Jap fuel fire

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by devill, Aug 8, 2003.

1. devill

devill Well-Known Member

I would like to ask admins:

Is there or isnt a Jap planes damage bug, that eliminates possibility of fuel fire?

Ty

2. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Which plane Devil, cos everytime I fly the Ki84 I die from the Right Feul catching fire andexploding.

Mal

3. devill

devill Well-Known Member

A6M Ki43 N1K1

I dont know about Ki84 or Ki27

In those 3 planes above, when I'm hit i ussualy get fuel leak.

But never fuel fire.

4. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

A6M2 - many fuel leaks, ussualy from wings, about in 1/3 fuelfire.
    Ki-61 - can't remember.
    other Japs - sorry, i'm not flying on them

5. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

if you hit jap plane you have great chance that it will start loosing fuel; however chance that this fuel will catch on fire are very low... my experience -- seems to be quite opposite to reality

if you want to set it alight, you have to shoot from very close D... I don't know why.. it doesn't make any sense

6. mishen

mishen Well-Known Member

Its normal that the fuel leaks are more because the upper surface of the jap planes was made from textile (no enough metal to build all metal construction planes)so when the bullet hit the wing it doesn make spark which can fire up the fuel.Unfortunetly i don't know what the tanks have been made of.So if the fuel tanks were made from the same material....get it?If the wing and fuse ribs are the only metal parts-they can cause firing up the plane if they are hit by bullet. :D
    Im not sure about all this but im not 1 of those that :rtfm: alot :p

7. gahis

gahis FH Sound Developer

I find flying the A6M and N1k1/2 I get many fuel leaks from no leathal damage ((most time its lethal, and lose wing, etc)) and from fw-190, i get WAY too much c-fuel fire

8. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

true... each time i'm going out after field attack and i get 20mm from ackCfuel is starting to burn

9. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

same for american planes

10. devill

devill Well-Known Member

My experience:

Ki43 - i didnt see or get fuel fire since FH 1.42
    Other Jap planes too, maybe fuel fire is VERY rare, but i havent gotten fire in zero for a long time too.
    I say again: I STARTED NOTICING THIS AFTER FH 1.42

I didnt wanna get into other planes but:

1x20mm CFUEL fire on FW190 (i thought this was a known bug?!)
    P40 B and E - since FH1.42 i never got a leak without fuel going on fire (always fuel fire)

@mishen,

Fuel fire from ordinary bullets occur when air enters fuel tanks thru bullet holes, then it makes an explosive mixture with remaining fuel.
    Cure for this was either pumping exhaust gases from engine into fuel tanks (russian method) or introducing "self-sealing" (kinda rubbery) fuel tanks, that close up bullet holes.
    Japanese planes had none of these things and since already lightly armoured they were real easy to light up.

That was in reality...

In FH... Every time I hit Ki43 I give him one or both tanks leak... Since FH 1.42 I never have seen ANY of them blow up or loose a wing!

I started this thread because developers need to make repairs to what they screwed up in FH 1.42.

11. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Thinking about it you're right, never died from a feul fire in A6M or Ki61 IMHO (memory not so good anymore)

Lots of feul leaks though, PK's and bits falling off.

Mal

12. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

If you fuel fire, try flying through some 20mm AA. Fuel fire in my Nikis Tonys and Zekes all the time from that. Also my wing (Niki) fell off last night from fuel fire when i was out of fuel. 2 kills in that sortie, both stolen by gamers who would rather build streak against dead engine planes than maintain alt and save ammo. I hope they got bounced. IMO the awarding of kills code is more buggy than fuel fire code, or rather could more do with correction (last bullet in should not always get the kill)

13. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

imho there is no need to lost time with repairing awarding of kills code... it doesn't affect the air combat at all (fuel fire at the other side affects it much).. it is good only for boosting yourself.. mb best would be to cancel kill announcement absolutely

and btw.. last bullet is not getting always the kill... damages are classified and the highest class/last dmg of same class is counting.. imho