HAPPY BIRTHDAY Oh! Country of Mine

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by gahis, Jul 1, 2003.

1. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

From Illo: Just keeping myself occupied. Nothing better to do.

Masturbate? :D

But I really don't think that being happy that you're from a country has anything to do with ignorance and hatred. Now, saying that your country is BETTER than another, or putting other nations or people down, that DOES cause hatred, and in itself is ignorant.

I, myself, am not a citizen of the USA. I am a citizen of humanity.

Nationalism is horrible. Minor patriotism is NOT.

I may not be a patriot for the United States of (worldwide) Assimilation, but I don't mind if someone is glad to be american. When they start putting their nations agenda over others, that's when it gets shitty... *cough* killing for the economy *cough* *cough*

2. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Well another birthday!! :D Our beloved KOSSUUU made it's 75th
    b-day in Finns livers :super: [​IMG]

If you can't count the barns ,screw the cork back.

3. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    Aw

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA!
    My ancestors were chased (by cossacks, duty collectors, press gangs and starvation wages) out of many countries and, during different eras.
    First of my people to get "over here" arrived in Halifax in 1800, it took him twelve more years to get to the Pacific coast, which is where I am from. Tha latest of my people to get here were chased out of Russia, when the bolsheviks decided it would be a good idea to slaughter all the postmasters, mail clerks railroad ticket agents and Production managers.

Life didn't take too long to get much better than it was in "the old country" for, without exception, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE.

I am happy I was accidentally born here. And not 1918 Kerenski Republic or England after the Enclosures Acts.

Canadians are a well fed, burly and robust people. We don't wave flags and talk tough. We "get the fucking job done" and don't brag on endlessly.

July 1st is one day we can fire off fireworks address the seeming forever conundrum of "Hey, what nationality are you?" And get god damned good and drunk on strong, well made beer.

I fucking hate that question. It is one of those stupid things typical of many Canucks: One Canuck asks another, "What nationality are you?" As if, because I have a great great great grandfather who came from Scotland expecting me to exlcaim, "Why, acch bla noch glcchy fucking accch naoch, Laddie!"

I ain't a Scot. I aint a Russ. I ain't Polish. I ain't Ukranian. I ain't English. (Although each of those places has fine booze, some great food and pretty women)

I AM CANADIAN
    :cheers:

The Game

Last edited: Jul 2, 2003
  4. lemmie

lemmie Well-Known Member

Uropeons- pull yur friggen self -righteous overpoliticallyanalyzed attitudes outta your asses for once! :ass: - that's loving sarcastic critical humor btw if you can't recognize it - for what it's worth- lighten up.

Cheers to you Gahis, Biles, my old friend Buzz(ledge) and everyone else to the Great White North. South of the border, our day will be here Friday. I raise my freshly cracked bottle o Kokanee to ya! :cheers: If I was up there right now, I'd be walking into the old No. 5 Orange in Gastown, getting wasted and checking out the blondes licking each other up and down in the glass shower on the stage- Biles I assume you know what I'm talking about.

Party on, and be proud about it EH !!!

Lem :kruto:

5. biles

biles Well-Known Member

LOL

In my younger days I spent many a pay-day blowing all my money in the "Five Oh!"
    Question:
    Do strippers down in Seattle not lick each other up and down or shoot ping-pong balls out of their cunts? No!: Honest question, all the boozing I have done "across the line" has been in small establishments or people's homes... Do you have to go all the way to Vegas to see Real Live Sluts Being Disgusting on a stage?

6. gahis

gahis FH Sound Developer

Well said, even is Vancover lost the cup ;)

7. lemmie

lemmie Well-Known Member

Yea Biles,

Vegas is the place. Dancers there will make you forget the $$$ ya just lost at the BJ table, ehhh- I said BJ. At least in Portland you can drink. Washington says no alchohol, and like a 4 foot no touch distance rule or something- pretty friggin lame.

In '87, just after HS grad, 4 of my skating buddies and me piled into the old Monte Carlo and headed up to Vancouver to ride the free city skate parks, something Seattle didn't have at the time due to more tightwad laws. We ripped the Snake Run and the Tea Bowl, then headed downtown to skate the city and hit the bars as many as we could find. We were 18 and I think grandfather law got us in although you guys changed age to 19 or something like that. Then we walked into the No. 5. and I saw god. Sucidal Tendencies hat on my head, skateboard in hand, looking like an absolute punk, the bartender smiled and asked me what I'd like as I couldn't hear him cause one totally hot chick was eatin' another in that glass shower. My dick(brain) was caught in a tractor beam.

I've been stopping there ever since when I head up North. This was the first time I ever utered the words "Canada" and "Rules" in the same sentance. ;) Fuckin rad memories man.

Lem :kruto:

8. Apocalyps

Apocalyps Well-Known Member

Ah sure, I was way too tired last night and as a result a little pissed-off perhaps.

Everybody is a little patriotic, right? I wouldn't leave my country undefended and I always feel the need to react if they downsize it. Something which is in my blood perhaps, throughout the centuries Belgium has been overrun by about every fucking country in Europe!

Anyways, congrats canada ;)

I'll add something to this thread the 21st of July :D

grtz

9. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

no we'll continue the tradition and make an own thread

:p

<Z>

10. Apocalyps

lol ;)

I'm allready looking for the biggest flag I can find :D

Ours will be sooooo much more prettier than Gahis'

11. Kutya

Kutya Banned

You'd better save your liver, booze hurts. :@popcorn:

12. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

my salutation, Canada!

nationalism and patriotism is not bad or good thing... it depends how ppl understand it

if ppl don't discriminate, kill or do such stupid things because of nationality,, it is good to be proud of it; it helps to understand each other if you know his ethnical/cultural background

Cherish the differences, celebrate the diversity!

haappy birthday, Canada!
    [​IMG]

13. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

happy birhtday you canucks :) thiersnothingwrong with showing alove for ones country.

14. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

*Starts humming "Blame Canada".... *

:D

But seriously: my congrats to all of you Canucks!

Of course, Holland is a far better land. Free sex, legal weed and great weathe.... ehhhh, never mind.

15. biles

biles Well-Known Member

Population per Square Km

3.36 Canada
    466.45 Netherlands

I was once living in a place where the nearest beer was 1000 kilometers away. Netherlanders are very lucky to have all that wonderful stuff they got there, in Holland.

Like beer and prostitutes and hashish, canals with wierd fish that look like giant goldfish.

One time I was smoking a pipe full of good pot and watching a mommy duck and her babies swimming in a lake, up where the nearest beer was 1000 kilometers away. The mommy duck had five babies. Then a baby dissappeared. The mommy duck didn't notice. A minute later another baby duck dissapeared. The mommy duck didn't notice. When the third baby dissappeared, the mommy duck noticed. Ducks can only count to three.

There was a meter long, fanged green fish called a Pike, they like to eat ducks, but they don't like beer.

I had another puff on my pipe full of pot and wondered how I was going to get some beer. I wished I was in holland, where fish don't eat ducks and beer is near.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2003
  16. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

rock the fuck on! :super: :super:

17. Apocalyps

Made me feel kinda sad. Sorry Biles, I'll try to get you a Belgian brew next time!

grtz

18. biles

biles Well-Known Member

One time I am sittin' at a dock at a place where there was beer near. I was dangling my feet in the water when "HOLY FUCK!" Something bit me.

Northern Pike. I never saw the thing, but the guy up on the beach who heard me swearing told me a fish prolly bit my toe. I had a couple BIG scrathes on my foot. Sure didn't LOOK like a fish bite, I says. And he says, "Do you know what a fish bite LOOKS like? And I said, "Well, um, no.... What the fuck? Fish don't bite people's feet?" And he said? "Don't think so? Why don't you go and sit down there and put your feet back in that water then?"

Also called "Snarks." Pull one out of the water and be so happy, then turn your back and the fucker goes for your balls. Yep. These fish are fuckin' crazy.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2003
  19. dick_steel

dick_steel Well-Known Member

Yep, thatґs a northern pike (esox lucius).

They have a very nasty habit to zoom at everything that moves suddenly in front of them.

Heard of few that attaked swimming kids in past few years.

IMO itґs Chernobylґs fault, too. Some genetic twist i guess.
    Just like giant hooters, that teens have nowadays. I cant find any other explanation. And i have investigated them visually A LOT. ;)

But back to the pike. I recommend orange six-inch yig, pulled slowly, letting some loose in few second periods. Sould do the trick. This years finest is 4.3 kg.

Make a fillet with little salt, and in the oven you go. Yum.

20. Apocalyps

Wow, another great source of infinite wisdom!

Although I don't want to hear one bad word about the giant hooters ;) I also love to observe those fine specimens! hehe