The most irritating thing

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Holmes, Jul 5, 2003.

1. Holmes

Holmes Well-Known Member

I mean PK of course!

I am sure that FH will be much more interesting without that stupid option. Sometimes it is so much irritating - fly 45 minutes, make 5 kills and in the end killed by 1 x 12mm lama shooter from D7.

Disband PK :super:

2. mosche

mosche Well-Known Member

can it be that your head is to big????? :mafia:

3. gahis

gahis FH Sound Developer

you should not press "u" and look back and stick tounge at con chasing you !!

4. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

oh yes! i agree with you, holmes!

i don't care if it is from d8 or d1, but this abrupt end, the sudden death during exciting evasives, the unexpected hit between the eyes in vertical fights... it is the anger about being killed without being able to do anything against it. and i also doubt that it is due to the fabulous aim of the enemies which i engage, or of my own 'skills', that during the last months the 'pilot-kill' ranks first with approx >70% as the end of engagement - it is beyond skill and fun for me.

isn't it possible to handle pk's like fuel-leak? maybe the screen will get more and more red after a 'pk', until the pilot can't see anything, but has got some time to try to land or ditch or bail?

5. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    On the other hand. I am a crappy shot. I was bounced by a f4f. I watched him. he was d15...d14... d13... d12...etc.
    So I pulled my 109f up into a tiny zoom.
    d12... d11.......... d10..............................d9........................................................................................d8.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................d7 etc.
    pulled her up even steeper.
    d6... d5... d4 and the poor bugger starts wiggling, hehe. Hammerhead time.
    My plane shuuder a bit. he got a bead on me and hit my franz a couple times. then he crapped out and stalled.
    I fliupped over and sixed the poor bastard and began hosing the shit out of him.
    After 20 x 20mm and 175 x 7.7, no visible effect, no smoke, no parts flying off. I am getting frustrated.
    now he is down down, a place I don't like to be when in a franz.
    A couple of the goldz around me were cheering me on.
    I am about ready to give up on this guy, too many redz around, I am watching, scoping out my escape route. Do I still have enough Air Speed? Oh, there is a hole I can slip through, oooooh.
    One last time the fucker zigs by my gunsights, so I give him a squirt, a last angry spurt of 7.7mm.
    POOF.
    And then he started bitching and hollering on channel 100. five minutes of it. SO I said, bye byes to him. He relogged and bitched some more. Seems he thought that after being hit 200 times a PK was very un-fair.
    And people wonder why Biles seldom flies using his own nick, eh?
    Well, I am tired of it. Seems you sometimes can't do anything right. Or fairly. Or openly. Or without being a "coward," and "Ack hugger," a "runner" or a (you know the bad bad word, it begins with "c").

Arrrrgh.

If 1/1000 hits has a chance of nailing a pilot in his noggin (in some games, called a "critical hit" or "system hit") and I spend five missions getting a total of 1000 hits, what the hell is wrong with nailing a guy in his noggin?
    I don't get it.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2003
  6. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

no armoured glass on the top of the canopy. i get PK very rarely, usually it is in verts.

7. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

damage of pilot's head is the phenomena from the combat game row of damages of engine, wings, weapons etc.

8. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

This is beyond a joke ... who changed what?...pk's used to be every now and then now it is every kill WHY??? i played for 2 hours tonight 6/7/2003 +10:hours in that time i got shot down 8 times with 7 pk's it is strange that others have noticed it as well....

:cheers:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2003
  9. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

well.. cancel pk... and chances to kill anything f. e. in spitfire 1 would be really lowered

imho pks are good thing ... but ...mb LARGE inspection of planes DMG maps would be really good - burst from 8 brownings from the proppeler to the tail.. at conv.. all goes into fuselage and nothing
    at the other side D7 hit from enemy directly on my 6 in plane which has pilot armor...
    and cockpit of zeke "rejecting bullets"

and other things like this!!

imho DMG model is the thing, admins should care about.. it has the biggest effect on the whole sim .. much bigger than adjusting planes characteristic

10. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Forgive me my stupidity but did ww2 planes have exploding bullets ? 30mm? 37mm? I've been pk'ed with 1 x7mm 2 times during my time hier.. I could imagine the feeling of 30mm-40mm shell banging metal near a pilot ...dead ,pass out ...

It would be cool to know how the game calculates hits..any random factors there?

I know the feeling of loosing good streak with 'weird lucky shot' ,I lost my best 1 via killed on red beacon ...

11. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

I believe the WB damage model calculates hits on the 'hit-bubble' method. All parts of plane, AND pilot are represented by an invisible spherical area. When this area is calculated to have been 'hit', damage is applied according to the ammo type involved. Taking a 'hit' to your pilots 'hit-bubble' registers a PK regardless of ammo type. Hell, even a 7mm round to the head would likely be deadly, or at least cause unconcsious pilot to fly into ground. I too get alot of PK deaths, but try to rationalize it by remembering these were real flesh and blood pilots shooting real high velocity shells in greatvolume at each other.

12. Mach-1

Mach-1 Well-Known Member

Hi all

LoL, This is con use one sniper Rifle :) with laser point View

But is The most irritating thing is one guy in bf109g-10 or bf110g2 in D14~d17 hit your Buff with big-guns... end you explod

Is very irritation :)

Salute guys

13. james Mears

james Mears Well-Known Member

AMEN BROTHER HOLMES REALLY HATE IT....PK

14. tipiss

tipiss Well-Known Member

guys, funny that you want realism but no pk's!

A WW2 canadian pilot said that they wouldn't (or not often) do moves that would expose the cockpit to the guns, here in FH nobody flies that way (or very few). If you read Buzz Berling career story he tells stories of pk's, and ever chute killing (especially in Malta) they were common in WW2.

Yes it's frustrating about being killed with 2 x 7mm but it's a small prize to pay when the FH planes never have mechanical problems, or the effect of wind when they take off or land!

And for those pilots who get killes with 7 pk's in 10 sorties... well it's your fault by exposting your cockpit or the shooter just pounded you with a shit load of ammo or it's just pure luck.

anyway, that was my 5 cents

15. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

I love pks.

Though wounding would be nice addition.