнули, но таким утыркам как ты, все по Оруэллу.

18. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Russian what?
    Don't be silly.
    Russia never had anything that could even remotely resemble honour.

Lying, thieving, robbing, raping bastards.
    There are still living memories of the atrocities the Red Army conducted in Eastern Poland during the Polish-Soviet War.
    In my home city, in 1944 the evil hordes liberated the city (including the watch of the brother of my grandfather), the Gestapo prison at the Lublin Castle and the Majdanek concentration camp.
    Less than two weeks from the liberation both the prison, and the concentration camp were up and operating again.
    The prison was taken over by the Polish communists and their Security Office, the concentration camp by the NKVD.

It's just the prisoners, who were different.
    The first institution was famous for imprisoning political opponents of communists, the other became famous for holding thousands of members of Polish resistance (mostly Home Army, but also members of other organizations). Guess what was the official name for it. Yes, you might have guessed it - it was a "filtration camp". To "add to the picture" (any similarities noticed?) - the camp sent several hundred of its most prominent prisoners (Polish Citizens, held in POLAND!) to USSR, they never returned.

19. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Good news everybody!
    Except for our ruSSian friends it is :ass:

Ukraine officially confirmed it received first batches of Polish PT-91 tanks :turret:.

With some 400 donated T-72s and now the PT-91s (no one officially knows how many) we've established ourselves well in the front of Ukraine's best suppliers of armor (with Russia trailing way back in second with only some 250 tanks "delivered").

It's such a good thing our army never tried disarmament on the scale Britons, Germans or Italians practiced it.

We already got 28 A1A2 SEPv2s delivered.
    We will get 116 older A1A2s plus some (40 or 50) Leopard 2A4s for all these supplies.
    The rest (250 A1A2 SEPv3s and another 1000, partially Polish-made, Korean K2 Black Panthers - we already licence-manufacture the Samsung K9 Thunder chassis for our AHS Krab self-propelled howitzers) will get here in the years to come.

20. -Shai-

-Shai- Well-Known Member

кстати, а чего это всякая гомосня с запада тявкает про уркаину?
    их какое собачье дело?
    мы же не вещаем как жить пшекам, румынам и прочим болгарам.