List of an ALT+F4 cheaters.

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by spuint, May 18, 2003.

1. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

ok, whats going on?
    i fly these days and more and more ppl uses alt+f4 when lost ef or outnumbered and no big chance to win.....
    and there is no way to fight them in other way than this;
    i decided to make it public and start war against alt+f4;
    its with Ur help; dont put this on admins, they have much work already, so we can help them;
    the point is, to record EVERY track (if not already doing this, with 'lastsortie' autoexec in fh); if sth obvious happened, like alt+f4, then post it here or make another thread, properly named;

we shouldn't let ppl cheat, if we can fight such behaviour; if an alt+f4 cheater see a topic like this, he must known he might be recorded; maybe he wont press it once or twice and U will have a chance to get Ur kill as it should be after a winning dogfight;

only a proofs here pls;
    so, to open a list, heres first track:
    alt+f4, cheater adavis
    http://republika.pl/spuint/files/chadavis.trk
    he got discoed when 3 me109f4 felt down on him? he tried a couple of moves and when saw no chance to get out of there alive, he pressed alt+f4;

u've been recorded, sry

pls help me with this; we can fight cheaters too;
    maybe when ppl stop alt+f4 there will be removed nonsense streak-loose after discos (i mean when server get downed and everybody discoed etc; i lost my biggest streak that way, i havent even been hit :()
    so pls help me, i will fight alt+f4 cheaters, will U?

2. BarT

BarT Well-Known Member

disco + hits = steak lost
    disco + NO hits = streak continued

3. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

have U read Tacmuds thread Bart?

fe. when my proxy (usually flying on .....21 ip) shuts down, im visible on arena for some time, and anyobody can hit mi while flying lvl, but i wouldnt got hit when i wouldnt be discoed;
    U got my point Bart? :)

or when i was hit only by a 7mm with no or light damage, still can rtb with no problems;
    but then server goes off and.... bah!

i wouldnt write it here if it not happened to me (not just one time, it happens pretty often);

Last edited: May 18, 2003
  4. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

Ping is really bad lately, lot of discos, warps, etc.
    Are you going to accuse everyone who gets discoed?

Sometimes it's necesary to alt+tab when you have a steady red beacon, so you can start WB again. Is that cheat?

5. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

have U seen track spaceb?
    its clearly alt+f4;
    dont tell me U dont see a difference between an unstable connection and good connection and rapidly disco;

im tired of such cheats, im trying to fight with it, but cant do it myself; U all have to help me;

watch the track; there are a couple of moves from adavis and when situations gets worse for him he discoed;

30s later he is logged back on server; and to make it totally funny, i killed him later, in the same sortie (got a 45min whole track);

im not going to accuse everyone who got discoed, but its obvius when smbdy cheats or not (some of alt+f4 cheaters tried it when i started to hit them - buffs mostly); and when there is such a situation, when flying and 3 cons in formations attack smbdy with e advantage... lol its not a common disco, its a cheat; check track pls; and post if u got some;
    i will post my tracks here, i hope U will help me;

6. thrapt

thrapt Well-Known Member

If he pressed ALT+F4, you flied better and won the fight.
    That's what this is all about...

7. daedal

daedal Well-Known Member

Here's the recovery procedure from a continuous red beacon:

1. get no hits
    2. rtb and land safely
    3. alt+tab
    4. ctrl+alt+del
    5. shut down WB from the appearing window
    6. try to re-connect

In this way the sortie is counted as landed.

Salute!
    Daedal

8. Odisseo

Odisseo Well-Known Member

wrong:

disco + hits + damage = steak lost
    disco + hits and no damages = streak continued
    disco + NO hits = streak continued

9. null

null New Member

10. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

ADAVIS

... i'm joining to reports against adavis behavior - lost 2 kills last tod - one by one :

1. adavis flew li2 , i start to dive him, but he just crash water (pull down...) before i got range to open fire.
    2. same flight, adavis TBF , short burst, hstab broken , - but he drop bombs just before ground and killed himself.

looks like here we have smart loser one...

11. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    SO I am humming along in my fw190a4 lite. There is this furball happenning, yummie I think to my self and immediatley go into my typical "tunnel vision mode."
    I roar through the furball, see one guy in spit do the asshole break-turn asshole thing. I lost a bunch of e turning into him thinking, "fuck it, I don't care if I die, this is just pretend anyway!"
    He hoes boom. Asshole.
    I drop the nose of my trusty 190a4 lite and roar outta there. I am gaining speed, thinking maybe I am gonna rtb after all. I look to my rear and wiggle my rudder and there, is another spitfure, gaining on me. Oh fuck, I think, I am toast now. I begin weaving trying to scissor the guy, he is on my as and about 3 hundred meters, holding fire. He is good.
    Crank left, roll, crank right roll. He is now 100 meters. Still holding his fire. Hmmm.
    Throttle down desperately, roll crank left. I hear hits. Fuck.
    I look back in time to see him explode.
    Alt f4 cheat?
    :D

12. Odisseo

biles, imo he got so close to your ass that the server killed him before you can employ prohibited weapons from the convention of Geneva :)

13. Odisseo

Re: ADAVIS

Who care? let them do it, you won anyway the fight. I had sometimes the same thing and i find it funny that some peaple are so scared that prefer exit the game instead to fight :)
    As for ditchers, or damaged ditchers, i don't care, i won anyway, no need host message to confirm it.

14. thrapt

thrapt Well-Known Member

agreed

15. Holmes

Holmes Well-Known Member

Hello,

I don't care guys making alt+f4 cheats! Cons comes and goes, there is always sbdy to kill.

But i HATE when after disco i lost my streak! Yesterday i had a reset of my computer. I was in 190 untouched by single hit! And what happend? Of course that was counted as kill :dunno: . I lost my streak and i'm pissed off!!!

So there ARE NO CLEAR RULES when disco or system reset kills you and when not. And i don't belive that it works well :turret:

All that talking that always disco+NO HITS = streak continued is bullshit :nono:

16. Odisseo

Holmes in your score page, is noted your last killers nickname? or is just an -HOST- kill or nothing at all?

17. Holmes

Holmes Well-Known Member

There is nothing at all. Only killed in "wheel" and out of streak.

18. Tacmud

Tacmud Well-Known Member

Odisseo : I lost sreak undamaged too....pilot whitch should damaged me was D50 behind me...so ?????

19. Odisseo

I could have an easy reply, your connection started to loose packets (warp + yellow beacom) after 3/4 seconds of yellow beacom other players disappear then as soon the host lost the connection it appear the red beacom.
    It happens too that after red beacom you get back the connection, that happend for half second, then game get closed and popup message tell you lost connex.
    During this time your FE was in flight, server waited your "client" data for upload your status/position, no data, no updates and your FE was "fling" straight and maybe it slowed down, here the con got you, pinged your plane and before to lost connection your client gad an update.

And for be more clear, tacmud, usually warps don't appear immediatly, usually they are the following of many little warps, the con you saw at D50 (btw don't know how you can know it was at D50 since ID goes till 34) could be at D20 or maybe less.

Shit happens :)

20. Odisseo

happened to me too, imo server bug