Check out new fighter pics here

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by illo, Jul 4, 2003.

1. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

PLZ P.24 looks not unlike Westland Lysander. I would like very much to see many different nationalities in the early war planeset. most of these planes are in microsoft sim and i'b bet FH would draw a lot of pilots with planes like these (dont forget Brewsters, Fokkers, SAABs and Aussie planes too. also, some american models were flow in combat only by the Chinese nationalists). The arena is so much more fun with a large crowd.

2. lemmie

lemmie Well-Known Member

Jerry-

Your work is absolutely stunning. :@prayer: I had your rendering of the La-5FN as my wallpaper for probably 6 months or so- I found it when searching for photos of the aircraft. I'd never seen your site until illo's post. Your work is so real. The effectiveness of the light and shadows on what seem to be snapshots of action is amazing. Basically your work blows my mind. I think the only thing missing from your site is a bio- what's your medium? How did you get started? Has your work been featured? etc, etc- As a fan now, I'm curious to know.

Cheers,

Lem :kruto:

3. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Talking about Ploesti this scenario is still waiting to be played on FH :)

4. JerryBoucher

JerryBoucher Member

You may be suprised to hear that the IAR-80/81 series were actually developments of the P.24 airframe - if you look at the rear fuselage and tail, you can see that they are the same.

5. JerryBoucher

JerryBoucher Member

Lemmy - I'm glad you like my work. The reason I don't have any bio on my site is that my techniques tend to vary over time, and I prefer showing my work and the subject matter than about how I made them ;) I started doing this sort of work about 3 or 4 years ago, just as an experiment. I used to work in the computer games business as a graphics artist, and wanted to put those skills to use creating aircraft images - I've always been fascinated by aircraft, particularly the more obscure types. My work has been used for several book covers and as the artwork for modelkit boxes, and I have quite a few projects in those areas being released this year :) Make sure you check my 'Links' section for sites owned by artists that I like (especially Jaroslaw Wrobla). You may also be interested in Shigeo Koike's work: http://www.ne.jp/asahi/airplane/museum/Ecl-pln2.html - he is another one of my favourites :)

6. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

ah yes, I remember that link to the latter site popping up sometime before... nice site indeed, but it's pretty evident it's drawn, nice drawings though, but I still prefer your work :p

BTW, Forgotten Battles eh? Maybe you should give FreeHost a try then, ain't all that big if you've got a fast internet connection, graphics maybe outdated, but there wouldn't be so many pilots flying it if it weren't a great game :) the decision is yours...

<Z>

Another way to go on your work though! :super:

7. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

On the subject of the thread, please can we have the SM79. Over 1200 i think were produced, tri-engined medium bombers carrying up to 2500kg. Top speed of 434kmh also :)

Some info is available here.

@ Jerry: Your site is great, amazing artwork :) Hope to see you in FH sometime soon. The joystick is mightier than the pencil ;)

-glas-

8. Rapier

Rapier Guest

How about these?

Some of them are still alive.
    AFAIK the Italian Air Force has a few F104S (the ones with a little wider wingspan and sparrow equipment) still in service.
    [​IMG]
    All the others seem to be either displayed in museums or have been retired/demolished.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2003
  9. mishen

mishen Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 5, 2003
  10. Kutya

Kutya Banned

If you directly click on it, there ain't no picture.

11. JerryBoucher

JerryBoucher Member

Yes, I have seen that photo before :)

12. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Hi Jerry, let me start by saying that I REALLY love the images. I'd say this classifies as "art". :)

Second: how come there are no Fokkers on your site? :) As a dutchman, I must say I am VERRRRRY dissapointed! :) :) :)

13. JerryBoucher

JerryBoucher Member

I have a very long list of aircraft I want to make - the Fokker is one of them ;)

14. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

very nice work jerry, i especially like the westland whirlwind. any chance of a boomerang soon?? i heard they more then held thier own against japanese zeros and bombers, besides the usual ground duties of troop support and marking targets.

bullet =elite= squadron

p.s. any good old u.s.a aircraft mainstream and non mainstream going to be added?? ex, p-63A kingcobra's??

15. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

Anyone have a photo of Hartmann's F-86?

16. JerryBoucher

JerryBoucher Member

Bizerk - I do have a Boomerang ready, but it just needs to be put into a suitable scene to show it off ;) As for US aircraft, I have a P-400 in VVS colours which is nearly finished, and may make a P-36 at some point (in Chinese Nationalist service). But there will be no Mustangs, P-38s, etc. on my site unless they're in the background of an image :D

These are the aircraft I have completed and will hopefully soon create an image for: Ki-27 (Manchukuo), IL-2 (single seat and field mod), MS 406 (Finnish), P-400, Boomerang. I have a few other secret projects on the production line, but details of these will no be revealed until the right time ;)

17. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

:)

Jerry, excuse me for being such a pain in the neck, but which Fokker will you be making? D-XXI, G-IV, C-V?????

:)

18. JerryBoucher

JerryBoucher Member

The D-XII :) I like the overall design of monoplane fighters from the 1930s, and the Fokker is a good example that was also used in action.

19. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Oh GOODY!!!!!! YES YES YES!!!!

:D

Great plane... The Fins were quite happy with it, or so I've been told. I'm afraid we didn't get much of chance of using that plane well ourselves, as we capitulated after 5 days :)

20. JerryBoucher

JerryBoucher Member