A track of me not dying but losing 29 streak

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Malino, May 4, 2003.

1. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Here ya Go, USD will post the trk of him killing me, but as you can see on my track I'm untouched.

Me not dying

Any chance of my 29 streak back???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

(track shortened to just combat)

Malino

Last edited: May 4, 2003
  2. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

Real bad connection issue.
    Its easy to notice when u arrive over F30 and other planes simply disapear from time to time. That means u had long yellows and even red beacons during some moments for sure.

When usd attacked you over F30 u warped bad since others disapeared and prolly at this time ur plane was stuck in the air or simply flying straigh level on usd's FE. He shot you but since your connection was so ugly, you just received the hits packets when u were about to land at F32.

BUT! There is another thing i noticed. After you left F30 area and headed rtb to F32 you simply NEVER checked your low 6 position.
    If the conection was fine, then he was perfectly able to get there unnoticed to kill you. :turret:

Also, after u took off from F18 and headed the long way to F30 you checked your low 6 just once... someone could have killed you before and you would not see. :D

But honestly on ur case seems like a very bad conection problem.. bad luck to lose streak this way. :(
    2 nights ago i was flying a sortie with I/JG54 1 life squad and i attacked an Spitfire. When i was D6 behind him i had a yellow beacon so i aborted the attack and zommed up to wait till the beacon stabilished again but when beacon turned green i was dead. Maleti was my wingman on this event and he was surprised when i got killed weirdly. I may have warped into the spit's sight just like u did into usd's guns. :p

3. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Was red beacon all the way.

Was a nature call (taking a piss)

Mal

4. --usd-

--usd- Well-Known Member

full track itself is long and boring, this is the part related to topic:

Malino

md5sum of the above: 1381390a446d5b26dc40beb0404564f0

/usd

5. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

I should have figured out. Shame on me. ;)

Thats something we cant fight against. :D

6. oe-aua

oe-aua Member

Take PAMPERS :znaika:

oe-aua/aspern

Attached Files:

7. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

If it wasn't for the fact we were both at the same field, with the same pilots around us at the same time you'd think we were both playing totally different games. In my track after the 1st dive where usd got to D11 (beacon aside) he never got near to me again.

If you match the point at which I die on his track to mine he's roughly D34 below and behind me and I'm turning into engage.

On his I'm flying straight and level and he's coming up behind.

IMHO, it appears as if I'm still sending data to the server up until he shoots me, but on my FE I'm not recieving any data back from the server so I don't see whats happening. You can see my climbing 180 after the inital dive on usd's where he gets to D2 and misses but you can't see anyone on my screen (red beacon), then my small jinks on the climb out NE on usd's track which on my FE are nostly red beacon until it comes back and show him at D33 and lower.

Malino

8. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

too bad loosing streak like this
    it looks like lag, same thing here i guess:
    Link

but i know the way to solve situations like this:
    PLS DONT FLY WHEN CONNECTION I SO BAD

i know sometimes u just have an hour time break or sth and u want to fly, get some kills...
    but if conn is so bad, then its getting u only bad surprises (like this one);
    and tell me Malino, how would U feel if U were shotdowned by a guy with such a bad connection while Urs was okay, huh?

im tired of guys who flies d20 my666 (sometimes even in other direction) and hitting me!
    this would really sux, dont U think Malino? so it is even better it was caused by Ur conn - not the USDs, after all...

im happy to hear that U didnt shoot on yellow beacon, because it is common thing here;
    guys, pls do not shoot if yellow beacon;

9. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Relax Squint and stop being abusive.

The total flight time on that sortie was 1440 seconds, taking off from F18 and flying to F30. If you want to watch the whole track I can repost it but do you really think I'd fly for ten minutes with a beacon going yellow or red???????

The problems didn't start until the 1st con appeared (doubtless you won't take my word for it) but you can see in the inital dive onto the dots that turned out to be gold no warp. The 1st con appears and all of a sudden yellow and red beacons.

I've experienced this on several occasions now, connection fine then cons appear and it becomes unstable.

The POINT OF THIS POST is to provide EVIDENCE TO THE DEVELOPERS that there appears to be a PROBLEM that needs looking into. NOT for people like you to come in and start throwing accusations around.

Do you think usd and myself would have spent the time discussing it and both editing and posting our tracks up if we didn't think there'd been a problem just one or the other of us manipulating things.

There is a problem (looking at the number of lag related threads) and we're trying to find the source of it, if you want to start a slagging match go elsewhere.

Malino

P.S. heres the full boring track. 14 minutes of boredom

Examine it and you'll see that I am still sending data to the server (the long climb after I've lost my wing on USD's track, the 180 turn (after I've lost a wing on usd's track but he's D34 on mine and I'm undamaged) then the whole flight back to F32 untouched on mine but with a wing missing on usd's.

10. HJM---

HJM--- Well-Known Member

about 5 TOD's ago, i lost streak 47 in a very strange and funny way...
    i was flying FW190....wasted 3 cons and noticed another one coalt, being chased by a 2 or 3 golds...
    i directed on him and after a few seconds fight started...3 or 4 maneuvers in vertical and i managed to get him (at the highest point of a loop)...just when i was finishing this maneuver, suddenly i lost elev (nothing was heard,no pings or anything)...and just 2 seconds later i got pk...
    strangest part of this, was that NOBODY noticed ANY con (i didn't see any too),and nobody except me was hurt....
    shots(?) from nowhere....no pings,no sound, nothing (connection was very good)....

later that day, when i was sitting in a twr on a deserted field, i witnessed something strange again...LA appeared near f on lo alt,and after a few seconds he disappeared...and afair, nobody left server by that time...
    Bermuda Triangle??

11. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

cc HJM, things are getting weird, when I died on that flight there was only 40 people in the arena and it was 3.00am my time (rules out network traffic as 95% of Europe is asleep).

I'm only speculating but it's like the server is forgetting to send data back to peoples front ends, either that or it's being sent and getting lost.

It's happening too frequently now on every IP to everyone in the world to be netlag theres got to be something else causing the problem.

Malino

12. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, that I overwrote the track.
    I was following d10 and checked all high dots and never saw a con, before haupt exploded. I was sure, it was the 80mm ack, but maybe the killer (loboag) knows more.

13. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

i lost my streak of last ToD by the fucking red beacon, i press alt+f4 for relog but i lost it :nono:

14. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

CC Maletin, good to emember that it was loboag who killed me. Probabily the same even that ocurred between malinus and usd.

15. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

Relax Malino and stop being aggresive ;)

the point of my post was to exlude situations just like the one which happened to HJM;
    unfortunatelly i know what U r writing about, because my conn isnt great all the time; many, many sorties are wasted because my connection goes shitty and i have to rtb; not mentioning lost occasions to shot con down (i dont shoot during yellow beacon either, even if con didnt spotted me) so i really know sth about Ur frustration;
    but what i was writing about: there r many players with very bad conns, i was being hit and lost my best streak ever (shit, only 13 :shuffle: :)) in situation like this:
    my biggest streak made me very, veeeeery careful, i think U know what i mean..
    flying 6km alt with sq mate, con coalt spotted h9, changing heading, light climb, con disappearing...
    shouts on ch110 'where is he?', 'discoed i think'
    bah, cfuel, wings off....
    sq mate? on chute already...
    ch110: 'lol', 'fuck this'
    ch100: 'lol nice warps', 'FU'
    end of story :(

that was the point - i dont want this happend again (but it is, from time to time :(), not accusations or 'slagging match'

and:
    'PLS DONT FLY WHEN CONNECTION I SO BAD'
    wasnt personally to U, it was, no... it IS my manifesto;

and if U seen my track posted in the link, then i think is the same situation: the guy i shotdowned had so bad connection he was just sending packets to server while didnt received any from it;
    so i sprayed my ammo out (it is very frustraiting either :)) and he noticed it 5 mins later;
    same thing happened to U i think;

oh and the word about 'there appears to be a PROBLEM that needs looking into'
    i suppose there is nothing admins can do about it - it is just up to us to not fly on bad connections, as i wrote earlier...

16. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ Malino: Had the same problem tonight, on a much lesser scale. Had a streak of 6 (plus 2 kills on current sortie) over F10, which was close to F4 and had just turned Gold after reds had won the war. I made a dive on the CV, staying about 3km. I took 15x20mm out of a B25 and went in to a zoom climb back to 4km. I started having problems with my connex at this point and turned my plane West to F19-17 again and seen some dots on my low 2. I sat straight and wepped past them, the closest being on my low 5 at d22 and me extending. I got the yellow then red beacon halfway back so I went in to a shallow dive and continued to F19 at about 700kph. I bailed a mile or 2 short of F19 (cos I knew if I landed with red light I couldnt exit plane) and relogged. When I did, I had lost my streak (tho it did credit me with the 2 kills id got in the sortie) and the pilot who (apparently) shot me down said he has a track of it. His nick was -roach.

Btw, he didnt get credited with the kill. And I was flying a 190.

-glas-