why change FM again????

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by bizerk, Jul 25, 2003.

1. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

was enjoying the hellcat for a couple of tod's now it is back to flying through thick soup again. all i can say is WHY!!!! andif yousay you didnt change it, it's just me, you guys are full of doodoo! this game is for free, and i appreciate it greatly, but why tinker, tinker,tinker??? jesus freakin C----- ! if it isn't broken, then don't fix it! NO <S> this time !!

bullet

2. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

AFAIK FM is related with software you have on your HDD so it's impossible to change FM without installing new patch. Stop whining :).

3. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

not whinning, hellcat flies nice offline to me, when i came on this afternoon felt real sluggish and unresponsive in the arena. thisis how it acted a few months back. andi wasn't the only person to notice this. but the past few t.o.d's hellcat had a better handling capability. but now it is like it was.

4. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12277&highlight=hellcat

nothing changed since then bizerk, nothing changed.. i tried hellcat couple of times.. still feels the same

I don't agree with the fact that it has much worser handling at higher speeds than F4F but... ehm... this smells like paranoia... nothing really changed...
    as stec pointed out.. FM is made by your client.. not by server

5. HJM---

HJM--- Well-Known Member

whining just for whining as usual...

just did some testing of Hellcat here...it performs even better than some might think, but of course, U didn't notice...

speed at optimal altitude (for F6F-5) of ~7132m:

RL - 612km/h
    FH - 623km/h (had 77% fuel then, ammo 100)

diving...a dream...went to 1012km/h TAS w/o any problems...lost aileron ONLY at 1020 km/h, great control in dive

turns quite well at about 200 km/h...roll is not that bad also...

btw. i just did a Red TOD...and there are some undermodelled machines here on FH (Yak9T with it's max speed for ex.), but ppl don't scream around about it...they are just flying...and trying their best...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2003
  6. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

oh HJM.. this is demagogy

"great control in dive" "roll is not bad also"

what is it? "not bad"

elevator just suck in dive and roll rate(or better to say airelon responsiveness) is the biggest drawback of F6F (probably it was even in RL... but here the problem is worse because of WB roll inertia)

7. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

This is one of the main reasons I fly gold because I can't find a Red plane that suits my way of flying.

Mal

8. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

I remember a US Navy ace saying the F6F was a great roller, while the P38 sucked at rolling... strange things in comparisson to FH... I read it in a thread on FH...

<Z>

9. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

@ zembla

well.. p 38 sucks at low speed rolling and at J & F version suck at high speed rolling (in RL it was only over 20kft (?) - wb don't allow model such thing so it suck in all heights)
    F6F rolls quite good.. but the airelon response is slow..

as I said.. roll inertia here is making from quite good bad, from bad even worse.. and so on

however still I think that there is something wrong with WBFH F6F
    it seems ridiculous to me that F6F has MUCH worse handling in dive than F4F
    Odisseo once tried to explain this problem to me... still I don't believe

10. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

nor do i manoce, i do not put any stock into any aircraft here. not that i want to get down on people putting real effort into making things real or for game balancing issues. but i do believe somehave the power to make certain aircraft handle better or worse depending how they feel when they arrise. if this is to keep things interesting then please say so. the hellcat was handling just fine. now once again pulling on the joystick in large margins to get it to respond is rediculous. it improved upon the f4f in speed and climb and manueverability was nearly the same.

now about the tempest, why was it added? no difference. the tempest hadwings much like that of the spitfires. so why are they straight? tempest should accellerate faster, dive better. climb much better, and manuever better. the tempest should be faster then the 190d9 as should the spit14. did anyoneknowthespitfire should have one of the best diving characteristics dueto its extremely thin wing? the next closet to diving was the zero because it's wing was almost as thin. but in a dive had compression probs when itwent over 250 mph. but back on to thetopic at hand, the hellcat was toned down whether anyone cares or not. all i can say is, test it againwhen it comes out. and see how it performs, it behaves a little better off line then in the arena.

bullet

p.s. somemay call it paranoia, i don't! i call it screwing up one of my favorite rides. and much to the happiness of my opponents. :(

11. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

well .. same in WBFH

12. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

AFAIK spitfires were way too light to dive very fast. Also their tendency to lose wings wouldn't make them best divers for sure. And I also don't see much relation between wing thickness and diving speed - maybe some guy who's deeper into aerodynamics would say his opinion? P47, Fw190, F4u - these flying bricks were best diving planes of WW2.

13. Comet-

Comet- Well-Known Member

Mach 0.94 in dive in Spitfire 22 (I think) without significant damage. He dived from 50k+, compressed and he was able to pull up at low altitudes.
    Aircraft wasn't prepared for this, as it wasn't preplanned. He climbed on his mission to the alt of 55k, but then he received warning about cockpit pressure and he dived....little too fast :).