New model's on :)

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Odisseo, Mar 26, 2003.

1. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

thx :D

2. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

Guys, check this site with lots of pics from big scale R/C warbirds.

There are lots of nice pics like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Go to the site, click here :)

3. Odisseo

Odisseo Well-Known Member

Ok ledada here the pictures of how oracover work:

First you have to cut it adding a pair of centimeters for every side, oracover is termo shrinking, so it need a margin well glued in order to avoid that it is move as soon you warm the center parts.

[​IMG]

so using a warm iron (200 C°) you fix the oracover on every side.

[​IMG]

Then you can start to iron the center part (after be sure that every side is well fixed)

[​IMG]

Your iron has to move allways in the same direction, if not air will be caught forming bubbles.

[​IMG]

And here the work finished, every angle must be cut in order to allow the oracover to get fixed as better possible then passed with a paint-brush bathed of liquid cianolitick glue

[​IMG]

4. Odisseo

ready :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

not very well showed, but here the model with lights on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Are those last two shots from Area 51? :eek:

6. Odisseo

since my camera is a low res it's hard to show lights on so i tried it in the night, if you check youll see the plane silouette :) (lef/right wing first, second upper and below center fuselage)

7. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

VERY sweet Ju52 odi!!!! :super: :super:

8. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Yea, really sweet looking, and it can fly! ;)

9. Odisseo

Thanks! I am much satisfied of the result :) even if is moved by electric engines the sound of the 3 propellers is great :mafia:

10. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

Beautiful work on that model, odi! :@prayer:

How many hours of work?

How many channels radio?

11. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

hi odi,

that is a nice work!
    and thx for the information about the skinning. i doubt, i could do it... as soon something needs no mistakes being made and is also the finishing procedure, i probably would hesitate or make bubbles :shuffle:
    is it you who takes the iron quite leger with one hand over the 'oracover'? and will there be passengers for the 'd-aqui'? :)

12. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

Nice job Odi!!! There is a lot of satisfaction in building one of these models, especially when it has its first flight.

I apply the 'Solarfilm' (as it is called in Oz) slightly different, and the results are great. Seal around the edges with the iron as you demonstrated, but then take a hot hair dryer (hand-held type) and blow hot air over the surface. Works just as well, and there is less risk of melting holes in the film.

Regards, Oz

13. Taurec

Taurec Member

"I had to increase a bit the wing profile near the fuselage because my model will have 3 x engines Speed 400, each one pull 0.6 kg and the model will be not over 1.2 kg so that's mean 1.8 kg of power against 1.2 kg of weight, this JU will fly like a rocket "

Hmm i think you are wrong. Looks like you dont use gears and then you only have a maximum of 240 g thrust for each.
    Take a look here http://www.bnhof.de/%7EBKoenig/d_b600g.pdf or http://people.freenet.de/ManfredKaiser/schub1.htm
    A good program to calculate this is http://www.motocalc.com/

14. Odisseo

240 hours to cut every parts and assembly it, 120 hours to create every stamp end negatives for plastic parts and 8 hours for skin it and cut the written :)

it has, elevator, rudder, ailerons, flapailerons, flaps, wing brakes.

15. Odisseo

I doubted it also the first time i did it and as i was thinking the finished work was ugly :) but model after model i got enought feeling and "courage" to do it :)
    yep it's me who iron the model :D

I already designed a sistem to launch paras but i have to make it as light possible, so i'm calculating the veight if i will use carbon fiber and aluminium, sistem is easy, servo open the door wich make a positive contact making a little engine turn in hour sense moving a screw that will push with a regular interval 9 paras in air, closing the door the contact will be negatif and the screw will retract to his initial position....to be continued :D

16. Odisseo

I know it here is called Monocot, it was a good product but his problem is that it don't like temperatures over the 200 C°, had some nice holes with monocot ;)
    Oracover allow to iron till 350 C° and it don't make holes or change colour (my salvation lol)

17. Odisseo

The wing profile increase isn't for the 3 x engines only, the original model had one engine Speed 400 with a accu of 5 cells of 700mAh, with 3 engines it need 8 cells of 2.4 Ah wich are 380g instead of 115g, the speed regolator/shifter is a Jeti 7 84g instead of 12g of the original one ect, the model finished is 1,280 Kg instead of the original 750g.
    If i do not increase the upper wing profile in a Clark profile i would never climb, maybe tring to get some thermal currents (more or less as the FH JU52) :D

[edit] thanks for the links! [edit]