FOrgotten Battles killer:)

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by ramzey, Jul 22, 2003.

1. ramzey

ramzey Well-Known Member

Its early alpha and not all works and have correct look but im so excited and just must share with you all

take look on video on this page

http://www.combathanger.com/ah2.htm

ramzey

2. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Hate to say that, but those screens are... BUTT UGLY!!! Aces over Europe in hi-res at best.
    But then I'm the person who is addicted to 640x480 2d untextured sim for some 4 years now... :D

3. ramzey

ramzey Well-Known Member

odszczekasz mi to za jakis czas;)

btw u haven't look at video? right? :mafia: :D :mafia:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2003
  4. Holmes

Holmes Well-Known Member

Hello,

Hmmm, it isn't so brillant :(
    Sth. like Microsoft Flight SImulator 5 :D

But ok - let them finish the job :shuffle:

5. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

I was very disappointed in il-2 FB. (FMs, options, most ready missions, campaign sucks)
    So I'll just wait for AH2 now. :)

6. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

looks good, too bad it's another pay thingy

<Z>

7. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

I'm in love with AH already, I wish I had the money to keep playing there after the 2 weeks are over... :(

8. itayky

itayky Well-Known Member

well im donating
    who should i write the check for fla ?

9. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

You cant judge IL2FB right now, before the first patch. The old IL2 sucked before first patch too. ;)

As for AH2 i cant wait to see it too. Too bad its paid... and expensive. :eek:

10. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

AH was a direct developement from WB, and though bit more advanced, it's still only an arcade shoot'em up in the air. Hope AH 2 will be much different in the direction of realism, but for now il-2FB is the ONLY realistic ww2 combat sim ever made on PC. It has few flaws but when they will be corrected, FB will be just perfect. Can't wait for dedicated server.

11. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

If FB could get a dedicated server with dynamic arena... man.. AH and any other WW2 charged sim are dead!

12. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Well as is FB has to develop very much.

Some planes performances are so far off it amazes.

I know 190 performance quite well so i can tell about it. FB 190 controls are stiffer at speed than 109 which conradicts all real life tests. Try to put 190 in dive and turn - its complete sled. Where is all instant and high speed maneuverability it was so praised for? (by number of allied test pilots) I could rack kills after kills in 109, but in 190 I felt so useless. Again what did real life pilots say when comparing these planes? I don't wonder that you see basicly no one flying 190A versions online. Best fighter germans had in 1942-1943. I'd rather take great LaGG-3 and fly as soviets anyday. I just wonder how wrong are all those planes I personally have not researched.

Some weirdness in DM also. If planes at ground touch eachothers wings at under 10kmh speed. Both planes disintegrate in huge explosion. huh? Just like that jeep in TOP SECRET.

One big minus comes from inabilty to set decent rudder via keyboard. I guess I have to buy pedals if FB improves.

What I like in FB is weather, graphics, gunnery and engine management. Those are done really well (engine management is bit buggy). Though Finland is full of rivers sized amazon, but that really isnt an issue. It's just 1 map so who cares.
    Clouds are simply best i've ever seen. Gunnery is really great and i dont have any negative comments about that. Bullets are sized as bullets should be (small) and shooting accuracy is really about skill where to hit.

But well..all in all i didnt like FB. Maybe I expected too much. Idiotic AI spoils offline play. And online I can't really fly my favorite plane as I think it should fly.

In AH I get much more pleasure flying 190. It roll is almost as good as real and other specs are dead on right. I love 109s in AH also, there it's not quite as super as in FB and really needs a skilled pilot to fly them for full effect.

AH gunnery sucks really bad though. So I guess im still waiting for my "perfect sim". :D

Last edited: Jul 25, 2003
  13. ramzey

ramzey Well-Known Member

bf109 comes direct from kitty hawk;)
    If HTC will copy or enhance WB source code, Wild Bill will sue them much earlier;)

AH allways will be mmog, and u cannot expect hardcore simulation game. Close to reality but allways balanced for gameplay.
    FB is great, but planes not flew like they should? rotfl I read this as game is f**** Its still game and gameplay is most importand to please gamers.
    For dedicated server how long you wait? 2-2,5 years? ;-)

Both are only games not simulators. When AH match FB graphic or even it will be a'bit worse, will kill gameplay of FB in every point.

ramzey

14. ramzey

ramzey Well-Known Member

if aunt have moustache, can be uncle :mafia:

15. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Damn you all! :D

I just downloaded AH last night and spent hours playing it offline. I could easily become addicted to this. The textures and details on the maps are excellent.

Im looking forward to trying it online :dark:

-glas-

16. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

@ illo - you've spoken my mind out
    I haven't tried FB... just IL2 1.0 and 1.2 and I was thinking about the very same things - although i liked the gunnery but not dmg model (small RoF or planes were just too durable... heard FB has been improved much in this aspect).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ad AH... well looks nice but there are several things that i just hate
    super 6 view and very attacker favourable dmg model....
    it feels so arcadic
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have heard that WW2OL has great possibilites .. it is not table sim.. however still very buggy

wonder how good will be Target ware sims... if they will ever be introduced

17. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

A red turtle told me that in WWIIOL the Bf110 could turn as good as spitfires. :rolleyes:

18. Comet-

Comet- Well-Known Member

Well, 110C was better turner (rate, not radius) than 109E, and 109 wasn't much worse than Spit I...

Still, it is lot of work to get dynamicaly calculated (x-plane, il2, ww2online) sim perform accurately, just look at IL2 and FB and their problems...a lot more difficult than table-based sims like WB.

Air simulation in WW2Online was without major improvements from the first version as they concentrated on other issues. And you are right, it sucked. But they finally overworked whole FM in the current 1.9 beta. WW2Online FM has great potential, it's only matter of time.

19. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Anyone here heard of Planetside? It's due out soon in the UK and looks to revolutionise online gaming in the way Warbirds did when it was first released.

http://planetside.station.sony.com/

Be interested to know if anyones played it before I go and buy it and say goodbye to Warbirds

Mal

20. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

The only online game not related to WW1/WW2 that made me take a break from WB was the futuristic tank battle sim Tanarus. Really nice multiplayer stuff, nice maps, tanks etc.