Combat Report - 01 May 1943

Discussion in 'I/JG54 Grunherz' started by Maletin, May 2, 2003.

1. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

Mission: Covering low Jabo-Mission, defending own CV
    Pilots: heino- and maletn
    Plane: 190 light 100%
    Flight time: 60 Minutes
    Claims: 5 (pe2 and p38 by heino and 3 x Spit by maletn)
    Losses: 0

Comments:
    Legion Condor was talking on Radio with me (teamspeak).
    They were about 5 pilots, going low from f27 to f32.
    Heino and me started 5 mins before to grep alt and couldn't climb over 3km to keep low raid in sight.
    At f32, there was only one low con. no need for us and we were 5km, when f32 was closed.
    We went to f30, because it was the only near red field and found a spit climbing to f32 at 2km.
    I engaged, pinged him, he evaded and I draged him bad, before heino could ping him. so the spit could dive to f32, but at 100meter, i was close enough to kill him W of f32.
    We climb over f32. It was still closed, but maybe one Ju52 died and there were more fighters.

We saw one Hurricane2 and one Typhoon at higher alt, so we went S and I was dragging very bad again, so heino couldn't kill the tiffy. But we could get clr, before f32 was captured.

North f4 was our cv20 and we wanted to check f4.
    10 Miles before f4, i saw low dot hdg f21. We lost him, but at f21, we saw a pe2 climbing to cv20. I engaged, pinged him and got some Shells. Heino was behind me, and killed this buff.

Climbing to cv20, we saw many reds, mostly from f4 and low.
    (Actually I saw only two Spit, when I was hunting that one, that dived straight to cv. He survived the Acks, but at 2km I got him.
    Maybe he had steering trouble (connection), because he didn't move and I could use very much ammo (24% left).

We were high enough, to go over some cons close to f4.
    There we engaged some, but a Typhoon was hunting me.
    This time, it was turning, before heino could get him and we climbed to f4 again. While heino engaged a p38, i had a extrem high p47 over me. Going low to run at 2km to the CV helped me, to keep distance, but I lost heino and there was a Radio-Message about his kill of that p38. But he was in trouble and couldn't come to cv20.
    I was climbing, when clear and run into acks, when cons arrived.
    Than I managed it, to be behind another spit and killed it. But the CV has only three destroyers left and many Cons were around.
    8% Ammo left, and with low fuel, I was happy to find heino over the CV. We could climb to 5km to return to gold f27, but there was a spit killing one friend (starting from 2km to 100meter). We followed him, until he ran far to f18, so I could land, while heino kept him away from me. He went away and 2 minutes later, heino landed without reds on Radar at f27.

I'm not sure, if everythink is correct, but here is my film and my Radio-Communication:
    http://www.maletin.de/jg54-3.trk
    http://www.maletin.de/jg54-3.log

Last edited: May 2, 2003
  2. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

my comments:
    a) there was just 1 problem with dragging - the first "bad dragging" u suggest was just my bad gunnery; second - it was spit behind you.. you led him just under me onto HO.. that was not ok, but luckily you weren't in serious trouble, so my delay wasn't cruicial

b) when i engaged that p 38, it would be better to keep close to me - nevertheless there was high p 47 - personally i would continue following my wingie unless that high con would attack me
    again, luckily, there were no consequent troubles
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    it was good sortie with some cooperational troubles (but not fatal), my very bad gunnery (unfortunately i'm absolutely unfamiliar with 190), and good SA

I'm looking forward for more, maletin :cool:

manoce aka heino in JG54

3. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

Way to go, gents! :cheers:

4. oe-aua

oe-aua Member

5:0 - WTG!!!!

aspern

Attached Files:

• con1.jpg
      con1.jpg
      File size:
      28.6 KB
      Views:
  5. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

hallo oe-aua,
    wenn du nachstes Mal uber der Grenze zwischen Osterreich und Tschechische republik fliegen wirst, flieg uber Palava und mach ein Bild des Brun - ich werde dann dir zeigen, wo ich durch die Woche lebe.

Uh, entschuldig bitte mein Deutsch; ich habe es fur lange Zeit nicht gesprochen.

manoce aka heino in JG 54

6. oe-aua

oe-aua Member

Hi manoce!

Werde ich gerne machen ;-)
    ...und-dein Deutsch ist VIEL besser als mein Tschechisch.
    Wo liegt Palava?
    Vielleicht gibt es ja in der Nähe von Palava einen Flugplatz auf der österreichischen Seite...dann könnten wir ja einmal fliegen..

-------------------------------------

I´ll do it ;-)
    ...and your german is better than my tschechisch.
    Where is Palava located?
    Maybe there is a Airport on the Austrian side near Palava, so we can meet and fly toghether....

oeaua/aspern

Attached Files:

7. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

Palava (Pavlovske vrchy = "Paulische Berge") sind sehr klein Gebirge - nur 4 grossen Bergen in der Mitte der Tiefebene. Auf dem rechstem Berg (Aussicht aus Sud) ist Burg; auf hochstem (zweite aus recht) ist Funkturm; und hinter ist grosse Talsperre Nove Mlyny ("Neue Muhlen") - du kannst fur sicher nicht dich irren.
    (btw Palava ist sehr interessante - beide aus (pre)historische und geologische Anschauung)

Und in der Norden-West Richtung liegt Brno ("Brun"), wo ich studiere.

[​IMG]

8. oe-aua

oe-aua Member

...also ist Palava S von Mikulov....

Und Brno kenne ich natürlich (in Österreich nennt man es "Brünn").

Wenn ich mal in die Nähe komme, werde ich es dir vorher schreiben...vielleicht können wir uns treffen und gemeinsam fliegen ;-)

-----------------------------------

...Palava is S of Mikulov....

I know Brno (in Austria we call it "Brünn").

If I fly near you, I will write it to you, so we can meet and maybe fly together ;-)

aspern

Attached Files: