Spy's in WBFH

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -JOZO-, May 30, 2003.

1. -JOZO-

-JOZO- Well-Known Member

Spy's in WB , did you get one ? ..like "GABBA-" ?

PPL w two PC's ..another in Red other in Gold ?
    It bothers me cause FH haven't RDR in fly, so if someone use 2 pc's to get some "RDR" it is not equal positions to all. It is easy find pilots whose use 2 pc's in game ..just two "like" identical IP's.

2. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

U missing one thing Jozo:
    there r ppl who connects to the internet by one ip (server on lan) and sharing one internet connection; we must remember about that;

but U r right - there r spies; its easy to find them where r few ppl, but when about 100 r connected then this is a little harder;
    maybe logging accounts with fligths taken would help? but it is up to admins;

one more thing;
    i must admitt i have two computers at my room too; maaaany times i was almost convinced to turn the second one on and watch the rdr (usually no one helps when on side-chnl smbdy asks 4 dar) but never did it; its simple, sneaking around the map, searching and winning is more funny than that kind of cheat; but many ppl will cheat that way;
    so i say to log logged-in pilots and their flights; from my ip there r 4 accounts i know about (i have two and sq-mate also has two) but when one of account from our ip is used then it is used for flying, not for spying;

3. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

I've got two computers, but I don't even have Warbirds let alone FHL installed on the other one anymore

<Z>

4. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

? :rolleyes: ;)

j/k :D

5. Tacmud

Tacmud Well-Known Member

no worries jozo, they are...we know who....justice come...slowly but come

6. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

I did have it installed ;)

when there was still only one puter in this room

<Z>

7. Odisseo

Odisseo Well-Known Member

I have 4pcs, and WB is isntalled on 3 of them to allow one friend (ikilly) and my friend gilr (--ju--) to learn how to fly in WB.
    Usually when i fly the second PC (of my girl friend) is turned on, she wach me fighting and i ask her to use it for field status (if she's not there i ask field status by myself).

8. Odisseo

I don't use it for rdr, it kill all the fun to search enemy (anyway it's easy to find enemy, go to the nearest enemy field near your fields and you will find tons of cons :D)
    But i have to go agaisnt your constatation.
    Have 2 Pcs and use one for go in opposite side is nealry a cheat (more right is call it "really bad behavior").
    But use 2 Pc to have field status or to lead a buff formation against peaple who hasnt a 2nd pc is like peaple who has joy, pich and rud pedals against peaple with mouse only

9. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

Odi, it IS a cheat - all enemy aircraft shown on fe gold field with no rdr;
    the way U described of using wb on both pc's looks ok to me - just like a teamspeak or rw chat;
    nasty cheat is turning 2nd pc and watching dar; and ppl uses it that way; :dark:

10. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

no radar, but field status check?

hi odi,

one needs a strong will - only to check status, and not looking on the neat radar-map above... :cool:

personally i won't bother such use (as long as staying same colour :) ), but for the country/colour feeling i think it is important to be in need of someone else checking this.
    in a positive way, as someone does radar a time or telling on request as a duty - and also to know what one is missing when nobody answers on request for radar/status. that makes the feel to fight for a colour and not only for squad-actions.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2003
  11. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

Actually, the biggest cheat using 2 PCs is monitoring the chat channel of the enemy to see what they are planning. IMO using 2nd pc for dar/field status is not as bad.

BTW...anybody using 2 PCs must either have a really good connection or 2 separate connex, cause I tried to use WBFH on both of mine on 56k dialup......forget about flying....ping times blew out to hell with all the data being transfered to the 2 PCs. Hmmmm, maybe that explains some of the ppl who constantly warp. :dunno:

regards, Oz

12. Odisseo

You should check for some dialer software wich allow you to give to a PC isntead of another a predefined bandwidth, first one wich you use to fly with bigger one, the second wich stay in tower and wich would be used for sending field status would need a little banwidth.

13. Rapier

Rapier Guest

No you havnґt got it!

@ ozemale6t9

No cheat possible, because the Colour does not plan anything relevant or very very rarly does.
    It is the squadrons, which do all the planning and executing and you do not get it, while monitoring the colour channel. You would have to listen into TeamSpeak or a special cooperative radio channel to see any of the planning.

Do not overemphasize the monitoring of the other side`s radar. It adds to the fun of the attacking force, if the defenders do this kind of double radar monitoring. Without any cons present, a field can be captured in no time. Thatґs no fun for the attackers.

I havenґt seen any opposing force defending a field successfully, even a big field, when the
    CZ Lions and the Legion Condor
    are executing a coordinated mass attack. You want to know the radio channel on which this is happening?
    Join us! :deal:

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2003
  14. Odisseo

Re: no radar, but field status check?

I had occasion to do many things since i had softwares for change skins of planes, mmmh a nice pink La5 or a yellow Spit :)
    With the possibility many would have did it.
    I didn't maybe because my education prohibits it to me or maybe because i have a strong will :)

About guys wich like to send squaddies or a second pc in opposite side have to be deals like cheater (even if it is not a cheat) since the ruin the fun of others and they are 100% aware of what they'r doing.

15. -JOZO-

-JOZO- Well-Known Member

And if "SERVER" does not allowed it ..like RDR ..?? It should be
    quite clear for all that RDR is allowed only in TWR if rdr is still up !

Anyone have other rules for that ?

16. Cierzo

Cierzo Well-Known Member

But in WWII there were spies, weren't there? So, what's the problem? let people do it if they are calmed on their own. I wouldn't, but....

17. Snakeye

Yup, and when discovered, they were shot outright ;) :D

18. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

I'm concerned, sometimes I come home from work, turn on the PC, take my shoes off, make a cup of tea (notice the first thing I do is turn on my PC :) )

Anyway, lately when I've logged into Warbirds I've discovered I'm red and a silly plane like the mossie has been selected.

What does this mean, well kids are off on half term so it means my son has had his friends round and been playing warbirds on both PC's, the problem is I'm not sure if he's playing online on both PC's are not (warbirds is on both PC's but he's a little unsure of how to set it up Head to Head and just entering the arena on both is easier).

Be a shame to be banned for having two PC's logged on at once when all my kids are doing is mucking around in the arena.

It would be risky to enforce a ban for having multiple connections from one IP because in alot of cases theres a legitimate reason, I regularly leave my PC connected to Warbirds whilst I'm in the kitchen cooking dinner or gone off to watch a film and in the interim my son (more so when he's a little older) may decide he wants to play and boot his PC up and join the arena and fly whilst mine is sitting idle.

also, come Christmas I'll have a third PC setup on my network (for my daughter) so it may be three PC's connected at once (you never know she may grow out of Barbie's Fashion Designer and enjoy a real game)

Also, on occasions I've taken off in a buff on my PC and left it climbing for an hour whilst I'm on his PC flying under a different nickname.

Malino

19. Snakeye

There are 2 players from my LAN on freehost - we are behind a nat and share the same public ip.
    This is not uncommon in Poland and AFAIK there are even up to 3 players from the same ip, so any restrictions of players per ip are unthinkable.

20. dick_steel

dick_steel Well-Known Member

Could it be just, that someone is sooo lousy player that he/she/it just cant find nothing to shoot without radaring the entire area??? :joystick:

JOZOa haavoihin vai???

:D