Outside view in tracks

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Holmes, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Holmes

Holmes Well-Known Member

Hello,

Don't You think that outside view should be avail. when playing tracks? Or maybe there is possibility to turn it on/off somewhere :dunno:

2. vojtas

vojtas Well-Known Member

Yup , there is a possibility, all u got to do is to type in :

.extview

...but the view u got quite sux :D

more about this ---> EXTVIEW

Last edited: Aug 9, 2003
  3. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

taa widać tylko kawałki samolotu latające przed maszyną, w żaden sposуb nie przypomina to alt-v. nawet kokpit nie znika :/

4. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W

I been wondering about the following:
    Install a freehost somewhere on your computer. Make it so it does not interfere with the one you already have (how to do that? I don't know, that is why I been "wondering...").
    The new one you install, you then go and hack the cockpits so they are not visible (make a vew file, or whatever they are called, that is "clear").
    Use that version of WB Freehost to view recorded flights.

Anyone who has a brain know how to do this?

Maybe PM me and we can work out a trade, you show me how to do this and I will pay you a fortune in FH Rubles, Zloties, Rupees or Pounds, show you how to make moose sausage, ship you a load of salmon cheeks or bag a hundred kilos of good British Columbia dirt and ship it to you so you can grow nuthin'.

5. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

You guys read my mind....

When I went offline last night I was looking at some of my tracks, and thought 'I need to post some comments about the track system.

I have found that the best way to externally view a track is to press the 5 key on the number pad. this will give you the cockpit view looking up, so it only works if the plane you are flying has a clear top view.

There is a problem with the tracks themselves. Some planes are only half there. I have some tracks taken while flying the p38 (all variants) where from the cockpit no wings are visible. Go to external view and the pilots fuselage is missing. This is not the only plane with this glitch. Check out the screenshot below....taken from a track (external view).

I would also like to know if there is any way to play tracks from different folders, as I have some 570 tracks ( 40Mb), and it takes a long time for trackviewer to load the list. I have now sorted them by nick (I have 2) and am going to sort further by TOD (time permitting), but I can't play them unless I have them in the default track folder, which means I have to juggle them from folder to folder. Any suggestions?

regards, Oz

Last edited: Aug 10, 2003
  6. Comet-

Comet- Well-Known Member

It isn't really external view. Only the camera is shifted from cockpit to the outside of the plane.

3D model of the plane is still same, as you can see from the cockpit, that means only limited part of the aircraft. Also all polygons are visible only from one side, usually from above, as they are supposed to be visible from cockpit.

It is fun to see how huge this model is, compared to the normal external 3D models of aircrafts. At least 5x times as big as other aircrafts around :)

7. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

what about alt v? or am i an idiot? :dunno:

8. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

does altv work in tracks, afi? what are you talking about?

9. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

I guess i'm an idiot :)