Twister of Truth American tour 2003

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by sebbo, May 27, 2003.

1. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Well, so we put our music on the www.garageband.com website. And we got a huge amount of good reviews, including one by a club-owner in Washington state. And this guy happens to be an A&R manager for a number of bands as well? Do you know what's coming next? I guess you do!

He invited us to come to the states and do a gig in his club! Well, we're not going to spend one week and 300 euros for a plane ticket just for a single gig, so right now we're negotiating. Here's what we are trying to accomplish:

- 2 or 3 gigs in the Washington state-area
    - a place to stay for 7 nights at no expense
    - 200 dollars per gig (negotiable)
    If we get an agreement on that, we'll pay for the tickets ourselves. I mean, is this a great possiblity or not?

But anyways, is there anyone here that lives in this area? If so, drop me a line and I'll keep ya posted!

2. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

I don't live there, but congrats on the success of your band :D :super:

3. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    I could take a long hard piss and it would land in washington state. I live right off the border.
    $200 (U.S.) a night is peanuts.
    Come across the border to British Columbia to booze:

[arrrgh DELETED]

Is your band a Rap Band?

Last edited: May 27, 2003
  4. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, I know, not much funny here but Biles sent me the piece he deleted and it was pretty fuckin' funny... :D And now that I made everyone curious, here's my reply to the above post:

Going to Spokane (wherever THAT may be) is to fucking expensuve, so chances are we'll be flying to another place and rent a car there. If that's what we do, we might come over as we all like booze and most in the band like to smoke dope as well (I'm the only one that doesn't, actually!).

Tonight we'll discuss things further and I'll get back to you on whatever we may have decided.

Rap-"MUSIC"?!?!?!?!?!? That's an oxymoron, just like "Military Intelligence", "Western Civilisation" and "Microsoft Works"... Vee play METAL und mir ist rezponzible for ze vocalz! Check out www.dissenter.nl for more info as well as MP3's....

5. biles

biles Well-Known Member

I know some folks who own a quarter section in Surrey, British Columbia.
    When the season is right, sspring, summer and autumn, they have barn dances sometimes.
    I am putting Sebbo in touch with a guy who owns the place to see if maybe they want to have a Dutch Metal band play at a barn dance there.
    If Sebbo shouts, "Sure, check it out, Biles!" I will keep you all posted in this thread.

6. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

I, Sebastiaan F. Kemp aka "Sebbo", "Basman" or "The pointy-haired freak from AFVS" hereby shout:

Sure, check it out, Biles!

7. magix-

magix- Active Member

wwooooww-- what a great opportunity for you and your Band

CONGRATS !!

-- I hope for you it become reality --

@biles: but don`t mess with "suits" there ;)

greetings magix-

[​IMG]

8. lemmie

lemmie Well-Known Member

sebbo,

Did he say what clubs and which cities? I live and grew up and live in Seattle and spent some years in Spokane. I'm curious to know, and maybe I can give you some feedback on the joints. Sounds like possibly a good opportunity for you guys. BC bud flows over the borders from Bile's gradparents farm, plus Snohomish bud(north Seattle @ 30 min) is a favorite in Amsterdam bars from what I hear so your bandmates shouldn't be whining potheads while they're here.

Lem :kruto:

9. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

Make sure the club owner dowsn't steal your passports and blackmail you into being sex slaves. If you can get Vancouver B.C. gig that would be cool. Vancouver B.C. is tres hip, but make sure it is not shi+hole Portland suburb Vancouver, Washington. Portland itself is pretty nice. Also you will be not too far from Evergreen Aviation Museum, Tillamook Air Museum and Boeing's Museum, all of which rool.

10. biles

biles Well-Known Member

Jeez, I have never had a toke in Washington State. I would love to. Maybe sometime I cruise down and drink Miller Beer (which I LOVE, you can only get fake miller in Canada) and smoke some snohomish bud with Lemmie???

Always been really paranoid in cars going down there. They take your car away if a border guard dog gets a hard-on smelling anything in there. I hear they take your car for a roach clip even...

So I have memories of GREAT drinks in Washington state, but not tokes..... sigh...

Don't they grow bud in Spokane?? Hi and dry and hot in summer.....

11. beerme

beerme Well-Known Member

Have you ever seen pictures of Mr Bas Kemp! That club owner would have to pay the "Johns" (prostitution customers)! :cheers:

12. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Hey Sebbo, get this shit:

My band is playing a show on June 11th with a band called Damone. They've toured Europe, America, China, Australia, all sorts of places. AND WE'RE FUCKING PLAYING WITH THEM!!! :D

I can't wait!!!

and dude, come to albany new york and play a show with us. :D

13. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Ah... This one goes out to Beerme:

FUCK YOU!

And to AFI:

No no no, I've got a better idea. Why don't you come to Holland?!?!?!?!?!?!? :)

14. beerme

beerme Well-Known Member

I'm not going to pay the club owner to play with your skinny butt! Now maybe if the band's bringing their SR(s)............

15. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

....or if they tour with TATU

16. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

TATU??????

the only thing they have going for them is the "hot russian lesbian" thing. :D

17. beerme

beerme Well-Known Member

That seems to be enough for wheelbarrows full of cash to come rolling their way. C'mon afi don't knock selling out untill after you get your first beach house.
    :cheers:

18. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Heh! IF we come, the SR's come with us....

Too bad mine is the only fit one... :D