Missed kill?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by forge, May 2, 2003.

1. forge

forge Well-Known Member

Helo,
    Someone can tell me what happens when a killer player left arena before your killed plane (on fire) hit ground?

The pilot get the kill?
    Or the pilot lost the kill?

Thanks,
    forge

2. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

I don't know what happens now but they used to get off scot free... Imho this is the worst form of cheating in the game... I call it the alt-f4 bug .... When i first started i lost a lot of kills due to this bug....

:cheers:

3. Priest

Priest Well-Known Member

More like a feature, not a bug..

Orginal question: AFAIK if you have got hits before pressing alt+f4 it's counted as if you were killed. So you loose streak, and shooter gets kill

Without hits quitting: counted as ditch? or landed?

4. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

;)

Hey forge!

some TOD's ago, a strange thing happened to me:
    I was fliyng my 109 calmly, when suddenly a bastard-blood-hungry red decided blow my entire rear fuse away... well, not to much to do... and hit the silk... when out my passed away plane I could see it spinning nose up (full trhottle, wep and so on) well I hit the ground and the 109 stiil refuse to went down.. suddenly I remmembered that I forgot something at owen (really, not a alt-F4 trick... :shuffle: ok... none believe me neither)...
    next day came to arena and... presto! no killed!!!

A bug, I think...
    :)

5. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

If you press alt-f4 at any time, it counts as a death whether you have been hit or not.

I had a very dissapointing experience in the Arena the night before last. I got a few kills on my sortie which had brought my streak up to 7 (only 2 short of my best ever). But when I was landing, I got the yellow beacon and by the time I stopped, it was the red beacon. I sat otr for about 10 minutes hoping for it to either disco me or give me the green beacon so I could exit the plane, but none happened so I had to do alt-f4 to exit the game and come back in. When I came back in, my bloody streak was gone (although it did credit me with the kills I got in the sortie).

S.O.B :mad:

-glas-

P.S This thread has highlighted something else I find really annoying. If I damage a con sufficiently to kill him but I die first, I need to wait in the tower to get credited with the kill. If I take off again, no kill gets recorded. Is there any way this can be changed?

6. forge

forge Well-Known Member

Thank's guys for responses,

I made this question because os last 2 days strange things be happened with my crashed plane that not give the kill for my killers.

In recent days i become more atencious with Host responses because the notice of cheaters on arena.

I become paranoid after a 2 missed kills and recently cheating discussions, i reinstaled all system (from fresh images) and the game too. I'ts too bad for me people calling me a cheater because i be the reverse of this. Like realism and enjoy be killed when the opponent is stronger than me on especifics fights.

My killers got missed kills on heavy Net lags in my conection, maybe this is the explanation. I don't know.

For two times Host noticed that i exploded my killed plane!

Thanks and sorry for my bad english,
    forge

Last edited: May 3, 2003